Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Holy 60'

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
It's a 6 hour drive for me to go to Jim's track . But I try to get there at lease 4-5 times a year . It's worth the drive . Super friendly track staff . And the prep is second to none .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
It's a 6 hour drive for me to go to Jim's track . But I try to get there at lease 4-5 times a year . It's worth the drive . Super friendly track staff . And the prep is second to none .

I think 12 for us but I don’t remember for sure. I looked it up at one point.
Edit 10 hrs that’s not terrible

Canada won't let us in:unsure:
I thought we just had to be tested

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #104
I think you are lying to us 😂
Congrats!
Thanks and I'm not. LOL

James helped me out with the cat over temp bs I have been fighting with for quite awhile now. The emissions recall lowered the settings real low so that got dealt with. Fuel was added so it wouldn't be so lean.
Then the shift points got raised.
I'm hoping we can add timing to it and get back out next weekend. The weather doesn't look promising though. So this might be it for the year unfortunately.
I kinda want to do more with this before adding boost.
Someone wants me to do the pulley now. LOL
So not bad results for such small adjustments.
The DA rose during the day. Basically close to the same as the last time out I posted.
Unfortunately with most cars put away up here there wasn't much in the way of prepping the track like last time for the rental.
Still the car ran pretty much .2 to .25 quicker than the last time.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #105

That sounds about right. I looked going out your way awhile back and that is around what I remember.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thanks and I'm not. LOL

James helped me out with the cat over temp bs I have been fighting with for quite awhile now. The emissions recall lowered the settings real low so that got dealt with. Fuel was added so it wouldn't be so lean.
I'm hoping we can add timing to it and get back out next weekend. The weather doesn't look promising though. So this might be it for the year unfortunately.
The DA rose during the day. Basically close to the same as the last time out I posted.
Unfortunately with most cars put away up here there wasn't much in the way of prepping the track like last time for the rental.
Congrats on the new times!
Factory setting are normally on the safe side so just some slight adjustment can make a difference
Not sure what Hpindy thought about my logs but Jon thought some stuff looked off on my car and I have not had the recall yet. I want to get it just for the new parts and put a tune in mine next year

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #107
Factory setting are normally on the safe side so just some slight adjustment can make a difference
Not sure what Hpindy thought about my logs but Jon thought some stuff looked off on my car and I have not had the recall yet. I want to get it just for the new parts and put a tune in mine next year
Mine was like that also. That was why I had the recall done only to make things worse.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
You are having the same issue as @moparjim with the cat over temp and low shift points .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thanks and I'm not. LOL

All he did bump the cat over temp a few degrees. Not eliminate it just bump threshold before it comes on .
Also now his car shifts at a predetermined RPM in every gear .
A bit of fuel was added in the PE tables to make it a bit safer .

That's it . The spark advance was not touch from stock . He wanted to see how it did first before he worked on that . This test was really to work with the cat over temp PITA and get the car shifting the same rpm in every gear . I think it worked first attempt out lol .

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #110

If the world gets its shit together and you do ever make the trip.
there are 2 hotels/restaurants within 1/2 mile and that is being generous on distance.
94 is about a mile down the road and I can get ethanol in a barrel basically next to return road.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
All he did bump the cat over temp a few degrees. Not eliminate it just bump threshold before it comes on .
Also now his car shifts at a predetermined RPM in every gear .
A bit of fuel was added in the PE tables to make it a bit safer .

That's it . The spark advance was not touch from stock . He wanted to see how it did first before he worked on that . This test was really to work with the cat over temp PITA and get the car shifting the same rpm in every gear . I think it worked first attempt out lol .

I told @vortecd that I thought his injector Duty cycle was slowing him down. The cats commanding such high PE were maxing them out. I told him he would have got his 10.4 if that wasn't happening. Just to bad these cars are having this issue. I am guessing that is why @moparjim picked up so much time. I should have had him put my gopro in the car. You can usually hear it when the injectors max. I know I did when I played the video back when I did it in the spring.
Above I said I thought factory called for .85 but it actually calls for .86 which is an AFR of 12.
@vortecd car was calling for .71 by the end of the run. Super rich!!
I'm guessing they both are/were hitting limits with the cats. I wish I pulled @vortecd stock file to review. Maybe I'll go out his way later in the week and pull his stock file for review. Then when he does the cat recall we can compare the two files.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I told @vortecd that I thought his injector Duty cycle was slowing him down. The cats commanding such high PE were maxing them out. I told him he would have got his 10.4 if that wasn't happening. Just to bad these cars are having this issue. I am guessing that is why @moparjim picked up so much time. I should have had him put my gopro in the car. You can usually hear it when the injectors max. I know I did when I played the video back when I did it in the spring.
Above I said I thought factory called for .85 but it actually calls for .86 which is an AFR of 12.
I'm guessing they both are/were hitting limits with the cats. I wish I pulled @vortecd stock file to review. Maybe I'll go out his way later in the week and pull his stock file for review. Then when he does the cat recall we can compare the two files.
The "cat over temp" is really slowing these cars down .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Hey @moparjim I think you should try to be the first pump gas stock pulley'd car into the 9's ! I know Simon was in the 9's on stock pulleys but I believe that was on E85 .

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
The "cat over temp" is really slowing these cars down .

With the shift issues did you find that to be with TQM or the shift schedule the trans was selecting? I'm assuming you made all or most the schedules the same so it was more predictive.
1636385285863.png

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
With the shift issues did you find that to be with TQM or the shift schedule the trans was selecting? I'm assuming you made all or most the schedules the same so it was more predictive.
View attachment 57461
On moparjim's car ?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
On moparjim's car ?

Ya.
Sorry I attached a pic of vortecds log and must not have finished the thought on that pic.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Ya.
Sorry I attached a pic of vortecds log and must not have finished the thought on that pic.
I make most of the shift schedules the same ( with the desired shift rpms) The only ones I don't touch are ones like "snow" or "sand" schedules and ones like that . But if @moparjim what's to go off road or plow drives in the winter I will gladly try them help him with those tables

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #118
That is what my car was doing all along. I did the cat recall hoping that it might fix it. I did not think it would make it worse but it did.
My injectors were doing the same as Jim's.
So I am sure the car would have picked up a little by just fixing that. The most pick up was likely by the shift points being raised though.
Nothing we did would explain the 1.48 60' though. Sadly the track is basically winding down and there was mostly street cars so the track wasn't being taken care of as it normally would.
My other runs some tire slip was going on a little. James saw that in the logs. When I did the 1.48 I was the 4th car after 3 race cars.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #119
If you want I can send you my stock file. I think I have both before and after the recall.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #120
Hey @moparjim I think you should try to be the first pump gas stock pulley'd car into the 9's ! I know Simon was in the 9's on stock pulleys but I believe that was on E85 .

It doesn't look good to even try for that as the weather forecast has turned for the worse.🤬. I think he was stuck at 10.01/10.02 and not on pump gas I don't think.😉
If that happens I'm not sure the track will bother to open the week after.
Nick and Carl are trying to get their car sorted out for I assume a race in Florida where they reset the 4cyl et record 3 or 4 times back in 2019. So they will be busy with that and Ronald and Celine will be headed to Florida soon to escape the weather here.
All this to say this weekend may be it for me and I won't be able to get out.

I may have to wait untill spring and the conditions aren't as good in spring. That is when you realize -1000' DA is not always the same -1000 DA and what it does for performance. There is more to it than just that number.

I think there is quite a bit more in it than we have achieved so far. So that means there is a possibility of no pulley untill after next fall.😉