Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Hellcat V8s to die in 2023 due to government fines

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
And we thought the used market was high on them now

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
3rd thread:cool:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Hatable bunch of douche bags running this country.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
What's next,, drag a drop cord to the sun. Let's ask Lamar from Nashville. Ass.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
"I will have this car, this platform, this powertrain as we know it through the end of '23. There's two more years to buy a Hellcat, then it's history," Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis told Motor Authority.

Two model years, but I'd be very leary of the MY23 actually being readily available...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
I just warps my mind that there are so many idiots out there that actually believe electric cars are better for the environment in a whole. My girlfriend wants a 1320 I guess we better get it ordered!!

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
This is all happening because millions of people were brainwashed that they are causing the Earth's climate to change. Add to this, the narcissistic epidemic in this country and it's a recipe for destruction. How can so many people actually think that they are that important and that powerful and that great that they can actually change the climate of a planet? Furthermore, they are so full of themselves that they think they can actually reverse the "damage" by burning less fossil fuel and going all electric. Sick, Sick, Sick people. So who suffers for this warped thought process? We do. BUT......we had a pretty good run. 8 years of having the option to buy a powerful modern day muscle car from Dodge isn't too bad. Enjoy your muscle car boys and girls. Be thankful you have what you have.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am stupid #1, @2, I don't get it #3 still thinking about #1. When a company, cooperation, or person descides to replace a major appliance. Like 3/4 of the worlds energy grid. Just how do you do this? Can't retrofit 1929 fossel fuel coal burning plants, can't build nuke plants, govt want frakking exspand, no new pipe lines. Every natural earths produced products are closing the doors. If possible, is there enough land to spin mills and goober panels. Having been in this business for way too long to get pissed. 50 years ago I had an afeeliation with the Dow Chemicial Company on the 1st solar powered plant. Bow , has that come, but we built this in Dalton, Ga. After a many of studies from the space statins and other utilies. These know it alls, could be, found the intences long lasting sun support came from god awful place in NJ. Take that info, look at the amount of copper produced for wirings, controls for valving, variable speed drives, VFDs, motors, man power. The amount of years of transformation,,,,,,, we wood not be reading this in the dark.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This is all happening because millions of people were brainwashed that they are causing the Earth's climate to change. Add to this, the narcissistic epidemic in this country and it's a recipe for destruction. How can so many people actually think that they are that important and that powerful and that great that they can actually change the climate of a planet? Furthermore, they are so full of themselves that they think they can actually reverse the "damage" by burning less fossil fuel and going all electric. Sick, Sick, Sick people. So who suffers for this warped thought process? We do. BUT......we had a pretty good run. 8 years of having the option to buy a powerful modern day muscle car from Dodge isn't too bad. Enjoy your muscle car boys and girls. Be thankful you have what you have.
*8 years is a long run...filled with excitement and very cool offerings..some of the coolest mopars ever to hit the streets or the strip..and could be enjoyed by the masses...hate to see it end..I always intended to keep my cats till my driving days were over..this just seals the deal.and when I'm done..my son can figure out what to do with them...:LOL:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Hatable bunch of douche bags running this country.
Nah, we had a good run, we knew it couldn't last forever. The 1st muscle car era died even faster and lasted 1/2 as long. Nobody saw this coming either. It was an automotive gift! We had/will have before it's over ~20 yrs for this final ICE muscle car boom (2005 Ford GT - 2024 ZR1). It's been an incredible run. Buy up what you can, while you can!

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
*8 years is a long run...filled with excitement and very cool offerings..some of the coolest mopars ever to hit the streets or the strip..and could be enjoyed by the masses...hate to see it end..I always intended to keep my cats till my driving days were over..this just seals the deal.and when I'm done..my son can figure out what to do with them...:LOL:
Well said. I just posted something very similar. Hella run we have been on...Nothing lasts forever.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Nah, we had a good run, we knew it couldn't last forever. The 1st muscle car era died even faster and lasted 1/2 as long. Nobody saw this coming either. It was an automotive gift! We had/will have before it's over ~20 yrs for this final ICE muscle car boom (2005 Ford GT - 2024 ZR1). It's been an incredible run. Buy up what you can, while you can!
Yup...I was on the fence the last couple of years...pinging back and forth between a Scat or a Hellcat..and me being cheap didn't help. But once Tim K said the days of supercharged V8's are numbered (I believe back in February), I immediately decided to get a HC ASAP. It was actually perfect timing for me and got a hell of deal all things considered (and exactly the color and M6 I wanted to boot).

