Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
He's crazy fast, everybody was setting records or PB's.
Wasn't the DA in the negative range?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
He's crazy fast, everybody was setting records or PB's.
-1400 will do that:)

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yes it was -1600 when I got there at 8am. I waited till about 10am for my first pass & it was -1400.
new best?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yes, but just barly 9.75 at 140 , 3 times.
I think that's all she has on 93 & my setup ?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #266
Didn't it take you awhile to run a 50 in your 1st Demon? Do you think this one is faster or is it because you used what you found out about the 1st one that you have already made it into the 50's with this one?
Two reasons. First, the PB in my Demon #465 was 9.55. I pretty much had the same setup with this car and nearly the same conditions and race track. So, yes what I learned. Second is, this car is well broken in. Not drag miles but street miles. I assume that would be similar. The first car went about a tenth quicker over the first 500 passes.

This car shifts way better. I am pretty sure the TCM flash has other stuff coming along with the advertised purpose. This car has many times barked the tires on the 1-2. And the other car was never flashed and had the Hiccups from time to time. Although the other car DID bark the tires after the Capacitive Discharge. I regret not doing it sooner and then I sold the car soon after. Not sure if it would have lasted or not......

I think this car should have done better. I was fighting the tires. They are getting old. Maybe a year and a half or two years now. They just were not working that good at the beginning of the day when the DA was the best. Well, I also think it was colder. And they were talking about how the glue does not work at that tempature. 40-41 VS 45+ Deg.

Anyone think it is amazing how close these cars are in performance? Me and a close friend had 2 hellcats that would match each other time and time again set up the same way.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Two reasons. First, the PB in my Demon #465 was 9.55. I pretty much had the same setup with this car and nearly the same conditions and race track. So, yes what I learned. Second is, this car is well broken in. Not drag miles but street miles. I assume that would be similar. The first car went about a tenth quicker over the first 500 passes.

This car shifts way better. I am pretty sure the TCM flash has other stuff coming along with the advertised purpose. This car has many times barked the tires on the 1-2. And the other car was never flashed and had the Hiccups from time to time. Although the other car DID bark the tires after the Capacitive Discharge. I regret not doing it sooner and then I sold the car soon after. Not sure if it would have lasted or not......

I think this car should have done better. I was fighting the tires. They are getting old. Maybe a year and a half or two years now. They just were not working that good at the beginning of the day when the DA was the best. Well, I also think it was colder. And they were talking about how the glue does not work at that tempature. 40-41 VS 45+ Deg.

Anyone think it is amazing how close these car are in performance? Me and a close friend had 2 hellcats that would match each other time and time again set up the same way.
You have this week to get new tires:)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Yes, but just barly 9.75 at 140 , 3 times.
I think that's all she has on 93 & my setup ?
nice times whats your set up?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

Anyone think it is amazing how close these car are in performance? Me and a close friend had 2 hellcats that would match each other time and time again set up the same way.
Sorry if this is a dumb q. What do you mean exactly by flashed/not flashed? Is this a recent software update from FCA?

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Ron - I'm considering picking up a cloth base drivers seat before the Legion event. My car has the air conditioned electric drivers seat. Do you know if the base seat will bolt in(I assume it will) as well as plug in to whatever is needed to keep everything working properly?
sent you a message

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #271
Sorry if this is a dumb q. What do you mean exactly by flashed/not flashed? Is this a recent software update from FCA?
Way back, right after the cars came out they released a Transmission Calibration update that was supposed to improve 2-1 downshifting (or something like that). I refused to let the dealer do any updates on my first Demon. But all the other fastest Demons had done it so obviously not slowing them down. So when I had the Crate PCM and Center Stack installed they called me to ask if I wanted this update done while they had the car. I told them, yes do any updates that are appropriate and available. So, not resent. But you can always call and see if anything is available for your VIN, or swing by. Just to be sure.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
nice times whats your set up?
It's in my sig. but basically - 2.85 pulley on 93 octane, 3.09 gear on 315 tire.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Way back, right after the cars came out they released a Transmission Calibration update that was supposed to improve 2-1 downshifting (or something like that). I refused to let the dealer do any updates on my first Demon. But all the other fastest Demons had done it so obviously not slowing them down. So when I had the Crate PCM and Center Stack installed they called me to ask if I wanted this update done while they had the car. I told them, yes do any updates that are appropriate and available. So, not resent. But you can always call and see if anything is available for your VIN, or swing by. Just to be sure.
Damn. So now I wonder if I have it on mine. I bought a 6 pack of oil changes (great deal) when it was new, so when the next one is up I will ask for the updates. Would they do this by default, like a recall? Or do I have to specifically ask for it?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #274
OK, so an update. The whole event this car did not hiccup for the most part. I also finally paid attention and got advice from another racer and then executed a remedy to the Hoosier Wobble. It is CARCAS TEMP being too cold. No wobble at all on Friday when it was warmer. Sunday morning when it was very cold (40F) I killed it on the very first burnout. No wobble. To the best of my recollection, it has only done it on very cold mornings and it has ALWAYS stopped after a few passes and as the day goes on. So, I need to get tire warmers or different tires or the lazy way is to just extend the burnout a bunch.

