Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Chevy Will Void Warranties On Flipped Z06 Vettes

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
So much for White Trash and his 5 ZO6 he wants to flip!
"White Trash". Wow, now there's a name I (thankfully) haven't heard of since the old blog days. Dude was an unapologetic racist 4sshole in my opinion. Good riddance...

As for the topic at hand...flipping...Unless these ppl are really cash flow poor (and/or not that smart financially), the 12 month freeze (or 2 years for the GT) is a joke. Most can figure this out in their sleep. You beg steal or borrow so u can finance a GT for 500K (600K tops), and flip it for 1.5-2M 24 months later. Do you really think sitting on it for 2 years is something most sane ppl would "pass" on? It's a 200% (1M net) win at a minimum. A sure fire 100% annualized gain. Not exactly chump change either.

Duh Ford (and now GM), your silly ban is 'stopping' no one. All Ford did was hand-pick existing millionaires and made them even richer. Not gonna lie, I tried hard to get a GT, and, yep, I would have flipped it 2.01 yrs later. Despite mentioning that I had owned a 2006 Heritage Edition on their required "application", in the end, I was not quite rich or famous enough apparently, lol.

Ford should have run a PR lottery campaign with applicants that showed they could have financed one. MUCH better publicity for them vs hand-picking fake important cronies who ended up flipping in the end anyway...

Last edited:
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
"White Trash". Wow, now there's a name I (thankfully) haven't heard of since the old blog days. Dude was an unapologetic racist 4sshole in my opinion. Good riddance...

As for the topic at hand...flipping...Unless these ppl are really cash flow poor (and/or not that smart financially), the 12 month freeze (or 2 years for the GT) is a joke. Most can figure this out in their sleep. You beg steal or borrow so u can finance a GT for 500K (600K tops), and flip it for 1.5-2M 24 months later. Do you really think sitting on it for 2 years is something most sane ppl would "pass" on? It's a 200% (1M net) win at a minimum. A sure fire 100% annualized gain. Not exactly chump change either.

Duh Ford (and now GM), your silly ban is 'stopping' no one. All Ford did was hand-pick existing millionaires and made them even richer. Not gonna lie, I tried hard to get a GT, and, yep, I would have flipped it 2.01 yrs later. I was not quite rich or famous enough I guess, lol.

Ford should have run a PR lottery campaign with applicants that showed they could have financed one. MUCH better publicity for them vs hand-picking fake important cronies who ended up flipping in the end anyway...
Who is white trash?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Who is white trash?
Some clown on the "old" Hellcat blog. Used to brag about his vast wealth and flipping conquests (Demon VONs mostly). That was the site that eventually was overrun by advertising Geckos, lol. He was unapologetic and nasty too. In fact, many people fed off being nasty on that site. Lots of keyboard cowboys. I ended up bailing completely soon after I got my Demon (and RS disappeared, who was great). Anyhow I got the word that the old Hellcat site imploded and this (infinitely better) site popped up. I've been here ever since. Much better folks here imo (even with 1971 Demon running his pie hole). Oh, I kid Demon, I kid! You are good ppl... :)

Last edited:
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Some clown on the "old" Hellcat blog. Used to brag about his flipping conquests (Demon VONs mostly). That was the site that eventually was overrun by advertising Geckos, lol. He was unapologetic and nasty too. In fact, many people fed off being nasty on that site. Lots of keyboard cowboys. I ended up bailing completely soon after I got my Demon (and RS disappeared, who was great). Anyhow I got the word that the old Hellcat site imploded and this (infinitely better) site popped up. I've been here ever since. Much better folks here imo (even with 1971 Demon running his pie hole). Oh, I kid Demon, I kid! You are good ppl... :)
This is a tough one. Thumbs up or a laugh?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Much closer to 150-160 if you ordered every conceivable option (and the convert), assuming you are paying MSRP. With ADM, yep 200K is in play for a bells-and-whistle optioned Z06...
The convert is a waste...no visual for the engine...pop the top on the coupe...and you wont know the difference...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Some clown on the "old" Hellcat blog. Used to brag about his vast wealth and flipping conquests (Demon VONs mostly). That was the site that eventually was overrun by advertising Geckos, lol. He was unapologetic and nasty too. In fact, many people fed off being nasty on that site. Lots of keyboard cowboys. I ended up bailing completely soon after I got my Demon (and RS disappeared, who was great). Anyhow I got the word that the old Hellcat site imploded and this (infinitely better) site popped up. I've been here ever since. Much better folks here imo (even with 1971 Demon running his pie hole). Oh, I kid Demon, I kid! You are good ppl... :)
Why you inglorious chuckle head (said with all due respect...and admiration;);))

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Just traded my 2022 TRX on the ZO6...for which I am # 1 at my dealer...and have a written contract that states no ZO6...dealer writes me a check for 96k. Win-win as far as I am concerned! And no, not looking to flip the Z...for at least a year!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just traded my 2022 TRX on the ZO6...for which I am # 1 at my dealer...and have a written contract that states no ZO6...dealer writes me a check for 96k. Win-win as far as I am concerned! And no, not looking to flip the Z...for at least a year!
Why would they do that..:unsure:

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Because I didn't much care for the TRX. Great truck, fun and relatively fast, but huge, thirsty, and boring droning down the interstate at 75mph. Traded my 392 Rubicon for the TRX and found the wanting was better than the having. Decided I wanted to try something entirely different for awhile. It will be my 8th Corvette. But then I change cars and bikes like most people change socks. It's a disease....

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
The convert is a waste...no visual for the engine...pop the top on the coupe...and you wont know the difference...
Interesting. I was leaning drop top. I agree on not seeing the engine with the convert tho... :unsure:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Because I didn't much care for the TRX. Great truck, fun and relatively fast, but huge, thirsty, and boring droning down the interstate at 75mph. Traded my 392 Rubicon for the TRX and found the wanting was better than the having. Decided I wanted to try something entirely different for awhile. It will be my 8th Corvette. But then I change cars and bikes like most people change socks. It's a disease....
Congratulations...?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
If they are so "disturbed" by all of the flipping why not sell directly to the buyer ala Ford and the GT? As a nice bonus this would serve the dual purpose of protecting the CONSUMER from the big bad ADM dealerships...
I don't really care anymore.

The way new cars are going, I won't need to step foot in a dealership again.
Manufacturers were stupid to cancel orders for chips because they were scared of inventory just sitting. Now they can't make enough cars to fill demand when everyone wants to buy.

C8 production should have been 30-40k the first couple of years and they barely made 20k.
Record profits, yes. But also an ass load more they are losing out on. Which is why I firmly believe the Raptor R, Z06, and Escalade V are priced so damn high.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
We were stupid to ever become dependent on chip manufacturing in countries we cannot guarantee will be dependable allies in the long term.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Interesting. I was leaning drop top. I agree on not seeing the engine with the convert tho... :unsure:
waste of money...imo

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
We were stupid to ever become dependent on chip manufacturing in countries we cannot guarantee will be dependable allies in the long term.
All in the quest to save money resulting in making us China’s little bitch. Bend over. The fun’s just getting started.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Fewer made, higher valuation later?
At 6’-5” a drop top is what I need to fit :LOL:. Also don’t have to waste time constantly cleaning an engine that’s not visible.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
At 6’-5” a drop top is what I need to fit :LOL:. Also don’t have to waste time constantly cleaning an engine that’s not visible.
Counterpoint duly noted....(even tho I'm not 6' 5"!)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
my friend is 6'5...he fits fine...