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well said. I just posted something very similar. Hella run we have been on...Nothing lasts forever.
It is my belief...that my taxes will last forever...:mad:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
I honestly believe this is market strategy at its best and it's working. Dodge isn't done with the hellcat yet imo. And I honestly believe there will be a higher hp version coming.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
The sickness with these cars is real. Crappy weather here in Washington so I just went down in the garage and fired up the superstock just to here it and warm it up. Ridiculous, I've never done this with any car ever! They are that special and there is nothing like them on the market. The fact that I sold my 2020 gt500 carbon fiber track pack to get another hellcat speaks volumes. I laugh at the reviews that try and find things they don't like. Guess what you fucking idiots until you've owned a hellcat you have zero business commenting on how this or that is better or worse lol.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Electric is coming, yeah?? Where are the charging stations?? Maybe the government will get smart eventually and pay oil companies to build superchargering stations? I mean we all know it’s going to cost 40-50 dollars for a full charge they’ll have to get there money somewhere once gas stations are on the outs.. it’ll all be kind of complicated though since range is going up and people can charge at their house.. electric is kind of like on demand movies you can screw the theatre a bit just watching the movie at your place. It’ll be interesting to see how it’s phased in and plays out..

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
The sickness with these cars is real. Crappy weather here in Washington so I just went down in the garage and fired up the superstock just to hear it and warm it up. Ridiculous, I've never done this with any car ever! They are that special and there is nothing like them on the market. The fact that I sold my 2020 gt500 carbon fiber track pack to get another hellcat speaks volumes. I laugh at the reviews that try and find things they don't like. Guess what you fucking idiots until you've owned a hellcat you have zero business commenting on how this or that is better or worse lol.
I hear ya! I feel the same way. The only difference is that here in Colorado, we have better weather. 65F tomorrow with sunny skies. Getting the Demon out for some exercise for sure!

PS As for more and better to come. I get it...but you are "ostriching"! :p. The end of the SC V8 is nigh, my friend... Don't despair though, enjoy what you have and buy more if you can!

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I honestly believe this is market strategy at its best and it's working. Dodge isn't done with the hellcat yet imo. And I honestly believe there will be a higher hp version coming.
You might be right, I mean Chevy is just getting started with the c8 Z06s in 2023 and has a ZR1 on the way soon after.. IS Chevy somehow immune to these regulations and fines? I guess a 5.5 liter motor is okay but 6.2 SC is badddd? Someone explain for how Chevy will release a 850hp motor ZR1 with all these Supposedly Defeating and crippling regulations? Will they be building Z06s and ZR1s in 2026? 2028? Where is the definitive end of the line per say? Best guesstimates? Will a Republican in the White House in 2024 possibly mean the gas cars will have a “GO” or green light for another 4 years??

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
You might be right, I mean Chevy is just getting started with the c8 Z06s in 2023 and has a ZR1 on the way soon after.. IS Chevy somehow immune to these regulations and fines? I guess a 5.5 liter motor is okay but 6.2 SC is badddd? Someone explain for how Chevy will release a 850hp motor ZR1 with all these Supposedly Defeating and crippling regulations? Will they be building Z06s and ZR1s in 2026? 2028? Where is the definitive end of the line per say? Best guesstimates? Will a Republican in the White House in 2024 possibly mean the gas cars will have a “GO” or green light for another 4 years??
The Z06 could very well be the LAST GM -all- ICE motor though...So maybe the ZR1 is hybrid assist? E-Zora is supposedly EV. So just like Dodge big HP is here to stay..its the big ALL ICE HP that's going away...for Chevy too eventually. The Mopar swan song is sooner since the Challenger platform is like 5,000 yrs old and was being phased out anyway. And don't forget the (Euro) Stelantis takeover effect. Chevy probably has 3-4 more years of all ICE "left in the tank". Plus, don't forget that their flat plane Z06 is -not- boosted.