Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer ADMs on the Demon170

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Oh don’t try that Mr. It’s white privilege 😂😂
I actually have one of those cards...:giggle::giggle:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I had a dealer call me this afternoon and said they were taking bids on their only allocation. It’s a small town in FL. The high bid earlier this afternoon was $200k ADM. I wished them luck.
I just can't get my head around that...:rolleyes:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Presenting my latest false-dichotomy...

All of this ADM is either true (in which case I'm out), or...

As we've said, these dealerships aren't stupid, they are brave, ballsy, and underhanded in some cases (with apologies to the dealerships with any level of integrity), perhaps they are actually creating a false market, and saying they have all of these bids/offers/what have you for their allocations. Maybe they even do in some number of cases... But when it comes down to brass tacks, they either actually don't, or have offers that were made by people drunk on hype, and will back out.

So in 4 or 5 weeks, maybe we'll see a bunch of these allocations come back onto the market and they'll suddenly be at only MSRP and plentiful...

Ok, I'll go back in my corner now... :(

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I'll say the dealers that want 100k, they probably have 50-80k offers already and trying to get more. Plenty of time and desperation to get more out potential customers. Some are doing blind bids where you have to give out your highest offer and everyone has to put down 10k to put the offer in.

Hell I had one call and said they want a 75k deposit NON-REFUNDABLE and the markup will be 130k for the car. Who has 75k to sit for months at the dealer and another 55k once the car arrives :ROFLMAO:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Belpre
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger REWB Jailbreak
Man all this makes me super thankful I'm happy with what I have.
I am with you. MSRP plus ADM of 50K, 100K or 200K can buy a lot of other toys. Like the $16K SubZero refer I got my eye on.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I am with you. MSRP plus ADM of 50K, 100K or 200K can buy a lot of other toys. Like the $16K SubZero refer I got my eye on.
Buy the Subzero! Keeps my buddy working!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
If I had Elon's money, I'm not even looking at anything Dodge
If I had Elon's money I would just BUY DODGE outright and build whatever I wanted them to build!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
If I had Elon's money I would just BUY DODGE outright and build whatever I wanted them to build!
I like how you think.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Presenting my latest false-dichotomy...

All of this ADM is either true (in which case I'm out), or...

As we've said, these dealerships aren't stupid, they are brave, ballsy, and underhanded in some cases (with apologies to the dealerships with any level of integrity), perhaps they are actually creating a false market, and saying they have all of these bids/offers/what have you for their allocations. Maybe they even do in some number of cases... But when it comes down to brass tacks, they either actually don't, or have offers that were made by people drunk on hype, and will back out.

So in 4 or 5 weeks, maybe we'll see a bunch of these allocations come back onto the market and they'll suddenly be at only MSRP and plentiful...

Ok, I'll go back in my corner now... :(
I whole heartedly agree...just don't see this ADM insanity being valid...it may take 10 even 20 over...not 100/200...but what do I know ..right:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
For 100k adm alone I could buy and build a Hellcat that runs faster:unsure:

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I think it really is amazing how so many people put so much value in a factory car. The last 71 Hemi Cuda convertible at auction was bid to 4.5 million and didn't sell. You could buy the same car non matching numbers or vin in the 100k range. The only difference is some numbers:unsure:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I'm just a poor white boy tryin to eek out an honest living...that got very lucky this time...;) and in 2018
You sure did. I'm thinking u have some secret sauce tho. lucky all the time isn't a thing, lol . good stuff here tho. very few getting it cheap.

i did a ton of legwork 6 months ago and it looks like i may squeak one out at a very good price. 3/4 dealers turned out to be liars and reneged on deposit/paperwork deals. At least 1 stood tall though and i will promote him on here for sure like u did. ill share more detail once its in dodges system officially...hopefully next week once ordering opens.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I think it really is amazing how so many people put so much value in a factory car. The last 71 Hemi Cuda convertible at auction was bid to 4.5 million and didn't sell. You could buy the same car non matching numbers or vin in the 100k range. The only difference is some numbers:unsure:
and 4.4 million dollars....

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
No, but I think I remember who and what you're talking about. Was the watch situation and the Walmart situation, connected? Is that what you are remembering?

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
You sure did. I'm thinking u have some secret sauce tho. lucky all the time isn't a thing, lol . good stuff here tho. very few getting it cheap.

i did a ton of legwork 6 months ago and it looks like i may squeak one out at a very good price. 3/4 dealers turned out to be liars and reneged on deposit/paperwork deals. At least 1 stood tall though and i will promote him on here for sure like u did. ill share more detail once its in dodges system officially...hopefully next week once ordering opens.
My dealer that I got on a list for before the 2023 announcement, I just missed the cut off as they did not get enough allocations. So if one or two back out on Monday, I got one at MSRP.
I may have a second at 5-10k over if the bidding wars turn out to be fake and dealers will want to rush an order in just to make sure it gets built.

Just sucks so many dealers think they can play this markup game and win. To me its a lottery for them as well. There are not 3,000 buyers at 200k.

I want to find a Coronet or Belvidere and put a twin turbo Demon motor in it and try and run 7s. Its in the budget at 200k

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I apologize if I repeat something someone already said, I did not read all 176 previous posts as it would just p*** me off. Dodge gave up on us as soon as they decided to cancel the platform and replace it with EV's, we are now like the ex-girlfriend that keeps hanging around…. Hoping it will get better…

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
If I don't respond at 100k, why message me again 2 days later trying to win me over at 130k? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1679788280390.png

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

I hope you get your deal..I was not sure that my dealer would even be in the running for one...was actually surprised..sales Mgr. called from Vegas late Mon.nite Not sure who was more excited,,me or him.....He's back @ work Monday..will be there to find out what the next step is...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I had a dealer with 1 of the insignificant last call cars tell me $10K adm. I offered msrp, then I went $5k adm.

A manager then called me and said that $10K was in concrete and he was going to take me off the list.

I responded that he can but when the time comes, he just might need me.

Who knows what is going to happen? I was willing to secure with a contract with a deposit.