Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 review

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I know this all too well.
I just hope we can keep this Country together...literally....It seems to be falling apart at the seams. Personally, I think AVOIDING the topic (and remaining civil and respectful to other ppls views whatever they might be) is our only chance. Not sure humans (esp Americans) are capable of this though, especially long term. Guess we will find out during the next big stress test (2024 election cycle).

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Time for the silent majority to not be so silent and start calling out things that are common sense. 70%+ of people polled do not agree with current social challenges taking place but everyone wants to be polite and not say anything. So the vocal nut cases keep pushing their crazy agendas.

1000rrstunna

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
La grange
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Super stock 2023
This makes me just want it more

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I think we are a long ways from the end.
The 3rd gen Hemi in this iteration is over 10 years old now. Its time for a new V8.
2035 is the California (and others cut off) and Biden is trying to make it 2027 but I don't think that will be achieved.
GM new V8 and 9th generation Corvette. Camaro Six is done but they said it would be back.

Dodge said Hellcat/Hemi is dead. While the I6 is with 510hp is nice, they have a drag pak variant at mid 1000s HP. And I believe a 3rd gen Demon will come with that engine.

Ford claims/projects that sales of the F150 lighting will offset their entire portfolio cafe fleet mpg.
GM wants to be the EV leader and has lots of offerings on deck in the next couple of years to potentially pull it off.

So if the EV push gets these car manufacturers into the green light zone, what is stopping them from making a new V8. But not just a new V8 but twin turbos or super charged 600hp, 700hp, 800+ hp!!! These cars are gravy in the margin department. But they had to get really serious about making electrics work.
So we have a bit of a dark ages but I believe it will be brief.

I think we see more killer ICE cars before 2035. The HD trucks need engines too and the towing with EV is laughable right now.
2018: "We'll never build another Demon"
2021: "Durango Hellcat is one year only"
2023: "Last Call" you go make the call to our greedy dealer network, and bend over.

2024: Source inside Dodge says there is another ICE Halo car coming that will eclipse the D170. Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles on this one also

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
2023: "Last Call" you go make the call to our greedy dealer network, and bend over.

2024: Source inside Dodge says there is another ICE Halo car coming that will eclipse the D170. Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles on this one also
Examples are set
That the dealerships learn from

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black

Other than the fact that they lie to us every year… at least they release bad ass cars every time they break their promise.
I mean, imagine telling your wife that your ‘18 Demon was your last car, then they release the D170… just cause you bought one of those too doesn’t make you a liar, it makes you the best kind of car guy.

Back to page 1 commentary before this got all political, if Direct Connection was more like Ford Performance, they wouldn’t need a 800hp factory car, they’d need an 800hp capable motor in production that DC could sell blower kits for. Have the dealers install and maintain them, and you’re golden. Ford offers the FP700 package on every 5.0 F150 they sell… it’s a stage 2 Whipple under warranty. So, even though Ford sells the Raptor R, not everyone wants a Raptor, but a lot of guys want that same power in a “regular” truck. Those post-manufacture modifications don’t negatively impact CAFE either, right?

bennydodge

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hudson, Colorado
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Other than the fact that they lie to us every year… at least they release bad ass cars every time they break their promise.
I mean, imagine telling your wife that your ‘18 Demon was your last car, then they release the D170… just cause you bought one of those too doesn’t make you a liar, it makes you the best kind of car guy.

Back to page 1 commentary before this got all political, if Direct Connection was more like Ford Performance, they wouldn’t need a 800hp factory car, they’d need an 800hp capable motor in production that DC could sell blower kits for. Have the dealers install and maintain them, and you’re golden. Ford offers the FP700 package on every 5.0 F150 they sell… it’s a stage 2 Whipple under warranty. So, even though Ford sells the Raptor R, not everyone wants a Raptor, but a lot of guys want that same power in a “regular” truck. Those post-manufacture modifications don’t negatively impact CAFE either, right?
I prefer the way Dodge did it, ready to go from the factory. I don't want any dealership service department wrenching on my car if possible, especially a Dodge dealer. You may be right about the CAFE ratings.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I prefer the way Dodge did it, ready to go from the factory. I don't want any dealership service department wrenching on my car if possible, especially a Dodge dealer. You may be right about the CAFE ratings.
You have to actively seek out a tech and then the dealership that he works at.

bennydodge

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hudson, Colorado
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You have to actively seek out a tech and then the dealership that he works at.
You're referring to Ford dealerships?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

bennydodge

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hudson, Colorado
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I can tell you from personal experience there's no good Dodge dealer service department in the Denver area. Crooks and buffoons to be sure. And to stay on topic, that D170 is ready to go-if I had the money I would pay some markup to get one.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
"2024: Source inside Dodge says there is another ICE Halo car coming that will eclipse the D170. Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles on this one also"

Link?

Also...since Brampton is already shutdown for 18 months...i wonder where they would build such a best.

Maybe from the imagination plant! :p

Last edited:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
"2024: Source inside Dodge says there is another ICE Halo car coming that will eclipse the D170. Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles on this one also"

Link?

Also...since Brampton is already shutdown for 18 months...i wonder where they would build suckh a best.

Maybe from the imagination plant! :p
Brampton should be building Jeeps
I m a bit nervous for the Brampton plant in 2025

Windsor will be doing the Chargers

Nothing ICE will be out in 2024 or 25 that will compete with 170

Lots of testing on the I 6
So we will see what the future holds

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've also heard the rumor the next gen V8 is in development. Supposedly twin turbo but it's all back channel chat at this point, no links or anything backing it up.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Brampton should be building Jeeps
I m a bit nervous for the Brampton plant in 2025

Windsor will be doing the Chargers

Nothing ICE will be out in 2024 or 25 that will compete with 170

Lots of testing on the I 6
So we will see what the future holds
Supercharger V8 1000HP+ or not interested....sorry!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

I remember tellin my wife the 18 Demon was it for me...then the C8 was the ABSOLUTE last....now the 170 is the ULTIMATE last...really hon,,,this time I really really mean it:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I've also heard the rumor the next gen V8 is in development. Supposedly twin turbo but it's all back channel chat at this point, no links or anything backing it up.
Dodge could go with a smaller V8 Hybrid twin turbo
This may or may not suit some of the current / new Government emission regulations the Auto sector needs to meet ( FJT )
It would also supply massive amounts of torque
&
Could appease both the performance world & the heavy vehicle / towing package crowd

Emissions & fuel mileage seekers killed most Muscle cars 50 years ago
Governments are constantly trying to kill what little we have left

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm thinking a smaller more efficient V8 with the turbos making an easy 600hp and a couple electric motors up front at 100hp each in a tad smaller/lighter two door platform called the Cuda that weighs around 3800 lbs and be AWD would be pretty slick.

Let the two electric motors provide 50 or so miles of fully electric range to keep the CAFE standard up and avoid the GG tax for bonus points.

Dodge should hire me for their FVD program.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I'm thinking a smaller more efficient V8 with the turbos making an easy 600hp and a couple electric motors up front at 100hp each in a tad smaller/lighter two door platform called the Cuda that weighs around 3800 lbs and be AWD would be pretty slick.

Let the two electric motors provide 50 or so miles of fully electric range to keep the CAFE standard up and avoid the GG tax for bonus points.

Dodge should hire me for their FVD program.
Keep your post for the near future Speedy

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
They have been working on stuff.

The Hurricane engine was talked about for a while before it actually made its way into the Wagoneer and now the Ram 1500s.

It takes awhile but I'm sure there is a new gen Hemi being worked on.