Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Have Hellcat Powered Vehicles "Ruined" It For You With Other Performance Vehicles?

Member ID
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Like the title says, has owning a Hellcat powered vehicle ruined the driving experience when driving other Performance vehicles? Myself along with others have other performance vehicles in the stable. I certainly love my others for different reasons but I find myself gravitating towards driving my Hellcat Challenger more these days. I really love the driving experience. The sound, comfort, great amenities and of course the tire boiling power as well as the way the power is delivered (instantly, maybe I'm just used to my Turbo Buicks' though.) Decent MPG if you can drive it like you're taking your driving test and the capability of being able to drive it cross country in comfort is so impressive to me. My only regret is not getting some skin in the game sooner.

Just curious what others here thought about this question.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Well, what other performance cars are in the stable? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Love the Hellcat being such an easy vehicle to be docile or absolutely violent all while sailing around in a lazy boy seat. I also do love my 02 Viper, definitely a much more inspiring corner carver, but caveman refinements and no nannies other than ABS is a much different experience.

At this point, I have no interest in anything else out there. Well unless someone wants to give me a Demon and a Viper ACR too.

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Well, what other performance cars are in the stable? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Love the Hellcat being such an easy vehicle to be docile or absolutely violent all while sailing around in a lazy boy seat. I also do love my 02 Viper, definitely a much more inspiring corner carver, but caveman refinements and no nannies other than ABS is a much different experience.

At this point, I have no interest in anything else out there. Well unless someone wants to give me a Demon and a Viper ACR too.
Two '87 Buick Regal Turbo T's and a big block/stick '71 Nova SS.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I dont drive or own others so nope:)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Probably. DD is a Durango 392 SRT. The other item I will drive is a heavy modified FXR Harley. I ride in our 5.7 Jeep GC. But like above if the opportunity comes I would not mind diversifying and adding another. If it handles great and is fun, it just needs almost the power that is OK. Can’t use 850 hp on the streets anyway.

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I know what you mean about it being very different from a Buick 3.8 turbo. Massive torque at all rpm vs. wait for it...then WHAM. There's really nothing made any more like old school turbos. But you're right, the Hellcat is more practical.

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Honestly there was nothing that I was remotely interested in late model wise. Corvette, Camaro, Mustang even a Charger (absolutely nothing wrong with a Charger at all, just didn't want or need a four door for a non daily performance car.) They're all great in their own way but It was a Hellcat Challenger or nothing. Guy I bought my 'Cat from also had a Shelby GT500 carbon fiber track pack car in the garage. The car Ford used for their advertising. He bluntly said he HATED it. Terribly uncomfortable with the Recaros and hated the power delivery and trans. replaced the 'Cat with a Shelby Super Snake F150. Liked that much better.

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I know what you mean about it being very different from a Buick 3.8 turbo. Massive torque at all rpm vs. wait for it...then WHAM. There's really nothing made any more like old school turbos. But you're right, the Hellcat is more practical.
The way the power is delivered in the Buicks and the Hellcat stuff is so different. I do still like the Buicks though having had many in 30+ years. Rings of nostalgia for me.

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Probably. DD is a Durango 392 SRT. The other item I will drive is a heavy modified FXR Harley. I ride in our 5.7 Jeep GC. But like above if the opportunity comes I would not mind diversifying and adding another. If it handles great and is fun, it just needs almost the power that is OK. Can’t use 850 hp on the streets anyway.
850hp. Nice problem to have!

Snowman

Member ID
City
Cranberry Twp
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Two '87 Buick Regal Turbo T's and a big block/stick '71 Nova SS.
I had a GN back in the day. Absolutely awesome car, for its day. Not even in the same league as a HC.

My other “fun” car is a Wrangler on 37’s. Fun, especially topless and doors off, but again, in a much different way.

Been looking at 911 Turbo S’s lately, but I think we’re finally going to migrate south in the next year, so I’ll probably wait until we get set up there first.

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
I had a GN back in the day. Absolutely awesome car, for its day. Not even in the same league as a HC.

My other “fun” car is a Wrangler on 37’s. Fun, especially topless and doors off, but again, in a much different way.

Been looking at 911 Turbo S’s lately, but I think we’re finally going to migrate south in the next year, so I’ll probably wait until we get set up there first.
Good stuff. How do you like your Super Stock? A friend has one.
Tempting...

Snowman

Member ID
City
Cranberry Twp
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Loved it when it was stock, my only complaint was the shifting. After all the work I did, the best money I spent was the trans tune. Coolest thing was having custom wheels made to exactly match stock, but 17x11 in the back.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
850hp. Nice problem to have!
Somewhere just about that on a good day with the right gas. It is finally consistent and without hiccups and burning out the cats. I need to find some good rubber flip to one of my tuner’s nasty straight line tunes and see what the old girl can really do. It is more than enough for everything I want it to do.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Like the title says, has owning a Hellcat powered vehicle ruined the driving experience when driving other Performance vehicles?
Short answer, no. Problem easily solved by having only Hemi-powered performance vehicles in my fleet. :cool:[clap][driving]

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
Somewhere just about that on a good day with the right gas. It is finally consistent and without hiccups and burning out the cats. I need to find some good rubber flip to one of my tuner’s nasty straight line tunes and see what the old girl can really do. It is more than enough for everything I want it to do.
Sounds like well into the 9's with a good tire.

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
Short answer, no. Problem easily solved by having only Hemi-powered performance vehicles in my fleet. :cool:[clap][driving]
Obviously not applicable to you. Nice looking garage I'm sure.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I appreciate the performance and engineering of a 911 Turbo S, but wouldn't want one.

My girlfriend has had two of them, a GT4, three Aston Martins, and an RS6 Avant. They're all gone, but she's hanging on to her Challenger.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Yep, ruined it for sure

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
After owning 3 Hellcats and with my first performance car being an 86 GN I like boost especially living at altitude. Currently installing a Pro Charger on a 2022 Mach 1. If they start blowing out leftover Hellcats I would be tempted to pick up another one.