Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Charger And Challenger Production Coming To America?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Oh, great. We could get the same fantastic build quality as with Ram 1500s, Jeeps, etc.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
There's a lot at stake here, not just the assembly plant but all the just-in-time parts suppliers clustered around there. And that is HUGE.

Probably more like posturing on Stellantis part by staying quiet but in the end, the province, unions, along with that 1.28 dollar will likely help to keep it where it is.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Makes no sense to move it now with only 2 years of production left to go.

Makes more sense they'd make the move for MY '24 and start building whatever the replacements are elsewhere rather than retool Brampton.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I have worked on alot of new and older auto plants and these things just don't pop up out of the ground. It has alot to do with the infrastructures and acess in out and to the nearest free way. These plants can be as large as a small town and that is what they are. Electric, water, air port, hotels. Places for the workers to stay and sleep then the union situation. Is there one close or have to transport these people in. All of this planing to move for a 2 year plant?? Makes no sence at all. To find the qualified tradesmen, even if it is a union job. Are the workers qualified?? I was working for a contractor out of Cleveland, not Tenn, and I could not get enough help from the local. Had to call in travelers to fill in. Then you don't know what you are getting. The foremans from the locals have no control overr the travelers. Alot to get into for 2 years. Canada must have really pissed off the wrong person to spend that $$ on the move.