Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat and R/T track fun

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
The FAST series had a track day today with DA looking to be -800. Scales were not on but it should have been close to what it weighed 2 weeks ago 4590 lbs. Well my 1st pass my Kestrel was showing -300. Online it says it was more but I go by the Kestrel, that is why I bought it I was able to make back to back runs like I did in the spring and it picks up on the 2nd pass every time. First pass was 10.59@129 1.54 60. I didn't get a good burnout on my 2nd pass and it spun so I came back around for a 3rd run and went 10.52@131 1.53 60 ft. The runs were made in 8 minutes.
The next round an hour later DA was showing -100 and I went 10.58@132 1.55 60 ft followed by a 10.51@130.55 1.51 60 ft. Runs were made with in 4 minutes. Last outing another hour later DA now said +75 and I ran 10.55@131 1.53 60ft and the 2nd pass 10.51@131 1.51 60 ft. I went back to try to do a 3rd and they decided to drag the track so I called it
Jon hooked up his computer and data logged some runs. Probably should have done all but just did the first 3. So he can post what he saw

Magic number today was 51. I had a new best time 10.51 and new best 60 ft 1.51

Tomorrow taking the Challenger R/T out. I swapped the wheels over and we will see what it does. Had it out 3 years ago and went 12.91. The DA will not be as good but it will be lighter
Congrats! It’s a good thing you logged tho

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Sorry for the delay. I may outline more later. But see my comments above about some odd issues

Attachments

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
What a strange day at the track. It looked like we were going to have a day of fun but it was cut short. I had my skinnies and DR's on the Challenger. Took the front sway bar off and the trunk mat. Only mod is a Hellcat airbox. Car weighed 4185 with me in it. Can't believe how much lighter it is then a Scat Pack. It has cloth interior and no sunroof. The R/T's have open rears so I did multiple burnouts to try to get the tires clear of water. It wasn't spinning very well and I realized I didn't take traction control off, it was in Sport though. Car takes off and I was like "is the emergency brake on" cause we are putting down the strip. But low and behold I hit my goal 12.79@107! I had a 1.85 60 ft. I went back up to the starting line and they were still running my lane so I had the car running and didn't wait too long and I was in burnout box. Some junky ass truck in the other lane takes off just wheel hopping like there is no tomorrow and puts dirt all over the starting line. Looked like someone grabbed a shovel of dirt and dumped it. He shifts gears and is still hopping along.(maybe Dodge needs to use those axles cause he didn't seem to break one). I get out of the car and pop the hood and a minute later he says to me we are going to run one lane while we clean this up. The car does a way better burnout now that I have traction off. Car seemed to feel better this run but when I get to the ticket booth he says it didn't print and the pair before me didn't either. I figure Teresa could tell me what it ran but no time on the boards. They clean the track off and after a long wait say they had a catastrophic failure of the timing system. Even the back up won't work. They did give us all a refund and I was one only one that made 2 passes

Also my Kestrel showed 48 degrees, 50% humidity and barometer 30.20. DA was 25

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Damn

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
What a strange day at the track. It looked like we were going to have a day of fun but it was cut short. I had my skinnies and DR's on the Challenger. Took the front sway bar off and the trunk mat. Only mod is a Hellcat airbox. Car weighed 4185 with me in it. Can't believe how much lighter it is then a Scat Pack. It has cloth interior and no sunroof. The R/T's have open rears so I did multiple burnouts to try to get the tires clear of water. It wasn't spinning very well and I realized I didn't take traction control off, it was in Sport though. Car takes off and I was like "is the emergency brake on" cause we are putting down the strip. But low and behold I hit my goal 12.79@107! I had a 1.85 60 ft. I went back up to the starting line and they were still running my lane so I had the car running and didn't wait too long and I was in burnout box. Some junky ass truck in the other lane takes off just wheel hopping like there is no tomorrow and puts dirt all over the starting line. Looked like someone grabbed a shovel of dirt and dumped it. He shifts gears and is still hopping along.(maybe Dodge needs to use those axles cause he didn't seem to break one). I get out of the car and pop the hood and a minute later he says to me we are going to run one lane while we clean this up. The car does a way better burnout now that I have traction off. Car seemed to feel better this run but when I get to the ticket booth he says it didn't print and the pair before me didn't either. I figure Teresa could tell me what it ran but no time on the boards. They clean the track off and after a long wait say they had a catastrophic failure of the timing system. Even the back up won't work. They did give us all a refund and I was one only one that made 2 passes

Thumbs up for at least that one great pass!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Hopefully I have better luck tomorrow.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
I really think the 2nd pass felt better but we will never know. I hit my goal of a 12.7 which I thought it could do:)

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I really think the 2nd pass felt better but we will never know. I hit my goal of a 12.7 which I thought it could do:)
One day I will try the wife's R/T taxi.
It is a Road & Track so 3.06 gears and posi.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@Hpindy @Speedy! I’d be curious your thoughts on the logs I posted

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
One day I will try the wife's R/T taxi.
It is a Road & Track so 3.06 gears and posi.
what year?
The '13 TAXI we had went a best 13.51@102

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
what year?
The '13 TAXI we had went a best 13.51@102
It's a 2015. I never took it to the track.🤷

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

Is that a PB? Teresa’s R/T would give any classic stock 440-6 or 426 Hemi car a run for their money even if they were running drag radials. There were very few musclecar magazine road tests back in the day with a 1/4 mile mph over 107 mph.

Last edited:
OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
Is that a PB? Teresa’s R/T would give any classic stock 440-6 or 426 Hemi car a run for their money even if they were running drag radials. There were very few musclecar magazine road tests back in the day with a 1/4 mile mph over 107 mph.
Had it to the track in '18 and went 12.91. So yes this is a new best

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #34
It's a 2015. I never took it to the track.🤷
It has an 8 speed so should be faster then the '13

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I gotta say a 12.7 Is pretty impressive from a 5.7. Congrats.
I had a thought earlier. Maybe put a whipple on the cat and then the stock blower on the 5.7. Just a thought 🤷 idk if that would even work. There has to be a kit

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
I gotta say a 12.7 Is pretty impressive from a 5.7. Congrats.
I had a thought earlier. Maybe put a whipple on the cat and then the stock blower on the 5.7. Just a thought 🤷 idk if that would even work. There has to be a kit
I'm sure I could get a good price on a Torqstorm. One of the salesman was at the track I know today with his 07 SRT Grand Cherokee. He said they were going to make a kit for them and I told him I had an 09 5.7 and they may call me to look at it also. Being Chris one of the owners lives around the corner from me and I'm good friends with him I'm sure I could get a discount:p

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats @vortecd , nice passes, that DA yesterday was crazy.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
They were also trying to get a baseline run on a Challenger today with a guy that has never ran down the track. He spun to a 14 second pass. He said they could put it on a dyno and get a baseline then do it again after the dyno. Teresa's car would be way better but not looking at buying one:cool:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I went last night to HMP 1/8 mile track & only got 1 good pass out of 3, spun on the other 2.
1.41 60' , 6.30 @ 111.95
DA -230

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
I went last night to HMP 1/8 mile track & only got 1 good pass out of 3, spun on the other 2.
1.41 60' , 6.30 @ 111.95
DA -230
Looks to be close for a new best for you