My best was a 9.561 @ 141.75 and this was at -750 DA. One of the best ways to get a PB is to make back-to-back runs with NO delays. That is why we do the 6 packs where we do 3 runs back-to-back. Basically, as soon as you get back you just flip around right into the bleach box and do your burnout and stage. If the Power chiller is enabled the car will pick up and be fastest on the 3rd pass, and it is best to start out with a fully cooled down Blower (ice or fans). If it is real cold out and the power chiller is not active the car will make its fastest pass on the second pass. This year we did not do any organized 6 Packs when I was there. So, it was hard to get a PB. If they had organized and let us do them during the BEST DA then I think I could have done better. It's hard to do a one-off pass and have it be optimum. That 9.561 was the second pass of a unorganized 6 Pack and the car was optimized. But the DA was not the lowest. Oh well. Nephtali's car hauls ass. But he is 165 Pounds Lighter with Driver. So, I am pretty happy all things considered.

So, I had Jim's car at my house adding an ATI Pinned 10% OD Pulley and remote tuning it, lightening it and so on. That car is super clean and a pleasure to work on. I likely have more passes in the car than Jim and I had all the PB's in the car because I am lighter than him. So, he brought it out there and we planned on multiple Drivers. Jim Drove it, I drove it, his daughter drove it, and he even let Nephtali make a Pass in it. Nephtali is 45 pounds lighter than me. I think he thought he could get a better number on the car with him driving it. To be fair he had about 100 foot worse DA that I did. But I managed a better time than him, so I was happy. It did not matter because the next race Day I did the actual PB for the car and my own lifetime PB of 9.16 @ 151 in the car. 1.31 SIXTY was fun! So cool. Now it will have the seats and OEM Battery put back in and be retired with all the Power Mods intact.

9.561.png ME AND JEROME.jpg vmatxsloak_2469238505978-1-0.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have said the same thing with my car making as many as 3 runs together with just a Hellcat. I have run the same time on the 2nd and 3rd run and I have been faster on every pass of the 3 runs with no interchiller

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
OK, so an update. The whole event this car did not hiccup for the most part. I also finally paid attention and got advice from another racer and then executed a remedy to the Hoosier Wobble. It is CARCAS TEMP being too cold. No wobble at all on Friday when it was warmer. Sunday morning when it was very cold (40F) I killed it on the very first burnout. No wobble. To the best of my recollection, it has only done it on very cold mornings and it has ALWAYS stopped after a few passes and as the day goes on. So, I need to get tire warmers or different tires or the lazy way is to just extend the burnout a bunch.

My best was a 9.561 @ 141.75 and this was at -750 DA. One of the best ways to get a PB is to make back-to-back runs with NO delays. That is why we do the 6 packs where we do 3 runs back-to-back. Basically, as soon as you get back you just flip around right into the bleach box and do your burnout and stage. If the Power chiller is enabled the car will pick up and be fastest on the 3rd pass, and it is best to start out with a fully cooled down Blower (ice or fans). If it is real cold out and the power chiller is not active the car will make its fastest pass on the second pass. This year we did not do any organized 6 Packs when I was there. So, it was hard to get a PB. If they had organized and let us do them during the BEST DA then I think I could have done better. It's hard to do a one-off pass and have it be optimum. That 9.561 was the second pass of a unorganized 6 Pack and the car was optimized. But the DA was not the lowest. Oh well. Nephtali's car hauls ass. But he is 165 Pounds Lighter with Driver. So, I am pretty happy all things considered.

So, I had Jim's car at my house adding an ATI Pinned 10% OD Pulley and remote tuning it, lightening it and so on. That car is super clean and a pleasure to work on. I likely have more passes in the car than Jim and I had all the PB's in the car because I am lighter than him. So, he brought it out there and we planned on multiple Drivers. Jim Drove it, I drove it, his daughter drove it, and he even let Nephtali make a Pass in it. Nephtali is 45 pounds lighter than me. I think he thought he could get a better number on the car with him driving it. To be fair he had about 100 foot worse DA that I did. But I managed a better time than him, so I was happy. It did not matter because the next race Day I did the actual PB for the car and my own lifetime PB of 9.16 @ 151 in the car. 1.31 SIXTY was fun! So cool. Now it will have the seats and OEM Battery put back in and be retired with all the Power Mods intact.

