Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon Crate Filter.

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
(see my updated/corrected post #6 dated 4/11/23)

I recently compared both the standard Red Eye filter with the Demon Airgrabber filter and honestly I can't see any difference, the filter media composition appears identical, it has the same thickens and the light shows through equally the same.

Yes, the inverted bell mouth inlet is very impressive looking and has a small elongated slot inside the bell mouth which I assumed was to allow additional airflow, BUT, it looks like the slot is blocked ? The filter was still factory sealed in plastic so I couldn't see down inside very well.

So IF ??? the filter media is identical and IF ??? that slot is blocked off, then how does it flow better than the standard street version which is fully capped at the small end ?

What am I not seeing ?

Thank you !

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I agree. I ran a Demon filter most of last season in it. I really could not tell a difference in performance and also compared it and it looks identical or close IMO. Removed it Sunday because it is full of bugs, that thing needs cleaned BAD. The car must suck a lot of air! The much more clean Redeye filter looks great to me to start and keep in its position this season, at least until it fills itself with bugs also!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I ran the Demon crate filter on my redeye and see no improvement whatsoever!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I would have to disagree.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
The layers of material are reduced in the crate filter. I have a new in the box for sale crate filter if anyone is interested. Just PM me

OP
Rollieman

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #6
I stand to be corrected with my original post;
Check out the difference in the LED light showing through the standard filter vs. the Demon Airgrabber filter, (exact same light held the exact distance away).
I would assume light and airflow would react similarly to any restriction.
Still not sure what the benefit of the inverted bell mouth is for, other than guessing it may smooth out the airflow by reducing turbulence?

Attachments

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
At the track I’ve run both the stock Super Stock and the Demon crate filter with no gains at all . FYI

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
You are what you eat, so dinner tonight?? A bit of wazabi and ginger. It want taste like chicken. Youz beez smarter than a 3rd grater by shine time. Call K & N and ask. They luv to bee challenged.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I got my Demon spare out, I’ll put it in for the upcoming exercise in a few weeks just to make sure I take advantage of everything. It looks clean, I even vacuumed the few bugs out of it this morning. Can’t imagine it makes much difference especially for road course work, but it is clean and conversation worthy.:p

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I would have to disagree.
Everyone is ok to agree or disagree with me but I have many time slips that say it’s no gain including the Demon hood. That’s on my car that is slow as can be but that’s what’s fun, but I like the looks of the Demon hood.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I got my Demon spare out, I’ll put it in for the upcoming exercise in a few weeks just to make sure I take advantage of everything. It looks clean, I even vacuumed the few bugs out of it this morning. Can’t imagine it makes much difference especially for road course work, but it is clean and conversation worthy.:p
I don’t know if a sock reduces the flow but do they make a sock to go over the filter? It would keep the bugs and sand out of it. image.jpg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don’t know if a sock reduces the flow but do they make a sock to go over the filter? It would keep the bugs and sand out of it. View attachment 103347
I like it, thanks. It probably has big holes so it works.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
A condum for your male intake instead of your out take,,ha,ha. Buttster yes they do. Call the manufactererrrrr and they wood be moe than happy to sell ya one. I have 2 fer my K & N. Made for but not limided to massive down pours, car washings, and soakings. Sox work if you don't look. I had flooded 1 out in my Z28 with too much water. Not good, at all.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The bells have shown to make more power in some cases. My thought always is go to the track and test them like @jgilj did. I ran the green, stock and no filter at all in my stock airbox and saw no difference in them at the track. I still know people at the track that swear no filter runs the best for them. Not sure how they tested that or their filter could be really dirty

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I have a friend with a modded redeye. I had him make 3 passes and then we changed the air filter from his stock one to the Demon one. Car picked un .01 and a little MPH even though the DA was moving up. If you don't think it helps that is fine. I am running it.......