Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat vs C8 Dig & 40 roll

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I would like to hear of real time driving the C8 for many many miles and the get in and get out reality.
I have owned the C5,C6 and C7 Corvettes and each one was crawl in and crawl out which I have a hard time believing the new C8 is really any different. Even my Mustangs are border line crawl in crawl out as well as my Supra for sure. Damn we are spoiled by our Hellcats and one reason I sold my Stingray since my Hellcats smoked her.
To get in and out is a pain and the seats suck but the car does drive very smooth. Every time I drive it I am amazed how nice the ride is compared to the cat. The vette is pretty stiff and low but yet dont feel any of our F-up roads compared to the cat which is surprising. But yes there is no comparison in power... unless you are in the ZR1 which is an absolute beast!

But I still would rather own a cat than a ZR1.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Hennesy.....let me guess the Hellcat is on stock all seasons....from a 40 roll in 2nd gear. Spin much? I'd put bus lengths on that C8 with the car seat in the back. I'm on PS4s in the charger and it's an entirely different car. Something is not right here. I'm not a Driveway Demons fan but he gaps a C8 in his GT350 making just over 500whp which is an intake and e85 tune. I have a 530whp GT350 and the Charger. Charger is still way faster I promise you but it like all Hellcats needs a better tire.

Of course the faster you are going the bigger the power difference shows. Charger pulls and pulls past 180mph. GT350 on stock power slows way down after 120mph. I'd reckon the C8 is the same. From a dig every car on the planet is basically FUBAR'd unless you are big power all wheel drive or also midengine. Nothing to be done there. C8's are hitting 2.7 0-60s on the street. When the Z06 comes out it will be world domination. Then I will buy one.

I've sat in the new C8 and I'm 6'3 230 lbs. I fit fine. Visibility is terrible but plenty for what you need. Better fit than a C7 or a Viper.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I would like to hear of real time driving the C8 for many many miles and the get in and get out reality.
I have owned the C5,C6 and C7 Corvettes and each one was crawl in and crawl out which I have a hard time believing the new C8 is really any different. Even my Mustangs are border line crawl in crawl out as well as my Supra for sure. Damn we are spoiled by our Hellcats and one reason I sold my Stingray since my Hellcats smoked her.
No question the HC's are a breeze to get in and out of...C8..better than the C7..and with the top off..not bad at all..unlike my vipers..those are a chore..

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thread Starter #44
this shows a viper with 640 hp taking the Vette on a roll. Hard to believe a hellcat or Redeye etc would be much different

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
this shows a viper with 640 hp taking the Vette on a roll. Hard to believe a hellcat or Redeye etc would be much different
Is it me...or shouldn't 640...always beat 495 in a roll on???:unsure:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
disappointed cake.gif

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States

Redemption!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Love it, what does that Jeep weigh?? A BUNCH PLUS!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Would like to have seen the speedo read out for when the overtake was occurring.....

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Would like to have seen the speedo read out for when the overtake was occurring.....
Man it seemed like a while on those first two. I’m guessing 110-120?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
My leg had a cramp in it for 2 days from climbing into and barely out of a C7Z06. What a miserable experience.
I've been hearing great things about the C8 interior space. It's compact - but only where it needs to be. No sacrifices to leg or headroom.
IMG_0266.jpg
My Brother just bought a C7 a week ago with the Z51 package....so far he loves the thing. Its gotta be a blast to drive down winding country roads. But the C8 is a pretty amazing car...mid engine platform with magnetic ride control? I figured it was only a matter of time that either Chevy, Ford or some other would develop a car to seriously compete with other sports cars and exotic rides. And the Z version of the Vette will be a special car for sure.

But just park a Hellcat next to a Vette....two totally different cars with different purposes.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
View attachment 17445
My Brother just bought a C7 a week ago with the Z51 package....so far he loves the thing. Its gotta be a blast to drive down winding country roads. But the C8 is a pretty amazing car...mid engine platform with magnetic ride control? I figured it was only a matter of time that either Chevy, Ford or some other would develop a car to seriously compete with other sports cars and exotic rides. And the Z version of the Vette will be a special car for sure.

