Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many of y'all hibernate your vehicles?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If there is a silver lining living here in California...no Hellcat hibernation would be it.
Hibernation or evacuation? I know which kind I prefer.
If nothing else, those evacuations are harder to plan for. Especially now that fire season is pretty much a year around thing.

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Yep, 1st salting of the road my summer cars are put away. That will include the cat this year.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I pack my cars in salt year round. Part of the annual canning process my wife oversees.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I like to drive as much as possible, took the Hellcat out yesterday for a short ride, it was a cool day and the car like cool weather... I do "hibernate" during the winter, but more so depending on the weather, since we don't do much salt or sand. I can get opportunities to enjoy during the winter months on occasion...

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I put mine up on the lift Saturday and started winterizing her. Had snow last night with salt being applied to the roads. She’ll be away until April now.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I thought a long drive I had Saturday morning was it. BUT, we have been granted a reprieve! Sixties this week. I have to leave on Wednesday, but will drive it tomorrow. Looks like next Saturday it could get a short drive, then it gets washed, oil changed, coon guts removed from the exhaust, and then it looks like the cover goes on it for a couple of months. It was fun, we learned a lot this year. Did some good laps, bad laps and had some great road cruises. These things are the best!

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I won't drive my RE in the rain, but if it's clear weather in the winter, she's always anxious to go for a ride. If it's raining, I certainly drive my Ram instead, but I'll even take it sometimes during nice weather, simply because it rides and drives very nice and it keeps senseless miles (in some instances) off the RE.

Last edited:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I thought a long drive I had Saturday morning was it. BUT, we have been granted a reprieve! Sixties this week. I have to leave on Wednesday, but will drive it tomorrow. Looks like next Saturday it could get a short drive, then it gets washed, oil changed, coon guts removed from the exhaust, and then it looks like the cover goes on it for a couple of months. It was fun, we learned a lot this year. Did some good laps, bad laps and had some great road cruises. These things are the best!
Similar Michigan forecast and plans.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
One of the perks of living on the westcoast, we don't put cars away in the winter. I alternate with a tacoma and it makes the gas on the hellcat bearable.
Gas is under $2.00/gal for regular at many places here in Central Florida. I guess gas is probably a lot cheaper most places than It is in CA?

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Gas is under $2.00/gal for regular at many places here in Central Florida. I guess gas is probably a lot cheaper most places than It is in CA?
California has high gas prices, in cities like Irvine, it's some of the highest in the nation. But Vegas is around $2.50/gal. It cost me about $35 with a quarter tank left to fill her up, then she only last 2 days :cry:

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
93 is 2.41 gal here...

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
I put mine up this past Sunday. Honestly, didn't drive it even half as much as anticipated, mostly due to this virus thing. Wished I would have looked at what this weeks weather was going to be like!! 60's this time of year is rare. Oh well, considered in storage now. The RE just LOVED the cool 48 degree air before I put it away....but traction suffers too...

-My poor Camaro was only driven once or twice on short trips. Been in the garage other than that.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I only winterize the 68. All the others stay fully operational. It doesn't take much to start them, back them out of the garage, let them run and pull them back in.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Great thing about living in the South, we can drive our cars year round.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Great thing about living in the South, we can drive our cars year round.
Yes, assuming that you can make from the air conditioned house to the air conditioned garage intact.
And then hope that the car's A/C can keep up while you're driving.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Yes, assuming that you can make from the air conditioned house to the air conditioned garage intact.
And then hope that the car's A/C can keep up while you're driving.
C'mon now its not that bad. The worst thing we have to worry about is rain and the occasional hurricane :rolleyes:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
What about the flying critters the size of B52 bomber, and those pesky frogs. All good just busting, when you really think about it no mater where you live there will be some sort of condition that’s not conducive to motoring year round with ideal conditions and only occasional trade offs if there is I am all ears. Then there is the situation that one mans pleasure is another mans aggravation. Remember we are talking about be able to use your car year round under good conditions, without the temperature, too hot, too cold tiers not sticking yet great IAT. Too much rain, too long of snow season, High elevation lousy density, too much humidity too often. This could ensue a year long debate at minimum.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Should call it the s-cool bus . So you can say, like in winter, I just take "the Bus"

My Hemi powered winter beater/bus/taxi, going for it's 15th winter tour ...

20171211_174201.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
C'mon now its not that bad. The worst thing we have to worry about is rain and the occasional hurricane :rolleyes:
True. But you forgot the incessant humidity, oppressive heat, snakes, and alligators.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Should call it the s-cool bus . So you can say, like in winter, I just take "the Bus"

My Hemi powered winter beater/bus/taxi, going for it's 15th winter tour ...

View attachment 28534
Those rock. Back in god knows when I bought my wife a Jaguar XJ8 (in British Racing Green of course) instead of a V8 Magnum (SRT8?), in just that color. She and I have both mentioned we should have gotten the Magnum.