Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon harness bar

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I haven t seen anything on the panel removal
I ll keep looking
perhaps this will help:

searched for "challenger rear seat delete kit..."

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
perhaps this will help:

searched for "challenger rear seat delete kit..."
Thank you Stormtrooper

How the hell do you organize your tools so neat Speedy
Those air lines must be installed with a level

I thought I had OCD

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thank you Stormtrooper

How the hell do you organize your tools so neat Speedy
Those air lines must be installed with a level

I thought I had OCD
just watch...I guarantee when your done...if you ever had to do another one...an hour at best...one video I watched suggested a hammer in the tool requirements....cant figure that one out...if your beatin on anything with a hammer...you did something wrong

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
just watch...I guarantee when your done...if you ever had to do another one...an hour at best...one video I watched suggested a hammer in the tool requirements....cant figure that one out...if your beatin on anything with a hammer...you did something wrong
I was cleaning my dads 68 Camaro ( RIP dad ) last nite
He changed the carpet out before he passed & never finished it correctly
Upon cleaning & reviewing I find a broken kick panel
He must have pulled it to hard trying to pry it off & broke it

I think to myself
Well thats effin ironic !!!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I definitely feel more secure in the harness

cinched tight to the seat.

You feel like you're a part of the car. (No Joke)

I wear the oem lap belts to stay NHRA legal

Down to 10.00. This way I don't need to

replace the harnesses every 2 years also.

During a test pass I've had to stop

DAMN FAST after the stripe from 135 mph.

I was paired up in the staging lanes

With an 8.00 second car.

Luckily I was two seconds behind him

As his throttle stuck in the shut-down area at

169 mph.

He panic stopped. Which blew both front

skinnys.

That then sent him from the right lane to the

Left lane wall just in front of me.

I had just enough time to stop the Demon.

(Awesome brakes thanks Dodge!)

After my initial slowdown I was kneeding on

the brakes. So I... did not lock them up.

When I was near the last 5 mph.

I was laying on them hard. You could feel

The rear suspension rise and the front end

dive down. I was still pinned to

the seat and the harness made me feel

secure.

I was confident I could get stopped

before I got tangled in his mess.
1573752217252.jpg

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thought I might get lucky in here so away we go.
I have the Demon rear seat delete kit part number. Can anyone tell me or have a connection where I can buy one? I’ve sean some post that some have the kit on their HC. Gotta be someone that knows.
Harness bar in the future so that’s why I need the Demon one. Thx

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I have the Demon rear seat delete kit part number. Can anyone tell me or have a connection where I can buy one? I’ve sean some post that some have the kit on their HC. Gotta be someone that knows.
The parts are all the same except for the bottom panel has that cut out for the harenss bar. I'm told that it's marked on the back for the location. I couldn't verify that for myself because after many months of waiting, and many times my ship date getting pushed back (too many of the "in two weeks" lie), I gave up and cancelled my order. During my search I was able to find the Mopar parts list and it shows the only parts that are different.
If you're going to put in the harness bar, you could get the regular one and just make the hole yourself. Of course.....you have to be able to get the kit to do it. I waited over 5 months before I gave up.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
The parts are all the same except for the bottom panel has that cut out for the harenss bar. I'm told that it's marked on the back for the location. I couldn't verify that for myself because after many months of waiting, and many times my ship date getting pushed back (too many of the "in two weeks" lie), I gave up and cancelled my order. During my search I was able to find the Mopar parts list and it shows the only parts that are different.
If you're going to put in the harness bar, you could get the regular one and just make the hole yourself. Of course.....you have to be able to get the kit to do it. I waited over 5 months before I gave up.
We’re you waiting on a demon set up or just the regular dodge seat delete?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
We’re you waiting on a demon set up or just the regular dodge seat delete?
I couldn't order the Demon setup.....I tried. I have a friend that works at a Dodge dealership and even he couldn't hlep me. Dodge seems to have tight control on those parts. So I ordered the regular one. I was gonna try to order it by individual pieces to see if it was cheaper or easier to get, but it wasn't. I found the parts list during a Google search for the kit install instructions, and it had all the part numbers. That's when I saw that only the lower panel and the plasitc plug that fills the hole in it are the only two different pieces.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Just be aware if you are contemplating the Speedlogix Demon harness bar, that it is NOT CERTIFIED as a protective device. You will not pass tech inspection if you're required to have a bar or cage. Also, there is substantial speculation raising questions over the legitimacy of their development of this piece. Also, read the thread on the RedEye front strut brace; be sure you're willing to gamble a substantial sum of money on a part more complicated than the brace, which some have posted needing to use zip ties or dremmel parts to make fit.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
. You can buy the Harness Bar from AAD. They are the original designer of that bar that Speedlogix stole and marketed as their own. It’s on sale at AAD right now for $629. This is the same AAD that makes the control arms and Tommy is a distributor. Look for the factory delete at Steve White. You don’t need the demon one. The Hellcat version will work fine with the bar.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Never been to that bar.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just be aware if you are contemplating the Speedlogix Demon harness bar, that it is NOT CERTIFIED as a protective device. You will not pass tech inspection if you're required to have a bar or cage. Also, there is substantial speculation raising questions over the legitimacy of their development of this piece. Also, read the thread on the RedEye front strut brace; be sure you're willing to gamble a substantial sum of money on a part more complicated than the brace, which some have posted needing to use zip ties or dremmel parts to make fit.
The Speedlogix Demon bar's fit and finish is first rate...and expensive..doubt you'd want it in a non Demon...aside from the added expense..it takes forever to get one from speedlogix..Customer service is not their strong suit..PaVaSteeler is correct..their are better more cost effective options

