Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hood scoop

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I can hear the collective groan but,FCA have released a new batch of replacements ,I won’t be getting one of this release if I can get one at all being in England.
The reason for my post is,,would anyone be kind enough to post a photo of the damage caused by the original insert on a tor red hood please .I removed mine with minimal damage when I picked it up, I have since cared the hood matte black.
Appreciate any help.🤟

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
received a letter today from Dodge/SRT Brand - new scoops coming soon for affected Demons. Says they'll call each owner when its time to install. also mentions allowance for paint work at the dealership or owners preferred shop [up to $1500]

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
going to pull a Frankenstein, or Frankensteen for the Mel Brooks fans, to see if @DodgeCares has any updates on the Demon Hood Scoop production, ordering, replacement, etc.
Nil heard since receiving the above letter, figured Corona caused a bit of delay, but dealership has no recent info [or a clue]

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Now if they'd do something about all the hoods corroding around the hood latch that'd be great. :whistle::coffee: My previous 12 year old r35 gtr with an aluminum hood never had an issue so to anyone who defends Dodge's poor quality pound sand.
12e9defbfc2140516f61fb6f5421f04d.jpg

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Now if they'd do something about all the hoods corroding around the hood latch that'd be great. :whistle::coffee: My previous 12 year old r35 gtr with an aluminum hood never had an issue so to anyone who defends Dodge's poor quality pound sand.
View attachment 41868
My 15 HC suffers from this corrosion.

My 06 SRT did, too :(

Bob

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
going to pull a Frankenstein, or Frankensteen for the Mel Brooks fans, to see if @DodgeCares has any updates on the Demon Hood Scoop production, ordering, replacement, etc.
Nil heard since receiving the above letter, figured Corona caused a bit of delay, but dealership has no recent info [or a clue]
I've had my scoop replacement for nearly a year now. The replacements (and free install) definitely exist and should be available to all Demon owners at this point.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
View attachment 41868

That's probably the worst one I've seen so far.

Mine had a comparatively mild case when I got it, and I've taken pictures and compared them over the years. It doesn't seem to be increasing in magnitude.

Do you daily drive yours?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I've had my scoop replacement for nearly a year now. The replacements (and free install) definitely exist and should be available to all Demon owners at this point.
It only took an hour or so and the new insert fits perfectly and hasn't had any buckling issues after the hood warms up. FCA did a good job on the replacement.

Last edited:

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
That's probably the worst one I've seen so far.

Mine had a comparatively mild case when I got it, and I've taken pictures and compared them over the years. It doesn't seem to be increasing in magnitude.

Do you daily drive yours?
That is a picture pulled off the scat pack forums. Mine looked similar but not quite as bad.
http://www.scatpackforums.com/board/charger-discussion-3rd-gen-2015-/386958-corrosion-hood.html

Currently the car is at the body shop getting fixed up. Having them re-do the hood and latch area while they are at it - Factory hood wasn't painted well underneath which could be another cause but most likely is galvanic corrosion. Figured paint it and see what happens over the next few years first vs. replace with carbon. Hoping the Mr. Norms stainless latch helps too.
1618919452855.png

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Hi 06SRT10NR,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please follow up with us via PM at your earliest convenience so we can have this looked into further for you.
Rob
Dodge Cares