Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 VONS and VINS now coming out...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Doug,

How did you obtain the ship date, from the dealer? I also have a VIN but not color (color was not an option) match 170 coming.
Tes you need to get your Dealer to do the print out, if your in D1 it should show the est. ship date

Jroc

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Just so I'm not spreading misinformation I wanted to update my previous post. Apparently, the guy that told me the 170 coming to my dealer was scheduled to be built this week can't read. The car is scheduled to ship August 9th, for some reason he thought July was the 8th month.

My bad for not checking Dealerconnect myself for the ship date before my previous post.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 4.28.10 PM.png

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Bump where they at tho

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Guess there's no limit as to how much extra some guys will spend for one of these..:rolleyes:
Crazy for sure

I m reading different stories

I just read they picked random VIN s & gave these people the option to choose any color

I m pretty sure these cars would need to be painted someplace other then Brampton

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Crazy for sure

I just read they picked random VIN s & gave these people the option to choose any color

I m pretty sure these cars would need to be painted someplace other then Brampton

Yes, let's go to great pains on weight reduction on the 170, then add it all back by repainting and re-clear-coating an already painted car. for 30K.:unsure: might as well throw in the sunroof too for another 10K while we're at it.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Yes, let's go to great pains on weight reduction on the 170, then add it all back by repainting and re-clear-coating an already painted car. for 30K.:unsure: might as well throw in the sunroof too for another 10K while we're at it.
Toss in the Carbon wheels not available for 20K if your a Canuckian

The plant doesn t do the greatest job with the paint
But
I think I d stick with factory paint

They did a sweet job on the factory Demon paint at the upfitters

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Memories

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I'm amazed at that video only having 105K views...
The crazy bastard

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Maybe it has been discussed here prior but only about 500 or 600 Demon170s (the number is speculation on my part) will have the carbon fiber wheels as they became unavailable when 2nd day the order banks opened (maybe near the end of the 1st day). The Demon170 order could not entered if the CF wheels ordered and there is no mechanism to order them separately. I was lucky enough to order them and have Dodge confirm the order.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Maybe it has been discussed here prior but only about 500 or 600 Demon170s (the number is speculation on my part) will have the carbon fiber wheels as they became unavailable when 2nd day the order banks opened (maybe near the end of the 1st day). The Demon170 order could not entered if the CF wheels ordered and there is no mechanism to order them separately. I was lucky enough to order them and have Dodge confirm the order.
I d have to stop drinking beer for a few years to pay for wheels

Lets see
Beer wheels
Beer wheels
Beer wheels

[cheers]

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Just so I'm not spreading misinformation I wanted to update my previous post. Apparently, the guy that told me the 170 coming to my dealer was scheduled to be built this week can't read. The car is scheduled to ship August 9th, for some reason he thought July was the 8th month.

My bad for not checking Dealerconnect myself for the ship date before my previous post.

View attachment 109567
Demon 170 s are shipping out I hear

I m curious to see the info Ron ( DRAGRCR ) puts out once he gets his
The original Demon had a 500 mile rule for the super tune
I don t think 170 has that

The 8 second challenge is coming

Wild !!!

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
Hey Cole, long time no see bud.
Since you got your order through with the carbon wheels you may not have experienced it, but what you said is correct, they had to order it without. Then they could enter a waitlist by emailing srtdemon170@dodgegarage.com.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Crazy for sure

"I just read they picked random VIN s & gave these people the option to choose any color" Not true, Not true.

"I m pretty sure these cars would need to be painted someplace other then Brampton" True, Penske, show quality paint job using the factory baked Pitch Black as a base.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
"I just read they picked random VIN s & gave these people the option to choose any color" Not true, Not true.

"I m pretty sure these cars would need to be painted someplace other then Brampton" True, Penske, show quality paint job using the factory baked Pitch Black as a base.
While $30k seems like another outrageous option….. a “show quality” repaint is actually expensive. Maybe not quite $30k expensive, but in this case, I think it would be worth it. A documented one of one color with one of these special cars is going to puts its desirability thru the roof.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Hey Cole, long time no see bud.
Since you got your order through with the carbon wheels you may not have experienced it, but what you said is correct, they had to order it without. Then they could enter a waitlist by emailing srtdemon170@dodgegarage.com.
Jack it has been awhile, I have been laying low trying to get two race cars to the track and learned many lessons like don't build a drag pak motor (very few interchangeable parts). Thanks for the information. Tim K. said that Dodge was losing money on the CK wheels.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm amazed at that video only having 105K views...
Whatever happened to that guy...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
30K for paint.:rolleyes:..Picasso is rollin over in his grave...