Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
Congratulations !! You truly deserve this. Hope you enjoy it just as much as GMG if not more. Looking forward to some great videos of your track adventures with that D170.

Kudos to those who helped make this deal happen. Very cool - very gracious.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Was at the dealer the other day and this gem was in the showroom. It's a 1970 Toyota FJ40 with a LT1 Corvette V8 swap with a 4speed manual! I couldn't resist!
View attachment 128404 View attachment 128405

No, I'm kidding but I did really like the FJ. Some of you remember back when I posted about Go Man Go getting stolen, @Hatermkr asked if I wanted him to ping Tim K. to see if he could help me locate something. I said sure but figured he'd just say go check the HP locator. Well, like 10 minutes later I get Tim's email, he asked for my phone number, and 15 minutes later he called me. I about fell over. He remembered me from CDM I think, asked about what happened to the car and we just chatted for a few. At the end of the call, he asks who my favorite local dealer was and asked if I'd be interested in a Demon 170 if he could find an allocation. Well.....it showed up yesterday, so THANK YOU Jim.

I'm still in the "did this actually happen" stage. I've only told a few people as I didn't wanna jinx myself and thanks to those that kept it a secret.

I was honestly worried I wouldn't like the flares in the back, or how it drove. For what these cost I HAD to love it.

When it got delivered my tech buddy at the dealer texted me a pic of it coming off the trailer as he was getting it for PDI. I jumped in the 4Runner and went to see. When I saw it in the shop I got cold chills and about fell over. Pictures don't do them justice honestly. Driving home, Auto feels more like Sport that I remember in the Hellcat. Very good on the road and I swear it feels more refined than the Hellcat did. Maybe 7 year newer materials, etc. It's quieter just cruising for example, but when you let off the throttle is crackles and pops A LOT which made me laugh.

Had 8 miles on it when I picked it up, and shockingly clean. I told the dealer not to wash it I'd handle that myself. Detailed the interior last night and hope the weather cooperates so I can wash it tomorrow. Went through and carefully removed any labels and bar codes, cataloged them, and put them on a piece of paper I'll get laminated. Oddly, window sticker was NOT in the car so dealer ordered me a replacement.

I plan to drive it A LOT and hit hit the track opening weekend in March. Now to find a street tire/wheel setup. I'm thinking of the Discount Tire Hellcat Widebody 2 that come in 20x9 and 20x11.

Congrats Speedy! Well deserved!(y)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Congratulations. Way to go...

Beautiful...

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Thanks everybody, still can't really believe it if I'm honest. My favorite cars have all had stories and this one's a doosey.

I was in a real bad place after Go Man Go was found chopped up. I've never been that angry for that long in my life and just thankful for Mrs. Speedy, dogs, family, and friends that kept me from going over the deep end. The dogs could tell something was up and wouldn't leave my side.

This opportunity came up and helped give me something to focus on and look forward to and soften the blow a bit as it were. Having said that, I did love Go Man Go and as awesome as this 170 is, it has some big shoes to fill.

As for a name, I've been thinking about that. Maybe "FORT KNOX" after I'm done with security :ROFLMAO:

For options I did the premium group which is basically one stop shopping for all the amenities you'd expect for a street car with the heated/cooled leather seats, heated steering wheel, upgraded stereo with subwoofer, tech package, trunk liner, etc. I did the rear seat delete. Red seat belts.

I was torn on the graphics. Crew Chief Greg said to do the hood graphic which is all I'd want but I couldn't decide. I was assigned an SRT Concierge and she called to check on things and she said and I quote "the hood looks bad ass in black" so I added that, and glad I did.

She had heard what happened to Go Man Go and said she saw pictures. She asked me what VIN number I wanted, so I got to actually pick that which was awesome. They were already in the high 1900s so I picked 2023 since it's a 2023 car. I would have gotten 1320 otherwise :)

And yes, Tim K. was just a normal car guy on the phone with me. We talked about how these aren't "just cars" and that people like us got it. At first I asked if there was any chance of a Redeye 170, that's when he asked if I'd want a Demon 170. He was straight with me and said no guarantees and that if the strike happened all bets were off for everyone. I emailed him a pic of the car yesterday and told him thanks. He replied that he was glad it all worked out and to get RFHUB locked immediately, which was done during PDI.

#2023 eh. That's also a cool car # to get.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
No shit. This was great news to see today. I’m genuinely happy for you and I think this gives other people hope that good karma finds a way to the people that deserve it.
Who knows, maybe we will hear about the guys that took GMG and something horrible happened to them.

Keith Richards

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody - 2016 HC 6 -spd
Congrats on that Go Man Go! Reminds me of my Challenger a bit. I thought about trying to get a hold of Tim when you could first order. Had some of the Ram/Dodge brass there back in 2010 when they borrowed my car for a day.....I'm in the pic as well with my helmet.

1918298_125073900837987_337630_n.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Princeton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 super stock
A perfect turn of events. Can't wait until you send it, be safe Speedy!

