Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 VONS and VINS now coming out...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Remember at the beginning when dodge said most orders were coming in at msrp, here you go.
The motor company is worse than a gang of politicians @ election time

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I think there is some confusion going on

The window sticker prices are all higher across the board then they were 5 months ago
My understanding is if the person that ordered the car takes delivery the price is what it was 5 months ago

If the car was ordered by the dealer & you want to buy it you will be paying the new sticker price
Or
If the car gets transferred by a flipper the original price is void

As far as the dealers changing there minds on admin prices
I m sure dealers that have little to no reoccurring sales with someone would not feel they need to hold any pricing

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I agree, I think that was a pretty significant risk calling dealers all over the country. Better to work something out with one you have a relationship with like others have mentioned. Not sure what recourse a person has if the dealer gets the car and changes their mind on price. I'm no attorney but I think you have to show "damages" or some sort for a legal case, perhaps breach of contract or something would come in to play. Where's Magnified, he could tell us.

What's sad is these seemed to have brought out the worst in a lot of people, from dealer to consumer. Lots of flippers posting ads already. Wonder if interest rates and banks backing out of ADM financing is a factor.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
so ppl who DID pay some level of adm could be in better position than the few who were told they had the car at msrp?

Do we have any lawyers in the house? What’s the legal recourse (if any) for this guy (and others) who signed a deal for msrp but may not longer get that deal?

Crazy times at Ridgemont High…
https://law.justia.com/cases/illinois/court-of-appeals-second-appellate-district/2003/2020362.html

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I sure hope not...not in to exotics..so with stelantis commiting murder....it should be easy
They'll wake up or die.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
What is the Executive Summary of this?
People tell me I shoulda been a lawyer, I actually read the thing lol.

Summary:

Some self entitled guy wanted to be the first to get a Plymouth Prowler and offered to pay $5,000 over sticker to be that person at the dealer. Agreement is drawn up and signed by both parties.

Another customer comes a long and offers more money.

Dealer tells original purchaser they aren't getting a Prowler.

Original purchaser checks with Chrysler and learns dealer is getting a Prowler. Customer calls out dealer with the info, dealer tell original purchaser they do not want to do business with him.

Original purchaser buys a Prowler somewhere else for $30K over sticker.

Sues dealer for breach of contract, and is awarded the difference in what the original agreement was ($5K over) and what he paid $30K over. Dealer paid original purchaser $30K in damages.

All that over an ugly car not worth anything today.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Summary:

Some self entitled guy wanted to be the first to get a Plymouth Prowler and offered to pay $5,000 over sticker to be that person at the dealer. Agreement is drawn up and signed by both parties.

Original purchaser checks with Chrysler and learns dealer is getting a Prowler. Customer calls out dealer with the info, dealer tell original purchaser they do not want to do business with him.

Sues dealer for breach of contract, and is awarded the difference in what the original agreement was ($5K over) and what he paid $30K over. Dealer paid original purchaser $30K in damages.

I can see this being used by a few people in the near future.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Summary:

But how many times have we heard stories like this from other "hot" cars?

And how many times do people get on here and say the dealer will win these cases? There is precedent if there is a contract in place. And it doesn't take much to form that contract either.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
But how many times have we heard stories like this from other "hot" cars?

And how many times do people get on here and say the dealer will win these cases? There is precedent if there is a contract in place. And it doesn't take much to form that contract either.
I don't dispute that at all. Sad it comes to that though over something only a few even care (or know) about.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
What would be interesting if someone signed the notarized MSRP form, dealer reneged on the deal, and customer buys a Demon from another dealer at a 100k markup. Could the customer sue the original dealer for damages, since he had a signed MSRP deal and dealer changed the terms of the deal?

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #373
What would be interesting if someone signed the notarized MSRP form, dealer reneged on the deal, and customer buys a Demon from another dealer at a 100k markup. Could the customer sue the original dealer for damages, since he had a signed MSRP deal and dealer changed the terms of the deal?
Based on the summary we just read, the clear legal precedent answer is “yes”.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Simply put....ya got a much better chance when dealing with a dealer you have a long standing relationship with...than a dealer you don't know a couple of hundred miles away or more that's got no idea who you are....it's a simple matter of integrity nothin to do with luck
Well yeah no duh, but in reality most of us do not have a dealer we have a long-standing relationship with, and even if we have a dealer we have a relationship with(of some time...) this car was one where they saw the $$$ and in the case of my local dealer had tons of calls in from out of state and had no problem getting 5 people lined up to may their $35k ADM - which seems crazy reasonable now lol but I was told I was #6 on their list(something they probably told everyone that didn't get one). Owner's son who got one has already offered it up for sale on Demon 170 facebook group too.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well yeah no duh, but in reality most of us do not have a dealer we have a long-standing relationship with, and even if we have a dealer we have a relationship with(of some time...) this car was one where they saw the $$$ and in the case of my local dealer had tons of calls in from out of state and had no problem getting 5 people lined up to may their $35k ADM - which seems crazy reasonable now lol but I was told I was #6 on their list(something they probably told everyone that didn't get one). Owner's son who got one has already offered it up for sale on Demon 170 facebook group too.
Well I would guess that would be the case with most dealers...and given the unique nature of this car is understandable...after all just look at all those that may have scored an MSRP deal...that are intent on flippin it for 25/35/or more...they're no better than the dealers looking for huge ADM's....it is what it is I guess

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #376
Bingo. You get reality vs fantasy. Some live in la la land. Don’t even get it when it’s clear they walked into dumb luck. (Assuming the story is even true.) I made those 100 plus calls in October 2022 and found a foolish dealer who agreed to 5k adm….in writing. I’m getting that car in 2-3 weeks now that it’s KZ.

Boy I guess I’m a stupid bottom feeder! 🤣

Sometimes this place cracks me up. Glad to see that some still understand how the world works for 99% of us. Great post.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
IMO, until the car is in your possession it is not a done deal. I have one ordered and have no idea if it will actually happen because of all the nonsense plus it appears that this is not the last call, the hemi will live in (based on ButterDaGreat videos).

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #378
IMO, until the car is in your possession it is not a done deal. I have one ordered and have no idea if it will actually happen because of all the nonsense plus it appears that this is not the last call, the hemi will live in (based on ButterDaGreat videos).
Fair point on keys in hand. Let’s hope the shenanigans are kept to s minimum for most of us.

As for a hemi living on. Sure the v8 is not dead yet.

However, getting a new 800+hp supercharged v8 monster in a production car starting in 24? Yeah that’s not happening. Likely never again imo. So to me the real hemi option will be dead in about 2 months time.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
With a sunroof

60 over is the best I ve seen for a while

1698855739938.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Where've you been man?