Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 passed me up.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Track elevation is 3075 at starting line in Vail. Barometric pressure is in the low 29s. Temperature is in the 90s. Humidity is high due to monsoons. DA is not static elevation. The DA in Tucson is 4000-8000 depending on the time of the year and the weather. We had a few Demons run at our track with the high-performance computer in their car. Drag Packs installed. Stock cars. Best they did were low 10s when Dodge and Leah P. driving for them got about a 9.7. DA does matter. Tucson downtown is about 2500 feet. I live near the Biosphere. Elevation there is 4000. Tucson is not flat.
Yeah I feel ya, ABQ goes from 4900 feet in the river valley to 6100 on the east side of town. My neighborhood is around 5600 feet. We don't quite get your peak heat as the elevation somewhat protects us from that, but the warm season DA is 7500-8500 feet all the time and can be worse on the bad days!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I spent many years at bandimere with junk da. Best way to pick up hp is move to lower elevation :)

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
There is zero way I’d own a late model GM anything. Incredibly finicky electronics just to start with. Constant glitches. Once you get beyond that, reliability is a serious issue. They have now become like BMW, dump it before the factory warranty is out. I would take the D170 over anything GM builds (especially Cadillac), and that’s nothing to do with performance and everything to do with reliability.
-sincerely, someone in the car business.