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Having said that, I did love Go Man Go and as awesome as this 170 is, it has some big shoes to fill.
They say when an old dog passes, the best thing for the heartbreak is to get a new puppy.

Enjoy that puppy!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
What do you guys think??

One thing I'm not wild about is it comes with the MT ET R DR on it. I wish they'd sold them with a street setup and had an option to get the drag setup separately.

What this means is now I need to go spend money on new wheels and tires so I can drive it around. I have one pair of my original Hellcat Brass Monkey Slingshot wheels in 20x9.5 with the factory Pirelli all season on them. I assume these will fit up front but will have to test. If I could find some Widebody Slingshots in 20x11 in Brass Monkey I could get some 315/35R20 Nitto 555RII tires and give a little throw back to Go Man Go.

View attachment 128427

Or try to match the 170 factory wheels a little closer and get 20x9 front and 20x11 rear Hellcat 2 wheels from Discount Tire. Have the Pirellis I have unmounted/remounted and get the 315/35R20 555RII for the rear.

View attachment 128428
@Speedy!
Try these Continentals, they are my my new go to street tire over the 555R2 and NT05R. Gave me my best 60-130 time on the street (5.24) and wear very well and supposedly ok in the wet too. Be sure they are the Extreme Contact 02

IMG_4765.jpeg IMG_4963.png IMG_5982.jpeg IMG_5981.jpeg

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Please come to the rescue with a stock hp tuners read and ethanol sensor part number lol
Pretty, pretty, please, with a cherry on top :D

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Nice looking tire.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've been trying to find something that grips and is good in the rain for next time. I saved a picture.

GOMER

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingman
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
Reading this thread makes me happy and excited for Speedy !!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I've put those on every car I've owned and I've always been super happy with the wet & dry grip + ride comfort !!
Put a set on the wife's Q50 Redsport 400 last fall & even she (normally clueless about her car) commented on how much they improved the ride & handling.

I've been trying to find something that grips and is good in the rain for next time. I saved a picture.
Try the Conti's, you won't be disappointed !

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Late to the party.

1. Congrats!

2. 2nd on the alcohol sensor f%#kery. I'll pay for the teardown. IDGAF. I want full deets. They can't be doing anything too radical and if it's an easy retrofit I'd have one yesterday.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Holy Shit Dude...that's an amazing turn of events! A big congrats to you and for your prayers being answered.

Can't wait to see the new series of YT videos...some other YT guy got one and haven't bothered to watch any of them.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Was at the dealer the other day and this gem was in the showroom. It's a 1970 Toyota FJ40 with a LT1 Corvette V8 swap with a 4speed manual! I couldn't resist!
View attachment 128404 View attachment 128405

No, I'm kidding but I did really like the FJ. Some of you remember back when I posted about Go Man Go getting stolen, @Hatermkr asked if I wanted him to ping Tim K. to see if he could help me locate something. I said sure but figured he'd just say go check the HP locator. Well, like 10 minutes later I get Tim's email, he asked for my phone number, and 15 minutes later he called me. I about fell over. He remembered me from CDM I think, asked about what happened to the car and we just chatted for a few. At the end of the call, he asks who my favorite local dealer was and asked if I'd be interested in a Demon 170 if he could find an allocation. Well.....it showed up yesterday, so THANK YOU Jim.

I'm still in the "did this actually happen" stage. I've only told a few people as I didn't wanna jinx myself and thanks to those that kept it a secret.

I was honestly worried I wouldn't like the flares in the back, or how it drove. For what these cost I HAD to love it.

When it got delivered my tech buddy at the dealer texted me a pic of it coming off the trailer as he was getting it for PDI. I jumped in the 4Runner and went to see. When I saw it in the shop I got cold chills and about fell over. Pictures don't do them justice honestly. Driving home, Auto feels more like Sport that I remember in the Hellcat. Very good on the road and I swear it feels more refined than the Hellcat did. Maybe 7 year newer materials, etc. It's quieter just cruising for example, but when you let off the throttle is crackles and pops A LOT which made me laugh.

Had 8 miles on it when I picked it up, and shockingly clean. I told the dealer not to wash it I'd handle that myself. Detailed the interior last night and hope the weather cooperates so I can wash it tomorrow. Went through and carefully removed any labels and bar codes, cataloged them, and put them on a piece of paper I'll get laminated. Oddly, window sticker was NOT in the car so dealer ordered me a replacement.

I plan to drive it A LOT and hit hit the track opening weekend in March. Now to find a street tire/wheel setup. I'm thinking of the Discount Tire Hellcat Widebody 2 that come in 20x9 and 20x11.

Wow!!! Talk about the story behind the story!!
That is a very unique story for an awesome machine- keep it safe and enjoy! I hope to see more on this one (I know we will!)

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Great to hear Speedy! Good things come to good people. Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes.
This will be a new chapter in your supercharged life.