Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Don't sell your new Ford Lightning

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My Ducati Diavel Carbon fiber addition is almost the same type of cruiser..stoplight to stoplight hot rod..cruiser ride..with sportbike speed..Triumph Rocket.."cancelled"..(I'll take your advice...)

Attachments

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
They have 100,000 or more (I think 200,000?) "reservations" but with the chip shortage (and even without it) there is no way they could put that number out. They are supposedly going with the lottery kind of thing for who gets what. I can see their point. One of the things w the Demons that was off-putting to me was the Merry - go - round of buy it and up price it and other shenanigans.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
When you purchase a Mustang, you don't have to go thru that cause they don't care. There is not enough $$ in the autos for them to play the games. Pay for crap, you get crap. Weather,,, I am sorry the high in NY City was 17 today. Not mine. 80 degrees, great red wine, the Bucs winning today,,, all good. Sorry about the rain, wind, shit, and the rest up younder. We get ours different times. Buttster this week low 70s all week and time to ed you Kate the dummies at the car shop.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I would imagine Ford has the right to allocate whatever they like..to whom ever they like..and I doubt the Constitution has.any provision to alter that
It's called Restraint Of Trade. Manufacturers cannot dictate what a dealer can charge for a car and courts have routinely sided with dealers that sued when they were "slow shipped" cars after they failed to comply.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's called Restraint Of Trade. Manufacturers cannot dictate what a dealer can charge for a car and courts have routinely sided with dealers that sued when they were "slow shipped" cars after they failed to comply.
Do you have a citation to one of these cases? I suspect the contractual obligations agreed upon by the parties in the dealership contract would be controlling for the most part.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Do you have a citation to one of these cases? I suspect the contractual obligations agreed upon by the parties in the dealership contract would be controlling for the most part.
The first one I was familiar with was Howard Pontiac and a few other Illinois Pontiac dealers were "slow shipped" Fieros because GM was trying to control the pricing when they were introduced. They sued and suddenly Howard had more Fieros than they knew what to do with, which was weird because the Fiero was initially only available in red and white and all you saw along Grand Avenue was red and white Fieros. I can't remember if Elmhurst Dodge had the same situation with the Viper or the '94 Ram redesign but had to sue to get cars as well.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'll look that up. I have to say, I was impressed that pontiac had the balls to do the Fiero. They emasculated it (in my opinion) because they could only come to grips with it as a "commuter" or urban car. I think if they'd started out with it as it ended up, with the GT available, etc..., it would have had a better reception. But I digress.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I'll look that up. I have to say, I was impressed that pontiac had the balls to do the Fiero. They emasculated it (in my opinion) because they could only come to grips with it as a "commuter" or urban car. I think if they'd started out with it as it ended up, with the GT available, etc..., it would have had a better reception. But I digress.
Pontiac had to sell the business case to GM brass under the pretense of a 'comuter car' to get it built at all. Even then they were grudgingly given a shoestring budget and had to use as many existing components as possible. Imagine if they had given Pontiac a proper development budget and support (like you said). SOP for GM it seems. Poorly (or marginally) executed good idea to start, then by time they refine/develop the idea to the point that the product is great they kill it off. Usually citing 'lack of customer demand' or some such. The new CT5/4 Blackwing cars are the latest iteration.
The Pontiac Fiero Almost Never Happened. Here's Why. (motortrend.com)

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was interested in the larger Blackwing offerings actually (or whatever they want to call it). Something that could compete with an AMG S-class. I like big cars (and I cannot lie). Hence the HC, for instance.

Anyway, they don't listen to me.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Pontiac had to sell the business case to GM brass under the pretense of a 'comuter car' to get it built at all. Even then they were grudgingly given a shoestring budget and had to use as many existing components as possible. Imagine if they had given Pontiac a proper development budget and support (like you said). SOP for GM it seems. Poorly (or marginally) executed good idea to start, then by time they refine/develop the idea to the point that the product is great they kill it off. Usually citing 'lack of customer demand' or some such. The new CT5/4 Blackwing cars are the latest iteration.
The Pontiac Fiero Almost Never Happened. Here's Why. (motortrend.com)
Yep, I remember seeing it on the cover of a magazine a year or two before it was announced, it was being trumpeted as "the next GTO".

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Didn't Dodge try something similar on the Demon?

I'm surprised there's enough interest in an EV truck for this.
Dodge tried to encourage MSRP orders getting prioritized. Then canned Redline Red before ordering closed and built all 100 or so of those cars first.

Dodge was blowing smoke.

I've never had a good experience at a Ford dealership. I've tried many times but they just can't get out of their own way. Id say it compares to Kia/Hyundai dealer with communication. I don't know how they sell so many damn F150s to be honest.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Lambo want let the dealers mark up the price. Too high alreadu.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good product, shitty dealer experience. So shitty I tend not to buy new to avoid them. 35+ years ago, was a different story

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I can't remember yesterday. My cat?? What cat??

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
My Ducati Diavel Carbon fiber addition is almost the same type of cruiser..stoplight to stoplight hot rod..cruiser ride..with sportbike speed..Triumph Rocket.."cancelled"..(I'll take your advice...)
Nice ride, don’t add a rocket 3 get the ultimate power cruiser VMAX. They stopped production last year due to new euro emissions but I’m sure there is some still available. Right at 200 wheel HP with bolt ons, flash and velocity stacks.

Attachments

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Max around a long time. liked the HD vrod

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Nice ride, don’t add a rocket 3 get the ultimate power cruiser VMAX. They stopped production last year due to new euro emissions but I’m sure there is some still available. Right at 200 wheel HP with bolt ons, flash and velocity stacks.
Always had a ton of respect for the VMAX;)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Know what? Right now, I wish we were all 25, living in nearby neighborhoods with all our toys and the knowledge we have now. Damn I would raise some hell lol