Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Buyers Order/Purchase Order when ordering

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have some horror stories from car transports through basic brokers. For example, there was no damage, but that my girlfriend's 911 Turbo S arrived intact was dumb luck.
Well, she did crack a rib when crawling in through the passenger side window, to turn the steering wheel.

Took a couple of hours of creative winching and such to get that car out of the trailer. Why? The dufus had tied it with only two straps, diagonally. Needless to say, the car was millimeters from the trailer walls after the 1,000-mile trip.

That was the worst one, but her Redeye shipping wasn't much better. There's a reason she would only use Reliable Carriers now, if I can't go get the cars.

Ironically, I've had much better luck with having machinery transported.
I shipped with open full hydraulic flat bed trailer for just that reason. Had a shield but not full side walls. Was only450-500 miles and it went flawless. Depending doing on where it was coming from might not be practical.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wouldn't have to be. 4 doors are better built. Just ask the cab company
No, no, I meant break-in as in treating the vehicle correctly when new, not what getaway vehicle is best suited after a break-in.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Break in period with this car is like breaking in a new girl friend. Ain't going to do nothing right. Nothing going right and hard to find that sweet spot. I broke my H/C in like dating a prom queen with big brother watching. I did Memorial Day weekend to Atlanta and back. Got that virgin 's 500 miles done. The next 500 miles was in the garage and then I wood place ice packs. The chemical ones, on the engine with em wrapped up in a towel to cool the engine. I didn't trust the gal to bust a nutt while on it's virgin intro into the world. I babayed this thing to death. It still broke, but knowing the factory could and wood look at it thru we connect. If you fart wrong the computer picks it up. Prom queen the critter is.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Check with chapman/koons/or the kentucky dealer if you are on the east coast, they are all doing 5% below invoice or roughly 9% off msrp.

Chapman is even taking deposit free orders.

F*ck these other dealers, the major players are changing the way orders are done.

Another member on here has a great dealer in utah as well.

Don't waste your time with a clueless cdjr dealer.
Just walked out of Koons, they are a hard 30K ADM on Jailbreaks, even for Forum members.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Check with chapman/koons/or the kentucky dealer if you are on the east coast, they are all doing 5% below invoice or roughly 9% off msrp.

Chapman is even taking deposit free orders.

F*ck these other dealers, the major players are changing the way orders are done.

Another member on here has a great dealer in utah as well.

Don't waste your time with a clueless cdjr dealer.
Who is the KY Dealer?

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I have a very clear, locked in, agreed price for my buyers order from Craig at Koons. VERY easy to place the order and encourage you to look around. I had several dealers jerk me around prior to meeting Craig. It may be worth it to ship the car to CA.. just saying.
Spoke to Craig in person a little while ago, Forum price program does not apply to Jailbreaks, firm 30K ADM there.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Spoke to Craig in person a little while ago, Forum price program does not apply to Jailbreaks, firm 30K ADM there.
Yea.. That would be a no-go for me.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Yea.. That would be a no-go for me.
They claim someone on here already paid it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
LOL.... I can tell them where to put that Jail Breaker

D31G.gif

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I wouldn’t buy a car from Koons at any price just based on principle. If you want to add a small ADM that’s fine but $30,000 is just being a DB. F@ck them.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
All this talk about ordering has made me think about ordering a "spare" Challenger, while they're still available with a real engine. And still looking good.

Spec'ed one out to my liking and it came to just under $73K. Hmm...and then maybe $8K off of that...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Just walked out of Koons, they are a hard 30K ADM on Jailbreaks, even for Forum members.
Jailbreak is some weird sh*t, dealers say stellantis is limiting production and thus they say they are only allocated a few vehicles, they are saying it's not open ordering.

Doesn't justify the outrageous pricing but that's the reasoning, it's not just koons, the other big dealers are charging adm as well, best bet is smaller local deslers.

Kentucky dealer is dan cummins and they may be charging over msrp as well.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
All this talk about ordering has made me think about ordering a "spare" Challenger, while they're still available with a real engine. And still looking good.

Spec'ed one out to my liking and it came to just under $73K. Hmm...and then maybe $8K off of that...
Do it!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

That better be for a redeye... ;)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I wouldn’t buy a car from Koons at any price just based on principle. If you want to add a small ADM that’s fine but $30,000 is just being a DB. F@ck them.
It's the current shitty market that allows them to get away with this bs, also stellantis has a huge role in this if they are limiting orders.

Wherever there's a deal I'll buy, if dealers treat cars like a business so should you. If koons is giving me 5% on a hellcat and 30k on a jailbreak and every other dealer is giving me invoice or msrp for a hellcat and msrp for a jailbreak then I'll go grab my hellcat from koons and get the jailbreak from another dealer.

The more emotion you put in buying cars or houses the bigger you lose.

Right now the best bet for these hellcats is chapman because they are deposit free, no crazy high doc fee like koons( $299 vs $799), and they beat dan cummins by 1% below invoice (4% vs 5%)

Just my 2 cents but after buying dozens of cars in short amounts of time it's always money over everything imo.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That better be for a redeye... ;)
Actually, I think I'd rather have a regular 'Cat. That would make it easier to swap to a regular (earlier) hood.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I want a shaker on my 2018 HC. The only thing I have not gotten my way with. I just replaced the hood on mine and could not figure out how to do it but to build it myself and as a sheet metal mechanic. Not that hard. An old friend of mine has a sheet metal shop 3 miles from the house. It has crossed my mind to build it. 1/4 inch alumin, cross break, modify the center, insulate the under side with 3/4 inch Armacell, put breathes acesses size and #s where you want. Cross brace and place the breathers where you want. Ah hell,,,, to the drawing board and map this out. Still to soon for the bearings to go out. Careful of what you open up.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Jailbreak is some weird sh*t, dealers say stellantis is limiting production and thus they say they are only allocated a few vehicles, they are saying it's not open ordering.

Doesn't justify the outrageous pricing but that's the reasoning, it's not just koons, the other big dealers are charging adm as well, best bet is smaller local deslers.

Kentucky dealer is dan cummins and they may be charging over msrp as well.
Yup, thanks, I'll probably just ride out the order at my Dealer in SW Ohio.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yup, thanks, I'll probably just ride out the order at my Dealer in SW Ohio.
If they give you msrp then all for it.

I don't understand what stellantis is doing with the jailbreak by handicapping options and packages on the redeye and hellcats forcing people to go for the jailbreak, not a fan to say the least.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Actually, I think I'd rather have a regular 'Cat. That would make it easier to swap to a regular (earlier) hood.
They all come with that new intake now though, which I believe functions really well.