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
I’ve heard to many bad stories about them. Lol they claim that they have a few Demon rear seat delete instock and go for over 800$ then the shipping 🙄 comes out to just about 1K$! That is a joke.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
. You can buy the Harness Bar from AAD. They are the original designer of that bar that Speedlogix stole and marketed as their own. It’s on sale at AAD right now for $629. This is the same AAD that makes the control arms and Tommy is a distributor. Look for the factory delete at Steve White. You don’t need the demon one. The Hellcat version will work fine with the bar.
Cool thanks Marc! I’ve seen the ADD one before and it’s a really nice set up.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I’ve heard to many bad stories about them. Lol they claim that they have a few Demon rear seat delete instock and go for over 800$ then the shipping 🙄 comes out to just about 1K$! That is a joke.
I have the same opinion and experience with them on OEM seat delete kit (Non-Demon) .Shipping killed the deal. I found out if you ordered it through a local dealer an pick it up yourself, you only pay tax and NO shipping.:D. I fortunately ordered mine right before unavailability and it came in, in @ a week and a half. Now I hear even the non-Demons are a huge indeterminant wait, 6mo's or longer and no def answers on availability.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I have the same opinion and experience with them on OEM seat delete kit (Non-Demon) .Shipping killed the deal. I found out if you ordered it through a local dealer an pick it up yourself, you only pay tax and NO shipping.:D. I fortunately ordered mine right before unavailability and it came in, in @ a week and a half. Now I hear even the non-Demons are a huge indeterminant wait, 6mo's or longer and no def answers on availability.
Yep, I ordered mine right after @PaVaSteeler got his delivered. My parts guy said two weeks to get one, and it even had a ship date, so I ordered it. Every time it was supposed to ship, it got pushed back another few weeks. This went on for at least 5 months. I finally gave up and cancelled the order. Supposedly they only had one supplier making them. I'm guessing demand was too much for them to handle in quick fashion. They should be able to increase their order on subsequent orders, since they're only molded plastic parts......make some more. Either way, I took my money back and spent it on something else. And no @1971demon it wasn't strippers...although....that would've been a much more fun investment :p

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yep, I ordered mine right after @PaVaSteeler got his delivered. My parts guy said two weeks to get one, and it even had a ship date, so I ordered it. Every time it was supposed to ship, it got pushed back another few weeks. This went on for at least 5 months. I finally gave up and cancelled the order. Supposedly they only had one supplier making them. I'm guessing demand was too much for them to handle in quick fashion. They should be able to increase their order on subsequent orders, since they're only molded plastic parts......make some more. Either way, I took my money back and spent it on something else. And no @1971demon it wasn't strippers...although....that would've been a much more fun investment :p
Actually, to me it seems like it's an ultra thin cardboard like composite held together infused with epoxy and covered with felt. I wish it was an ultra thin plastic ABS and covered in felt or just a grain print like the dash. That stuff is indestructible. When I went to removed mine from my SRT8 it was pretty secured in place (ESPECIALLY the bottom) and made some unpleasant noises while removing. Very firmly, but very carefully I might add. The bottom has FULL size wedge pieces epoxied to it, that push into holes where the original seat gets secured. WAY overkill for this lightweight panel. I had plastic pry bars and wedged my wrist/hand firmly, but again gently under the bottom panel and with ALOT of effort (and removed skin and cuts from the panel edges really digging in) got it to 'POP'. I'm gonna trim and thin those wedges before I reinstall it on the RE. @Speedy had the same issue but I don't know to what extent. It is expensive but does make a neat clean appearance when installed.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Actually, to me it seems like it's an ultra thin cardboard like composite held together infused with epoxy and covered with felt. I wish it was an ultra thin plastic ABS and covered in felt or just a grain print like the dash. That stuff is indestructible. When I went to removed mine from my SRT8 it was pretty secured in place (ESPECIALLY the bottom) and made some unpleasant noises while removing. Very firmly, but very carefully I might add. The bottom has FULL size wedge pieces epoxied to it, that push into holes where the original seat gets secured. WAY overkill for this lightweight panel. I had plastic pry bars and wedged my wrist/hand firmly, but again gently under the bottom panel and with ALOT of effort (and removed skin and cuts from the panel edges really digging in) got it to 'POP'. I'm gonna trim and thin those wedges before I reinstall it on the RE. @Speedy had the same issue but I don't know to what extent. It is expensive but does make a neat clean appearance when installed.
Yeah.... @Speedy! and his videos......THAT'S the guy who planted several ideas in my head :D

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My Demon was ordered with the rear seat delete...to install the harness bar..you need to remove it....was quite the pain in the ass to remove it...