Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

is the $4000 lojack fee mandatory?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I feel like Invoice and some is attainable, you might not get all the way to holdback but anything helps.
If you're willing to stray outside your zip code, yes.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
This sounds like the same type of sh*t dealers try to pull when a woman takes her car in. It's amazing the sh*t they can come up with that "needs to be fixed".
Tell 'em to pound sand and find another dealer.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Umm, do we know for sure that Hemidayz is male?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Why not shoot for invoice at minimum and then go for holdback? I feel like Invoice and some is attainable, you might not get all the way to holdback but anything helps.
Hard to do for someone with such little experience

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hemidayz has bought three vehicles so far, from the looks of it.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
They are counting on you thinking that this is the limiting factor in the deal.

Your price should be between Invoice and MSRP, minus Power Dollars, and frankly should be very close to Invoice minus Power Dollars.

Just my opinion.
Yep...all the numbers are on the internet.

If the dealership doesn't want to deal, you have the power of NO.

We have this sealant on the car that you have to pay for....NO. But it's already on there, so we have to charge for it...NO...take it off.

We have this special number all over the car for theft tracking.....NO. It's already on there, so we have to charge for it....NO....take it off.

We want to sell you this many thousands of dollars extra warranty....uh...NO.

Invoice is the price I start at......to go down. I refuse to pay more than invoice for anything new, and I sure as hell ain't paying an ADM.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #27
Umm, do we know for sure that Hemidayz is male?
Yea last time I checked I’m a male, I just don’t have to much experience purchasing any high end new vehicle. You’d be amazed how crazy people get on forums from just an honest question.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I was told on top of the additional MSRP, there's a $4,000 lug nut/lo jack fee. I'm assuming this pays for the Lojack System. I don't see the need to pay for this as my car will be garage kept and I live in a relatively safer neighborhood. On top of the national $7,070 rebate, I would like to find a dealership offering close to $5,000 additional but was told I'd have to pay for that $4,000 lo jack fee. Is the dealer trying to play me? Anybody with similar experience can offer some advice? Much appreciated.
Are you looking for a Challenger or Charger? Which trim level? Color? What kind of prices are you getting from the dealers in your area? That would help us help you.

Check out cars.com and cargurus.com....lots of dealers post on there and you can narrow your search by color, etc. You will see all kinds of prices there and it will help you know where you stand in your area.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I just pulled this right from the LoJack site.....

How much does a LoJack® System cost?
The one-time cost for a LoJack® Stolen Vehicle Recovery System has an MSRP of $695. A LoJack® System with Early Warning, which notifies you if your car is moved without your Key Pass present, has an MSRP of $995.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #30
Hemidayz has bought three vehicles so far, from the looks of it.
Are you looking for a Challenger or Charger? Which trim level? Color? What kind of prices are you getting from the dealers in your area? That would help us help you.
Im trying to purchase a 2020 charger widebody hellcat. Im looking at a lower trim msrp around $73k to $75k. I want to pay around $62k-$63k before taxes. I live in Las Vegas and can travel anywhere in SoCal, does anyone have a dealership they can suggest?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was told on top of the additional MSRP, there's a $4,000 lug nut/lo jack fee. I'm assuming this pays for the Lojack System. I don't see the need to pay for this as my car will be garage kept and I live in a relatively safer neighborhood. On top of the national $7,070 rebate, I would like to find a dealership offering close to $5,000 additional but was told I'd have to pay for that $4,000 lo jack fee. Is the dealer trying to play me? Anybody with similar experience can offer some advice? Much appreciated.
I find it hard to believe they could keep a straight face with that line...:unsure::unsure:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Im trying to purchase a 2020 charger widebody hellcat. Im looking at a lower trim msrp around $73k to $75k. I want to pay around $62k-$63k before taxes. I live in Las Vegas and can travel anywhere in SoCal, does anyone have a dealership they can suggest?
This place in in Virginia. They have a forum contact here that gives a set forum discount +rebates if I remember correctly. This place is right next to DC, and they sell enough that they can afford to discount. This will give you an idea of how much these cars can go for.

Just as an example

https://www.koons.com/all-inventory...Dodge&model=Charger&trim=SRT HELLCAT WIDEBODY

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
You need to tell the dealer you belong to a really cool forum that knows all the tricks to their trade advising you in your purchase. Tell them you have a lawyer @Magnified, an Italian with ties to you know that special uhm club @1971demon, a gun nut @WhipCat, @Markp, racing buddies @Speedy!, @DGatzby, the boss @BULL, a beer buddy @Bowtie Guy, a guard @Hunter, opinionated members @jroyk, @MikeD1, a bouncer @Beast707, some angry Californians @tkracing1, @Hellcatcfp, advisor @Jimmy N., lady confident @Linda's Hell Cat, used car salesman @Slowpoke387, Mopar expert @Stormtrooper1320, daily news @Bkuz, Canadian @moparjim
And yeah then see what they say huh uh huh:cool:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You need to tell the dealer you belong to a really cool forum that knows all the tricks to their trade advising you in your purchase. Tell them you have a lawyer @Magnified, an Italian with ties to you know that special uhm club @1971demon, a gun nut @WhipCat, @Markp, racing buddies @Speedy!, @DGatzby, the boss @BULL, a beer buddy @Bowtie Guy, a guard @Hunter, opinionated members @jroyk, @MikeD1, a bouncer @Beast707, some angry Californians @tkracing1, @Hellcatcfp, advisor @Jimmy N., lady confident @Linda's Hell Cat, used car salesman @Slowpoke387, Mopar expert @Stormtrooper1320, daily news @Bkuz, Canadian @moparjim
I'm MikeD1 and I approve this message !

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Post of the year right there. Thanks for the laugh. Very good...

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
check out desert215superstore.com it says they have 3 there. one is a left over 19 narrowbody for 59k. They have 2 2020 widebody in the price range you stated.
I'm just doing a google search for Nevada Dodge dealers and checking thier sites for charger hellcat. They won't always put that it's a widebody in the title.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That very well maybe the best comment ever! Lmao!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
F*ck it...why wait...lets just dig the hole now...:mad:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You wanna charge me HOW MUCH for LoJack!!?????!!!!

1860845849-goodfellas-o.gif

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #40
check out desert215superstore.com it says they have 3 there. one is a left over 19 narrowbody for 59k. They have 2 2020 widebody in the price range you stated.
I'm just doing a google search for Nevada Dodge dealers and checking thier sites for charger hellcat. They won't always put that it's a widebody in the title.
Hey thanks for the suggestion, I spoke with them today but they don’t really have any of the colors I want, there offering the best deal in town by far, $10k off