Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Help - Scat to Cat comparison

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Okay, I started looking at used HC's. I found an 18 pretty close to everything I want. Here is my window sticker and the Cat Sticker - Give it to me straight. What am I losing by go down a year, what am I gaining besides 200HP!! (yay). Mine has 15K miles, this one has 4K and is of lease.

IF I don't make a deal on this one, it still seems to be the way to go for me used with low miles. Thanks in advance -

Too few doors.... that's the first problem.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Theres one Ferrari in my neighborhood...we see it twice maybe 3 times a year
Three lambos, three bentleys, and shitload of top end Benzs in this small town (and a pasta rocket or two, too) and that blue GT500. And we never see them sons a bitches.... Drive those ****ers man. Let's go.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Three lambos, three bentleys, and shitload of top end Benzs in this small town (and a pasta rocket or two, too) and that blue GT500. And we never see them sons a bitches.... Drive those ****ers man. Let's go.
we have em in the area...none are driven often..my friend has a 17 bently..2dr version...black with cashmere interior..I've been in it a lot...awesome ride...just no way I spend that much on one car...

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Get the Hellcat. Scat pak’s/392’s are great as well but I guarantee if you go with the Scat/392 2 months later a Hellcat will line up next to you at a light and you will be smoked lol. Try and go for a 18+ if you can. Now if can get into a Redeye now your talking!
Like stated above a few small mods and a great tuner you can add an extra 100hp easily to a Hellcat. I know 2 guys that have a 392 and both of them put in 15K$$ plus to try and be faster than a Hellcat. 1 blew his engine.... for that price he should of just got the cat.
Good luck with everything.
Sorry if someone already said what I just said. Didn’t read whole thread.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Well its just about a done deal - Finalizing the numbers and this little ditty will be mine - View attachment 17443
fantastic looking car. excellent choice. Id have gone after that as soon as I saw it.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Well its just about a done deal - Finalizing the numbers and this little ditty will be mine - View attachment 17443

Yeah man that car is GOOD LOOKING! I would have had a hard time resisting too :)

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Great choice! Oddly enough my GF talked me out of getting the SRT392 and glad she did. What's the point of getting that when you'll always want the HC? I'm glad I waited the the year and ordered exactly what I wanted. Nothing wrong with the Scats or in my case the SRT392 just now I have no regrets.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Great choice! Oddly enough my GF talked me out of getting the SRT392 and glad she did. What's the point of getting that when you'll always want the HC? I'm glad I waited the the year and ordered exactly what I wanted. Nothing wrong with the Scats or in my case the SRT392 just now I have no regrets.
Sounds like you should marry her

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Sounds like you should marry her
Lol. Easy man! Issue is she's Italian so she's Gorgeous and bat shit crazy! I'm Greek/Irish and it's a miracle we haven't killed each other yet Lol! Maybe one day but no rush.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If you’re a car guy and you can pay for it, HC is the only way to go.
if you’re not a car guy or you can’t afford it, the Scatty is an excellent bargain.
I imagine it took about 5 minutes behind the wheel of the HC to realize what you’ve been missing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Lol. Easy man! Issue is she's Italian so she's Gorgeous and bat shit crazy! I'm Greek/Irish and it's a miracle we haven't killed each other yet Lol! Maybe one day but no rush.
Yikes...I'm 100% Italian...and have 3 sisters...(I get it)...no way I was marrying one of them...I picked an Irish/German variety...never cooked in 47 years...but too late to dump her now...lol;););)

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Yikes...I'm 100% Italian...and have 3 sisters...(I get it)...no way I was marrying one of them...I picked an Irish/German variety...never cooked in 47 years...but too late to dump her now...lol;););)
Lmao! See you get it! I definitely have to tune her out quite a bit though that's not easy because she only has 1 volume and that's loud! All that said she will do anything for anyone and takes care of everyone above and beyond. Ya man you're a lifer with her!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Charger Hellcat
I bought a scat pack in 2018 and with in 11 months had sold it and moved into a hellcat. As many have said it depends what you want to use it for.

If you're looking for power and racing hellcat is the easy answer.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Apopka
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger Scat Pack
@Designflaw so what was the deal you landed on for the HC if you dont mind sharing?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Last correspondence from OP 2:30 on a Friday afternoon wonder what happened to him:unsure:. Uhm oh yeah he’s out smoking the competition or breaking her in the right way to keep the tradition going. Congrats on your really nice ride and color choice and be sure to take the official PICS with your HC in front of your Garage:cool:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I bought a scat pack in 2018 and with in 11 months had sold it and moved into a hellcat. As many have said it depends what you want to use it for.

If you're looking for power and racing hellcat is the easy answer.
Same thing. Got a Scat off showroom floor July 2016, traded it for a HC July 2017.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
It comforts me that you knew you should not marry your sisters, man.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It comforts me that you knew you should not marry your sisters, man.
Man...as soon as I posted that....I knew there was gonna be trouble...just never figured you'd be the guy to pick up on it...(Conclusion)… your more twisted than I am..kudos Mag..:censored::censored::censored:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Man...as soon as I posted that....I knew there was gonna be trouble...just never figured you'd be the guy to pick up on it...(Conclusion)… your more twisted than I am..kudos Mag..:censored::censored::censored:
Reminds me of a story...this guy was a confirmed bachelor ...his friend owned a dating service..he was hammering him on getting married...said he had just the woman for him..and when he meets her in a month he'd propose...the guy said hey I got two sisters that live with me and take care of all my needs...his bud says...your sisters cant replace what a wife can do for you...the guy replies..I said I got two sisters...never said they were mine;););)

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Reminds me of a story...this guy was a confirmed bachelor ...his friend owned a dating service..he was hammering him on getting married...said he had just the woman for him..and when he meets her in a month he'd propose...the guy said hey I got two sisters that live with me and take care of all my needs...his bud says...your sisters cant replace what a wife can do for you...the guy replies..I said I got two sisters...never said they were mine;););)
BWAAAA-HAAA-HAAA-HA!