Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many people daily a cat?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I stay around 12mpg and I've only driven it 2k since this time last year. Did a lot better when I did daily it

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I DD but work from home so DD really just means School picks ups and drop offs... We average about 11 days out of the year with snow/ice here in STL so not too bad. Red Key only.. Weeks off the hwy im sit about 12-13mpg, though itll get up to 18-19 with some hwy travel.
Dang. Forgot these come with a black key till you mentioned"Red Key Only".

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
Mine is not a DD. I watch the RPM's go up and the gas tank go down. A simple once around town, maybe 15 miles round trip= 1/4 tank. I love the blower talking. It sings it's happy, lol. I also didn't buy this for MPG, but for fun. My '19 Rubicon is currently my daily, and that's a whole lot of fun in it's own right. T tops off today.(y). I've been blessed.
L J

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I daily'd mine in sunshine and blizzards. The remote start hurt the MPG more than the commute.
Fill up a couple times a week for almost 43000 miles... gas prices or the mpg never seemed to bother me.
The gas light that informed you that you were OUT OF GAS wasn't super helpful, so try to keep 1/4 tank in it. Then you're not scrambling looking for a station with 93 octane on fumes.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Dd since 2018.

13mpg. LOL. Who cares. This thing is a hoot!

After my built 6.1 I was like what's next? Hellcat? Hell yeah!

Bob

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
FWIW - I went from Buffalo to Sandusky averaging 70mph and the dash read 28mpg. That was at about 5400lbs. Beautiful summer day with the AC on and the family was very comfortable. We also took it to Hershey and enjoyed the ride... was an excellent road trip car. Drive it man... drive it and keep driving it.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Mine is not a DD. I watch the RPM's go up and the gas tank go down. A simple once around town, maybe 15 miles round trip= 1/4 tank. I love the blower talking. It sings it's happy, lol. I also didn't buy this for MPG, but for fun. My '19 Rubicon is currently my daily, and that's a whole lot of fun in it's own right. T tops off today.(y). I've been blessed.
L J
What does the Rubicon get for MPGs?

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #32
What does the Rubicon get for MPGs?
i drove a rubicon for 9 years, I will never buy a jeep again. It was horrible on gas for it's little v6. my tacoma has the same 3.5l v6 but it averages around 22, while the rubicon did like 17 if i can remember. The thing I hate the most about that jeep is the wheel wobble or the death wobble. Why don't they fix that? i see it on a lot of fords as well.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The think I hate the most about that jeeps is the wheel wobble or the death wobble. Why don't they fix that? i see it on a lot of fords as well.
Any live axle vehicle can get death wobble. It can be a simple as not having correctly balanced wheels, or as a result of worn components.
"They" don't have any control over how the vehicles are maintained, so they can't fix it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
i drove a rubicon for 9 years, I will never buy a jeep again. It was horrible on gas for it's little v6. my tacoma has the same 3.5l v6 but it averages around 22, while the rubicon did like 17 if i can remember. The think I hate the most about that jeeps is the wheel wobble or the death wobble. Why don't they fix that? i see it on a lot of fords as well.
Can I ask why you kept it for 9 years if you didn't like it? Not being a wise ass, just want to know if there was something it was really good at that you had to have.

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was getting 16 on a plebe Wrangler with 35s. No death wobble, either. Weird.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
i drove a rubicon for 9 years, I will never buy a jeep again. It was horrible on gas for it's little v6. my tacoma has the same 3.5l v6 but it averages around 22, while the rubicon did like 17 if i can remember. The think I hate the most about that jeeps is the wheel wobble or the death wobble. Why don't they fix that? i see it on a lot of fords as well.
I feel your pain on the jeep. I had to over come those hurdles on mine to complete the build. The death wobble you speak of comes to play when you lift them, pretty much changing the geometry of the suspension creates the problem. Long story short i fixed mine with Terefelx goodies and welding on heaver duty shock tower brackets. And yes gets about 14 to 15 mpg.

Attachments

Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
Regarding the MPG, I just ran out and checked. It's 18.6 off the dash. As for the death wobble, for 2019, I couldn't take the Jeep home because of the factory recall of the steering stabilizer. It was "upgraded". Now as for top speed, I hadn't brought it into triple digits, but it does 85- 90 with no issue. Closed roads of course. This is with 7000 miles on the ODO. Personally, I love it. YMMV.

L J

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The death wobble you speak of comes to play when you lift them, pretty much changing the geometry of the suspension creates the problem.
Depends. When I put mine together (spring-over, tie rod behind the axle, correct Ackerman angle, more caster, etc.) it handled a lot better than stock, and never had any wobble.

Well, until I tried Johnny Joints in a doomed-to-fail application - at the frame end of the front shackles.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #39
Can I ask why you kept it for 9 years if you didn't like it? Not being a wise ass, just want to know if there was something it was really good at that you had to have.
I actually did a lot of offroading in it when I lived in South Carolina, my father bought it for me as a high school graduation gift at the time and although I loved it first, I grew to not like it. Its always better to experience something for yourself. That being said they're excellent crawlers.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #40
Depends. When I put mine together (spring-over, tie rod behind the axle, correct Ackerman angle, more caster, etc.) it handled a lot better than stock, and never had any wobble.

Well, until I tried Johnny Joints in a doomed-to-fail application - at the frame end of the front shackles.
The death wobble I experienced was from a stock jeep with no lift. My buddies F-150 is stock as well and does that from time to time. That just unacceptable. The experience at first is crazy. it feels like a less violent tank slap on a motorcycle, now that freaked me out.