Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellephant transplant

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Nice. Was this a blown motor swap, or did the original engine just get pulled and sold?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I'll take the old one. That green belt makes a nice sound.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
well I guess all the questions over whether this would bolt right up to a hellcat/demon just got answered.

Oh and BTW, WHERE ARE ALL THE HELLEPHANT 3.0L BLOWERS AT?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Hmm, I hope is not just another build that does not produce a time slip. If sounds awesome is the criteria, ok, just not my criteria. Of course there is the contagion, so, gotta give it some time. Bring it down south, just ran at Clay City, KY, otherwise, you know were I am going.

Last edited:

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I actually knew that the Hellephant would work very well in the Demon or any Hellcat as all of the electronics are compatible. It's just that I could not decide weather to do it or not. I was also thinking of just getting the 3.0L Twin Screw to put onto my Demon's engine but so far they have not released it. So since it appears that they may not sell the 3.0L by itself. I then thought of just buying a Hellephant and use the 3.0L, the Heads & Aluminum Block from it and destroke it to a 6.2 with better internals. I like the Rod Ratio better in the 6.2 over the 7.0 engine. I just didn't get around to doing any of this yet and now A.J. of course puts the Hellephant into a Demon. So now at least I get to see what can be wrung out of this engine on pump gas and High Octane Fuel. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I actually knew that the Hellephant would work very well in the Demon or any Hellcat as all of the electronics are compatible. It's just that I could not decide weather to do it or not. I was also thinking of just getting the 3.0L Twin Screw to put onto my Demon's engine but so far they have not released it. So since it appears that they may not sell the 3.0L by itself. I then thought of just buying a Hellephant and use the 3.0L, the Heads & Aluminum Block from it and destroke it to a 6.2 with better internals. I like the Rod Ratio better in the 6.2 over the 7.0 engine. I just didn't get around to doing any of this yet and now A.J. of course puts the Hellephant into a Demon. So now at least I get to see what can be wrung out of this engine on pump gas and High Octane Fuel. Should be interesting.
It really does not make sense from a tooling and R/D perspective for IHI to only produce a few 3.0L superchargers for such a small number of engines. Unless Dodge has future plans for this unit, I bet we will see it released by itself in time...hopefully

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
It really does not make sense from a tooling and R/D perspective for IHI to only produce a few 3.0L superchargers for such a small number of engines. Unless Dodge has future plans for this unit, I bet we will see it released by itself in time...hopefully
I know, but I'm getting frustrated waiting for it's release.

OP
MRmagoo

MRmagoo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chi
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 charger
Thread Starter #28
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Man, it wrapped out 3rd gear (or was it 4th) fast. Did I see 920-something? Too damn awesome....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Nice Job hemituner.....
At least this build is getting it done.
Some people talk about their builds for years and never complete it & put other builds down!
My build is almost done. Just waiting on back ordered parts. I can care less about a time slip.
I just like having a cool & fast fun car to drive!👍😀😂

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
944,, pretty damn good. Off to Bowling Green, Ky. To the campgrounds where the track is. Wonder if they still hold the nationals 2 wheel nationals there. Last time I was there was 1977 with a meet and greet from the Local club from Chattanooga.. Good buddy of mine from Chattanooga was the Prez back then. Goat. He worked building bikes and vettes. Fastest vette ever road in he built in Dad's garage. Working on 700 HP back then 4 speed. Good group of people back then. We had our own 1/4 mile strip on the back end of the grounds. Then a skirmish broke out and lasted 4 days. The town kinda got taken over and the liquor stores went 1st then the gun shops. Couldn't get the state troopers there fast enough to clean up the mess. Goat, Gary, is still alive and well in Chattanooga. Talked to him over My Face a few months ago. Still building vettes. A few of us lived together after Light Foot Mill Rd. Went off a 56 foot bridge there one night on my 55 pan head. About killed me. Harley was the prez back then and he crashed in Knoxville and about killed him. Laid him up in Knoxville for 3 months. I guess alot has changed since then. Water Bed was my sponcer and I was called Baby Bed cause we hung together All the time. He had a bike shop in Daytona just across the strre from the Boot Hill. He was in my wedding. Biker wedding in a church.
But Bowling Green brings back alot of memories. That track and camp ground has to be still there. Not far from the vette musiuem. Then we partyed with the mountain people. Twice a month they wood come down from the hills for a festival. Ramp, water melon, onion,, shine lots of home brew, and just home grown stuff. Green stuff had no problem growing that in the Smokies. We were long haired bearded bikers from the city and they were long haired bearded from the mountains. Got along very well after 2 months of gettin along. Traded stuff from the city for stuff from the upper mountains. Ammo for green stuff and shine. Ever in Cosby,Tn be careful of the bar at the intersection. Kinda wild place. With 1 drink and it comes out of a cooler and white,, very tasty. I am sure times have changed things and land scapes and people in Chattanooga.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hmm, without a time slip, it means nothing, my hellcat makes almost 900 RWHP with a stock 2.3 blower, just more noise, IMO

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Hmm, without a time slip, it means nothing, my hellcat makes almost 900 RWHP with a stock 2.3 blower, just more noise, IMO
His time slip is posted on faceplace 9.27@150 I think there’s much more in it. cole3986 you had some nice runs with Hellno! I say hell yes!

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
After watching Demonology's video last night with AJ. The Hellephant is a beast of any engine and really impressed.

But after AJ said; he recommends not spraying this engine...I'm thinking about going another direction for my next car. Maybe 426 with upgrade rods, pistons..etc..
Reason why; I live in the south and DA is horrible during the summer and we know...spray is the DA equalizer for racing turbo cars/trucks.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Oh man that trap time is awesome. It would be a mike drop moment for Dodge if they threw even a de-tuned version of this motor in a production model Hellcat.

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
AJ has been doing a lot of videos with Herman (Demonology).

AJ thinks he can go 8.8 once he gets it all dialed in. He was having issues with the shift points and demon converter he is using. Lots of good info if you watch the videos.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Actually a dyno sheet shows exactly what they're looking for - a HP number. That means as much to some people as a time slip.
Not everyone can race, or should race, but they want to make HP... and you can only measure HP on a dyno. How someone chooses to apply that HP is completely up to them.

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
That is one Monster motor and of course the fantastic tuner helps!

Wish I had that in my Charger!

Would probably go over 225 mph.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Actually a dyno sheet shows exactly what they're looking for - a HP number. That means as much to some people as a time slip.
Not everyone can race, or should race, but they want to make HP... and you can only measure HP on a dyno. How someone chooses to apply that HP is completely up to them.
Dyno numbers greatly differ, talk to the guys using a mustang dyno, the track tells the truth. Dyno is only a tool. We can agree is disagree on this.