But just park a Hellcat next to a Vette....two totally different cars with different purposes.
Couldn't agree more...and when you park them next to each other...you realize how big a challenger is

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I love the new C8.... for someone else. I have to admit the look of an f’d up origami post is pretty funny though 😂

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I love the new C8.... for someone else. I have to admit the look of an f’d up origami post is pretty funny though 😂
I think the car is amazing....but I will admit...if my wife didn't absolutely love the car...I could see myself trading it for a new backdraft cobra...as cool as it is...its not me

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #56
Looking at the times it says corvette will do 0-60mph on 2.9 or 3 seconds.. in the same run it will do 100mph in 7.6 seconds. Based on that data that tells you 60-100 mph pull on a base c8 Vette takes at least 4 and a half seconds so 4.5. I did a pull both in the charger and the Redeye today. Charger did 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and did 7.7 seconds to 100. So it only took the charger cat 3.6 seconds to accelerate to 100 from 60. In the Redeye I got 4.1 seconds to 60 as well. But to 100 it did it in 7.4 seconds in sport trans. Which means it only took 3.3 seconds to accelerate from 60 to 100. Based on that real world data. A stock hellcat or a Redeye would absolutely destroy a base c8 from a 60 roll.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Looking at the times it says corvette will do 0-60mph on 2.9 or 3 seconds.. in the same run it will do 100mph in 7.6 seconds. Based on that data that tells you 60-100 mph pull on a base c8 Vette takes at least 4 and a half seconds so 4.5. I did a pull both in the charger and the Redeye today. Charger did 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and did 7.7 seconds to 100. So it only took the charger cat 3.6 seconds to accelerate to 100 from 60. In the Redeye I got 4.1 seconds to 60 as well. But to 100 it did it in 7.4 seconds in sport trans. Which means it only took 3.3 seconds to accelerate from 60 to 100. Based on that real world data. A stock hellcat or a Redeye would absolutely destroy a base c8 from a 60 roll.
It would seem hard to argue against that...especially given the HP advantage of the HC's...

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #58
My argument is clear. The Redeye is ATLEAST a full second quicker from 60-100. And the hellcat isn’t much slower. Really if the c8 did 60 in 3 seconds.. 7.6 would mean it takes 4.6 second from 60 - 100. Which in that case would mean the charger cat too at 3.6 seconds 60 - 100 would make it a full second quicker as well. Sooo what I’m saying is all the biased videos out there are BULL because these numbers on paper don’t lie. They say a tenth of a second is a car length. So from 60 to 100 the hellcat or Redeye would be 10 car lengths ahead. Not 1 not 3 not 5... 10! Okay.. so even if that’s in the slightest bit overestimated your still half a dozen car lengths ahead if not more. So stock for stock needless to say it’s NO contest from a roll. So feel obliged to absolutely embarrass a c8 owner when your on the highway. Just don’t do it in a stock 392 because it will be the other way around.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Paper is good, and essential for planning, but there are always factors that are unknown in an situation. Though I really am thankful to you for running the cars back to back like that same day. I'm squirreling that knowledge away right now.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My argument is clear. The Redeye is ATLEAST a full second quicker from 60-100. And the hellcat isn’t much slower. Really if the c8 did 60 in 3 seconds.. 7.6 would mean it takes 4.6 second from 60 - 100. Which in that case would mean the charger cat too at 3.6 seconds 60 - 100 would make it a full second quicker as well. Sooo what I’m saying is all the biased videos out there are BULL because these numbers on paper don’t lie. They say a tenth of a second is a car length. So from 60 to 100 the hellcat or Redeye would be 10 car lengths ahead. Not 1 not 3 not 5... 10! Okay.. so even if that’s in the slightest bit overestimated your still half a dozen car lengths ahead if not more. So stock for stock needless to say it’s NO contest from a roll. So feel obliged to absolutely embarrass a c8 owner when your on the highway. Just don’t do it in a stock 392 because it will be the other way around.
If and when I challenge you on the highway...it wont be in my C8...it will be in my Demon...