Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Half Cat build?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Wow. Ia that your job? Or your hobby?

OP

1mean376

Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Holtsville
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
1970 Challenger RT
Thread Starter #22
Magnified, used to be a mechanic and then worked for a speed shop many years ago when i was working my way through college. That's where I picked up MIG/TIG welding and some fabrication "skills" (if you want to call them that lol). Just been a hobby aside from doing side jobs for friends/coworkers though for the past decade.

Pics are without the shims in the crossmember so the trans will come up a bit more and level out the engine. Not really happy with my work, welds and work was rushed and sloppy but definitely structural. Tough doing all this in a cramped 1 car and in a rush after working an overnight shift at work LOL. I mean hell, would have loved to TIG weld it even but this build really needs to be running by fall and there's so much more to do. IMG_9519.PNG

Attachments

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd say 1% chance on pulley failure at 15k miles. Just saw grease in the original pics so wanted to mention to check it.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Gonna be a nice and VERY fast car. 9s should be easy with the right gears, tires and suspension. Looks like somebody mistook the car for a Camaro and painted the engine compartment black. 😬