Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Durango Hellcat Order

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Challenger WB Redeye
Thread Starter #41
And to be clear in this region where I am trucks almost never come with tow hitches, just not common or needed as you might think.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
A f150 is a pickup truck- way different market. When the time comes im sure I will get the money I want. I will never not be able to sell it because it doesn’t have a tow package. Whoever in their right mind would pay you $2500 more just because you have a tow package(thats was a $1500/$1600 option) is my kind of person , get me their contact info I have a bridge I want to sell them.
Hey its your prerogative, people are just making helpful suggestions.

I just tried to give you an example,

As others have said the benefits to an oem hitch are more than just the option, i.e able to pull more weight at factory, etc etc

What we are saying is you limit your market in a limited production run, I would imagine many are going to tow something at some point in time, so by not having that option you kill off a certain portion of the market.

I can't tell you how much it's going to affect resale, you may even find the right person who doesn't care, but I mean for $1000 or whatever the package cost, I wouldn't take a risk.

On a side note

Used car market is still hot right now, especially luxury trucks and suvs, you are right many more people tow with a truck versus suv, which is probably why it's more value.

I have positive equity and could made money selling early but I'm down to a circa 700 hp rwd monster (e55 amg) and a pickup truck in the northeast, I would rather keep paying $450/mo on a 70k truck than make 1-2k for short term gain and no reliable vehicle in the snow (@ChargerChallenger knows how expensive these trucks are to lease 😝😝😝, he's the finance manager at his lot)

Either way enjoy the durango in good faith!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Trackhawk
I just checked with Dodge Customer Service chat, and my order has a VIN!! WOO HOO! Unfortunately, as has been noted in this thread previously, it still probably won't be built until January, or possibly later, depending on where my particular order was in the sequence of orders . . .

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I just checked with Dodge Customer Service chat, and my order has a VIN!! WOO HOO! Unfortunately, as has been noted in this thread previously, it still probably won't be built until January, or possibly later, depending on where my particular order was in the sequence of orders . . .
You must be fired up... congrats!

Member ID
Reactions
City
WIMAUMA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
If you've ordered a DDHC, please join the Facebook page Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat Owners and post up your VIN.

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #46
Thats great news!!!! Im still waiting for my vin.

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #48
Wow- Just like that I got my vin!!!! You are the man lol.

Member ID
Reactions
City
WIMAUMA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
What packages did you get?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Trackhawk
I got the Vice White paint, the Blind Spot package, the Harmon Kardon stereo, the Sunroof, the Tow Package and the Technology Group

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I got the Vice White paint, the Blind Spot package, the Harmon Kardon stereo, the Sunroof, the Tow Package and the Technology Group
Good man... excellent build! Looking forward to some pics down the road!

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #53
Nice build, If theTrackhawk I had wasn’t white I would’ve did white.

Member ID
Reactions
City
owensboro
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019redeye hellcat
Hey SRT2SLOW did you get the Power Dollar Rebate money on your car ?

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #55
Hey SRT2SLOW did you get the Power Dollar Rebate money on your car ?
On the durango?

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #56
Member ID
Reactions
City
owensboro
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019redeye hellcat
Thanks for your reply but wanting to know on your hellcat durango i'm thinking about ordering a 2021 REDEYE and wanting to know if the power dollar rebate is still going on

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #58
Thanks for your reply but wanting to know on your hellcat durango i'm thinking about ordering a 2021 REDEYE and wanting to know if the power dollar rebate is still going on
They aren’t locking in Power dollars or them, so pretty much if it’s available when the car hits then yes i will get them. But if not then i will get whatever is available at the time

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #59
21 Redeye im gonna guess is gonna be in the same boat so just talk to the dealership. Best of luck

Member ID
Reactions
City
owensboro
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019redeye hellcat
Thanks