View attachment 61902 View attachment 61903 View attachment 61904
WOW :oops: Ron... 9.561 @ 141.75 is absolutely insane. I remember so many ppl saying the Demon was a fraud and no one would ever get to 9.65 BLAH BLAH BLAH

Thanks for (repeatedly) showing the haters who's boss... :p

So I have one question on your setup. Besides the Hoosiers, do you run with any (performance-enhancing) mods on your new Demon compared to as delivered, stock?

And yes, the 840 Demon crate chip/tune/race gas as well as skinny wheels = OEM stock.

Congrats again!

PS I will make it out there. This is the busiest month of our work year so I have not been able ...yet...That said, my contract ends with my current outfit in 3+ years and I plan to make up for lost Legion time starting in Jan 26! And yes, it seems like a million years from now!

PPS What did Nephtali's car run (best) and what is his setup (relative to OEM stock)?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #277
WOW Ron... 9.561 @ 141.75 is absolutely insane. I remember so many ppl saying the Demon was a fraud and no one would ever get to 9.65 BLAH BLAH BLAH

Thanks for (repeatedly) showing the haters who's boss...

So I have one question on your setup. Besides the Hoosiers, do you run with any (performance-enhancing) mods on your new Demon compared to as delivered, stock?

And yes, the 840 Demon crate chip/tune/race gas as well as skinny wheels = OEM stock.

Congrats again!

PS I will make it out there. This is the busiest month of our work year so I have not been able ...yet...That said, my contract ends with my current outfit in 3+ years and I plan to make up for lost Legion time starting in Jan 26! And yes, it seems like a million years from now!

PPS What did Nephtali's car run (best) and what is his setup (relative to OEM stock)?
The biggest thing with this car is the fact that it does not hiccup. Any hiccup at all drops you a tenth.

I do a couple things that might add power. I run VP MS109 mixed 4:1 with VP C-85. I just heard of another fuel to try but I am doubtful it will be ground breaking. Others have some pretty wild concoctions. But I stick with the VP as it is a high-quality fuel that I feel will not hurt the motor. The only other thing I do is, I run the Demon Crate/Race air filter dry.

Nephtali is 165 pounds lighter than me with him in the car. He has taken the weight reduction to the extreme. I do not have a huge issue with that as long as you do not lie about it. And, he doesn’t. I also saw he has a carbon fiber aftermarket intake. I am pretty sure he had MT ET STREET R's and those are a little heavier. Which I think is ironic since he has lightened everything else. Maybe it's just what he had and he wanted to use them up etc. Not sure. He did 9.53 @142 along side me…………He is #550

When HRP closes I think we will move to Ennis or NOLA. My vote is on Ennis although the DA does not get as low. But the track surface and prep are ideal if not amazing. TJ Baily is the Man!

9.589.png

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hick up?? More like a throw up ster. Hickster. Whom wood a name like that bee ster??

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
The biggest thing with this car is the fact that it does not hiccup. Any hiccup at all drops you a tenth.

I do a couple things that might add power. I run VP MS109 mixed 4:1 with VP C-85. I just heard of another fuel to try but I am doubtful it will be ground breaking. Others have some pretty wild concoctions. But I stick with the VP as it is a high-quality fuel that I feel will not hurt the motor. The only other thing I do is, I run the Demon Crate/Race air filter dry.

Nephtali is 165 pounds lighter than me with him in the car. He has taken the weight reduction to the extreme. I do not have a huge issue with that as long as you do not lie about it. And, he doesn’t. I also saw he has a carbon fiber aftermarket intake. I am pretty sure he had MT ET STREET R's and those are a little heavier. Which I think is ironic since he has lightened everything else. Maybe it's just what he had and he wanted to use them up etc. Not sure. He did 9.53 @142 along side me…………He is #550

When HRP closes I think we will move to Ennis or NOLA. My vote is on Ennis although the DA does not get as low. But the track surface and prep are ideal if not amazing. TJ Baily is the Man!

View attachment 61921
Awesome thanks for the valuable info...

As for fuel, back in the day, I know BOOSTANE was something Demonology tested out and from the looks of it was amazing. These guys are proven chemists and not hacks from everything I can gather on them and their methods. Demonology got 902hp at the crank which was well over his baseline run. From a price (and ease of use) standpoint, you can't beat it imo. Three years later, would you recommend using it?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA