Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge's Dilemma: How To Sell An EV To Buyers Who Don't Want Them

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Data from Strategic Vision shows that current Dodge Charger and Challenger owners are substantially more likely to reject EVs than the average car buyer. Its latest survey of some 350,000 car owners suggests that 16% of U.S. drivers intend for their next car purchase to be electric. For Challenger owners, it’s just 5%. Among Charger owners, it’s a paltry 4%.

https://insideevs.com/features/7115...2-EUKpoo68tdE9i5dxaqyNpsuOa9RndnPHasXeavpHnHg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I found a 170 for $127 yesterday. Is this a good deal? They also have 20 hornets in the lot, from 40-60k lol

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, it’s clear they’re being told what to do by their European counter parts. TK keeps saying “we were told we can’t make hemis anymore”. Let’s see the evidence. That’s not stopping ford

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Americans want big SUVs. A Kei car isn’t going to cut it

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Yeah, it’s clear they’re being told what to do by their European counter parts. TK keeps saying “we were told we can’t make hemis anymore”. Let’s see the evidence. That’s not stopping ford
Ford has credits where dodge doesnt

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Data from Strategic Vision shows that current Dodge Charger and Challenger owners are substantially more likely to reject EVs than the average car buyer. Its latest survey of some 350,000 car owners suggests that 16% of U.S. drivers intend for their next car purchase to be electric. For Challenger owners, it’s just 5%. Among Charger owners, it’s a paltry 4%.
Shame on Challenger owners!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Where is the Chief Doughnut Maker on all this???

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I would love for Stellantis to tank Dodge value so bad with this nonsense the brand gets sold off to Tesla and have unlimited credits to make whatever car they want

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I would love for Stellantis to tank Dodge value so bad with this nonsense the brand gets sold off to Tesla and have unlimited credits to make whatever car they want
Dakota PU with a 392 or even the 345 would be sweet !!

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Or Chevy.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
I want one! Tired of spending $250 a week in fuel lol..... It sure would be nice to actually have some competition other than Tesla tho smh. I mean it would be nice to see something that could compete with the Plaid that doesnt look like a Chevy Lumina smh.

Its crazy there is only ONE car manufacture to chose from so I welcome Dodge and their EV journey to make something attractive and fast! I already have a fast ICE car or two I need FREE gas lol..... Well, sorta free in something that looks kool.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I saw my first hornet in person yesterday. It’s not even a cross over. Smallest thing I’ve ever seen. Horrible.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I want one! Tired of spending $250 a week in fuel lol..... It sure would be nice to actually have some competition other than Tesla tho smh. I mean it would be nice to see something that could compete with the Plaid that doesnt look like a Chevy Lumina smh.

Its crazy there is only ONE car manufacture to chose from so I welcome Dodge and their EV journey to make something attractive and fast! I already have a fast ICE car or two I need FREE gas lol..... Well, sorta free in something that looks kool.
I perfectly respect your opinion, you may be one of the 5%, nothing wrong with that, except will it be enough to make Dodge EV's a success? There is absolutely nothing wrong with mfr’s offering EV’s. If I lived in a congested area and did a lot of short trips, a golf cart would be fine, especially if it were a convertible! And fast would be cool!

The two issues I see are:

EV’s are not a market based product, they are highly influenced by regulation including incentives paid for by tax $. The really bad part, it is all based on junk science funded my governments for the purpose of controlling people and flow of capitol in a way that benefits corrupt politicians (and ex’s, John Kerry, Algore, etc.) and their contributors. The entire thing is sickening. Imagine if 10% of all the “green” money was spent on actually helping people around the world rather than destroying economies.

Dodge, influenced by regulations and the “green” movement, somehow got the warped idea that people who wished there was no such thing as emission requirements that steal hp, would leave their Gas, Tire and Oil (fuel) burning vehicles that actually take some skill to drive and happily replace them with a video game on wheels.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Funny, I remember back in the 1980's when they came out with the Yugo. A small disposable car imported by Malcolm Bricklin (yeah, the guy that made the Bricklin sports car in the 1970's). They were so bad and so crappy that dealers would actually give them away when you bought a real car from them. Our local GM dealer at the time would throw one in when you bought something bigger than a full sized car, pricewise. Horrible little cars with zero crash-worthiness made in communist Eastern Europe. Anyone who could keep a lawnmower running could successfully repair one. Funny enough, now they are highly sought after as a "moment in time" nostalgia car, selling for close to twice their original price, 40 years later!!! (how's that for a return on investment!) :eek: Go search one on Bring a Trailer - they show up there once in while)

0-60 in 14 seconds
19.7 second 1/4 mile
86 mph top speed
mileage: 25 mpg
engine: SOHC 4 cyl with 55 hp
Price: $4,379

https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...history-of-the-yugo-the-worst-car-in-history/

The smart business move would be for Dodge to GIVE you a hornet when you buy any remaining Dodge in stock on a dealer's lot.

Last edited:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Jeff Dunham recently bought a Yugo and had it restored--he did a whole episode on it--check his youtube for it. Rather interesting.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
Do you see tesla making hemis though, not their market

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
Jeff Dunham recently bought a Yugo and had it restored--he did a whole episode on it--check his youtube for it. Rather interesting.
I always think of the 80s movie dragnet. They get stuck driving one

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I saw my first hornet in person yesterday. It’s not even a cross over. Smallest thing I’ve ever seen. Horrible.
Confirmed. They are as stupid and gay-ass looking in person as in pictures. Mecum auction last weekend had them for test drives - I stayed the heck away like Clark Kent from kryptonite - didn't want to risk getting any funny disease! LOL

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Is that the comedian with the puppets?