Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hello to everyone

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Congrats on the 16 HC, that color pops

Welcome to Hellcat Nation from Houston

Good people here that has done it all

Race Safe
Hell yeah, thanks Mean Cat

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Hi everybody. I’m totally new to this forum. This is actually the first time I’ve ever signed up for a forum. I’m super excited to be a part of this group. I purchased a Go-Mango 2016 Challenger Hellcat just recently and I’m excited about the possibilities of upgrading it.
Welcome.
Lots of info here and then some. lol

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Welcome from NY. Beautiful ride, congrats and good luck with it.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hell yeah! You sound like an Air Force guy.
Indeed. We also have a bunch of Marines running around here, recommend hiding your crayons.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
All great questions. First of all I got it for my wife (selfishly 🤗). Four years I bought her a 2016 Camaro RS convertible which she loved very much. However, I found myself hating every moment I had to drive it. It’s the 3.6L V6. Absolutely nothing wrong with it IMHO aside from cramped interior, I’m not a convertible guy, and it doesn’t have the power or rumble of a V8. I was at a Chevy dealer looking to swap it for a 2SS when she actually spotted the HC. We took it for a test drive and I was hooked immediately. It had 19k miles on it and the dealer wanted 54k. I talked him down to 42k and drove off the lot that night. I’m the second owner and So far, extremely impressed, extremely happy, and my wife (most importantly) is extremely happy with the switch.
42k that’s an incredible deal and is She a manual or auto.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
Indeed. We also have a bunch of Marines running around here, recommend hiding your crayons.
Haha 😂

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
Welcome from NY. Beautiful ride, congrats and good luck with it.
Thanks. You’ve got a beauty as well

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Now do not take this the wrong way but your wife and or you could seriously injure yourself in this car. What tires are on her all season or summer performance. If you have the Summer performance tires on cool days below 60 degrees you will bust loose when you get into her. And even the all season tires as well. If your doing let’s say 40-50 mph and you nail it she’s going to bust loose. There a few stories of the wife’s taking these cars and crashing them and yes men as well. Once again not prejudging you nor your wife just sharing how wicked theses cars are and they will get you into a serious situation. Cheers and safe driving.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
Now do not take this the wrong way but your wife and or you could seriously injure yourself in this car. What tires are on her all season or summer performance. If you have the Summer performance tires on cool days below 60 degrees you will bust loose when you get into her. And even the all season tires as well. If your doing let’s say 40-50 mph and you nail it she’s going to bust loose. There a few stories of the wife’s taking these cars and crashing them and yes men as well. Once again not prejudging you nor your wife just sharing how wicked theses cars are and they will get you into a serious situation. Cheers and safe driving.
Tracking all and I appreciate your insight. Luckily my wife has no intention of driving the speed limit or over it, ever!😂 That’s why she was completely content with the 3.6l Camaro, she’s just not into performance cars at all. Matter of fact, she owns the black key and I have the red key. I’ve already felt the power of the HC. It’s completely stock but man does it have power. I’ve done a couple of fishtails on it already and I respect the power.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Hi everybody. I’m totally new to this forum. This is actually the first time I’ve ever signed up for a forum. I’m super excited to be a part of this group. I purchased a Go-Mango 2016 Challenger Hellcat just recently and I’m excited about the possibilities of upgrading it.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #34
To answer your question on tires I’ve got the same tires it came with when I bought it. IDK if these came with the original purchase but they’re Hankook al weathers E5148EA9-D452-4253-9D6B-0937281BA492.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
To answer your question on tires I’ve got the same tires it came with when I bought it. IDK if these came with the original purchase but they’re Hankook al weathers
Pirelli all seasons come with them factory and they suck as far as sticking and bust loose easily. I do not know a lot about the Hankook all weather but probably the same thing. Do you know the SRT pages settings and how to use them? And be sure to always override the traction off and turn it back on when changing settings. This ensures you don’t loose control of the cat until you really know her. Be sure to check the engine oil and most dealers have no clue on other maintenance guidelines. Read the manual for sure and any service history would be nice as well. Look inside the rear fender wells for tire rubber. If you find some this car did some major burnouts which then think about the rear end oil and even check the transmission fluid color and smell.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
Pirelli all seasons come with them factory and they suck as far as sticking and bust loose easily. I do not know a lot about the Hankook all weather but probably the same thing. Do you know the SRT pages settings and how to use them? And be sure to always override the traction off and turn it back on when changing settings. This ensures you don’t loose control of the cat until you really know her. Be sure to check the engine oil and most dealers have no clue on other maintenance guidelines. Read the manual for sure and any service history would be nice as well.
Awesome, I appreciate that ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I added a few things I edited it read it again.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
I’m tracking the SRT page settings.The traction is news to me and I appreciate that.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
To answer your question on tires I’ve got the same tires it came with when I bought it. IDK if these came with the original purchase but they’re Hankook al weathers
Best part of this is at least you know what your first mod should be. No all season tire is going to give you the traction you will need.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m tracking the SRT page settings.The traction is news to me and I appreciate that.
That’s huge it can mean the difference of you losing control and crashing very easily.