Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Excited about the PB but something is off...

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Can verify the 2.5 is an absolute furnace. I'm only seeing 19-21psi depending on air temp and RPM 😳 we won't discuss IAT2 at this point. It's bad...and so is IAT1 with the legmaker.

If you can manage the IAT's...it definitely makes power.

That doesn't mean that blower RPM isn't still high enough to beat daddy Elon to Mars though. Risk/reward. YMMV.

If I had a do over? I'd save all that money and just go with a Shanghai Spoolyboi.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The log doesn't look near as bad as I thought in terms of air charge temp. Yours got to like 153°F which is about where mine ends up when the weather is hot out. I've seen as high as 164 or so if I have to hot lap and I'm on a 2.72 pulley. I do think the 2.5 spins the blower a bit too hard so if you continue to run it, I'd have a plan for bearings etc in the shorter term just in case.

I think the DA is what's holding you back like I think I mentioned before. Every +1,000 foot of DA is worth about 1/10 on ET and probably 1MPH as well. You were at 4500, so that's 4/10 and 4MPH by rough estimate.

Here's the blower efficiency data I have. I think HPindy may have first posted this?

2.4 blower eficiency.jpg

OP
yellow_hellcat

yellow_hellcat

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincoln
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #63
If the interchiller controls the high IATs and allows me to take advantage of the extra boost by keeping the car from pulling timing then I am all for it!

Sounds like the interchiller and a future snout upgrade (port and bearing) is probably the right path here...