Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member ID
Reactions
City
park ridge
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Octane Red WR RE
Dragrcr, looking at the pics of your 18 x 5 Win Lites it looks to be the valve stem that came with them. Did you ever try to install a front TPMS?

I have the same wheels and I want to run a tpms because I'll most likely have to drive to the track with the fronts on and just change out my rears. The dorman tpms which I have been using has a larger diameter stem. The wheel looks like it can be drilled out and a tpms installed but before I drill my brand new wheels I'm looking for advice/opinions.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #222
X

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
park ridge
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Octane Red WR RE
I looked the wheel over today and I think it can be drilled, but the sensor angle to lie on a part of the rim is to great, at least by my eyes. The hole would have to be drilled on an angle to make it work. Kind of worthless with out pics sorry. I'm going to bring it by a fabricator this week and see what he thinks but my gut says I'll be running no tpms in the front.

I see what you mean about caliper to wheel clearance. I mounted my wheel and it looks like 1/8 or so..... it's tight. I get how you mounted the weights now.
20200509_175534.jpg 20200509_175600.jpg

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #224
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #225
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #226
X

Last edited:

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
It's a great feeling. 😁

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
That’s Kismet Ron,did the line lock work ok from that stoplight?😜

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Ok Ron hit the track! I wants to sees what a man like you can do👍👍👍

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Curious how the car feels to you after owning a Demon. Similar? She got the goods???

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #231
X

Last edited:

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I don't have a good way to weigh the mirror. Using myself as a tare I come up with 2.2 pounds. My bathroom scale is a highly rated newer scale but it will not weigh the mirror by it's self. On the other hand it absolutley crushes my postal scale that maxes out at 2 pounds.

I was able to recover my LW battery from my Friend and install it today. So that is done. We swapped his OEM battery into the Demon just before I sold it and now we swapped again and he got the Battery out of this car. Such a deal......
Easy to do, step on your bathroom scale and weigh yourself and then step off. Grab the mirror and step on the scale again and subtract the difference.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
At 11k my redeye has run 8 cans of vp octane boost. I need to experiment more with blending but it ran the Ho tune with no knock the last time before Tim tuned my HO for race gas. Half a can on 91 and your golden. Boostane kicked my light (0420) but vp never has. FYI
Tracks are opening again around here finally. Also with these stiffer springs I forget the front sway bar is even off now. As of now I’m not planning on putting it back.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #234
X

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well, I literally drove the Demon around in default most of the time. Because I KNEW I had the goods. I even drove it in ECO sometimes because I was running 100 octane 100% of the time. I will give you the typical response that the Demon was softer. I am going to say that the RedEye drives really good on this setup. Surprisingly good. In fact I many times forget it is on a skinny front tire. But my daily front tire on the Demon was a P225/60R18. I want to say the Demon was more nimble but I think it was the tire and EPS steering tuning and maybe even the throttle was tuned more agressive. On the throttle hard they feel pretty much the same (Demon on 808 in default). I did not jump on the Demon much if at all on the street so it's hard to tell. But the RedEye I have nailed it a few times and driven it around in Sport a lot. The shifting in sport and track is pretty brutal. More brutal than the Demon. If I am on the RedEye it will spin the 315's all the way through 3rd. If there was one thing I could get back from the Demon it would be the DRAG Trans Programming. In drag mode the car is smoother on the shifts. In TRACK it's more like a fast shift with power interruption. One thing I need to try with the RedEye is the Sport Trans setting when making some passes. The RedEye felt pretty snappy with the stock tires at light throttle. I never even spun a tire with the stock tires so you can bet I was driving nice. I put the F14/MT's on it probably 150 street miles ago and when I did it seemed lethargic was my first impression. I think the taller rear tire and the throttle mapping caused that. Then I tried sport and it drove so much better. I have played around a lot more with the RedEye because I am running 91 octane. CHEAP 91 octane! The ONLY way to know is to get the car to the track and get it to hook and make some good passes. This car is fun to drive and feels fast but the time slip is the rule. They are opening up a few things out here now but I am not sure how race tracks will fare with the Grandstands and the potential to spread disease. I am not sure if the tracks will open without spectators. I certainly want to get some times soon on this car. I want to trailer the car to TX but it is now getting hot and I cannot see the expense for a T&T etc.
Good info on the RE @DRAGRCR , sounds a lot like my HC , come on back to HRP , would like to see you & race with ya again !
Keep me updated when you can make it ?

And bring a passenger seat Bypass harness with you for my 17 A8 Challenger HC , LOL.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I am thinking of adding 1 gallon of VP X85 to about 1/2 tank of 91. This is based on what the Demons are doing. It would lean and raise the octane at the same time.
What was the octane in the Demon blend?

1 gallon of VP X85 to a Half tank of 100?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #237
X

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
In TRACK it's more like a fast shift with power interruption.
I know exactly what you mean, I notice it on the 1-2 and especially 2-3 shift and the 3-4 seems to feel better again. I always thought it was tire spinning or traction control stepping in, but I don't know.

In straight default mode - and I don't drive around in it a lot - but I've noticed the shifts are very smooth and instantaneous.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If I ever do remove the cats I am thinking VP MS109reg straight up.
I'm not tracking this. How are your cats and MS109 related?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I know exactly what you mean, I notice it on the 1-2 and especially 2-3 shift and the 3-4 seems to feel better again. I always thought it was tire spinning or traction control stepping in, but I don't know.

In straight default mode - and I don't drive around in it a lot - but I've noticed the shifts are very smooth and instantaneous.
It does that in Track Mode, we get to feel it with every lap up at BIR on the straight going thru 3-4-5 and into 6, hard shift but a short interruption consistent as ever, fuel additive or not. 3-4 and 4-5 suck like that, but she still beats about everything else! I am afraid if we tune it, the tranny will wear itself out sooner. I swear my best times on the street anyway is with good traction, rubber, and when I forget to change from the default mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.