Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Is this any good

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
what didn't you like about it?

Thick, slimy, not consistent in application.

You can hand work it for better results, but that's not how it's supposed to be.

"Spray on, rinse off"

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thick, slimy, not consistent in application.

You can hand work it for better results, but that's not how it's supposed to be.

"Spray on, rinse off"
no-no-wait-dammit-i-swear-i-had-something-for-this.jpg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yes?
No?
Am i crazy for wasting money on this shit?
Damn I'm smart for making such a great choice?
Or why am i asking you, you don't know a damn thing?
All of the above. :LOL:

I think it's just fine, there are so many choices now a days that their all pretty good.

OP
W

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #24
It sure would simply life if there was just one top quality product on the shelf...not 25 choices, and all the small print on the back requires a bionic eye to read. I couldn't read a damn word on the back, handed it to my 31 year old sister in law who was with me, she couldn't read it either, girl maybe 20 in the isle near me, I asked her if she could read it, she tried to, but no. I thought for a minute i was just getting too old, and time to just put me out to the retirement pasture.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It sure would simply life if there was just one top quality product on the shelf...not 25 choices, and all the small print on the back requires a bionic eye to read. I couldn't read a damn word on the back, handed it to my 31 year old sister in law who was with me, she couldn't read it either, girl maybe 20 in the isle near me, I asked her if she could read it, she tried to, but no. I thought for a minute i was just getting too old, and time to just put me out to the retirement pasture.
I know what you mean, when I'm going to buy something like this that's in a bottle or can, I try to remember to bring my reading glasses so I can read the small print, if I forget my glasses I'm screwed, so then I just do - iny miny miney mo, & pick one, LOL.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've been using the Meguiar's ceramic wax and the detailer for over a year now on all my cars but today, for the first time, I used the Meguiar's 2 part car wash on my Cuda. Then while the car was still wet, I sprayed the liquid wax (blue bottle) on it and wiped it all over the car. Rinsed it off and dried it. Very easy to do and the results are amazing. Look at that FE5 shine. This product line has my vote. My HC is next.

Attachments

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Anyone have any idea how to remove tree sap ?

Stuff is nasty

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I would highly recommend a silicon-based sealant called Reload made by CarPro or Opti-seal from Optimum Products.

Reload is one of the most-tested sealants on the market, proven mils of thickness added to the surface it is applied that lasts several months, or more if it's out of the elements most of the time. Proven.
Reload is not a silicon based sealant, it is silica, the same properties of ceramic coatings. It does not add mils of thickness, you're lucky to get mils from a true ceramic based coatings, not a spray and wipe product.
True coatings can last many years, depending on the product.

For free sap, use isopropyl alcohol or hand sanitizer.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stuff is nasty
Since it's mostly sugar, use some very warm, almost hot water, and it will dissolve it. Wet a rag and then let it sit on there for a few minutes to soften it up. You can repeat the process as much as you need, depending on how much you agitate the spot with the warm water.

A bucket of hot water also works good for dissolving sap in your chain saw blade. Remove the blade, drop in bucket of hot water, soak and rinse with more hot water.....oil chain afterward.

I gummed up 3 saw blades and was determined that I was not going to just throw them away. Hot water and some oil...good as new.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Reload is not a silicon based sealant, it is silica, the same properties of ceramic coatings. It does not add mils of thickness, you're lucky to get mils from a true ceramic based coatings, not a spray and wipe product.

A good friend of mine is a certified Carpro detailer, just going off what he told me a few years ago so forgive me for not being completely accurate, but this is what autogeek has to say about it:

Reload Spray Sealant is not your typical spray wax! Reload is ***made of a water base plus special modified Silica*** - the same compound found in glass. The silica gives Reload its fantastic light reflecting properties and a slick shine. Dirt can't stick and water beads on contact!
Reload Spray Sealant forms a ***thick,*** substantial coating. In fact, a Reload coating helps prevent fine scratches on paintwork. It can also be used on rubber, plastic, and glass.

More on ReLoad:

Sio2 INFUSED = CERAMIC SEALANT
A lot of companies throw the word "ceramic" around now and as a Professional Detailer of exotic cars, it drives me a little nuts! Detailers like myself see right past the crazy marketing and know they are full of themselves when they say it's "Real Ceramic". CarPro Reload has 5% Sio2 in the bottle. This means it has ceramic in it but by no means makes it a true or real ceramic. It is an amazing product that can be applied a few different ways and will give you water beading and characteristics of real ceramic but it won't last years like real ceramic or give you some of the other benefits of real ceramic. I'm telling you this because you deserve a no spin-no marketing hype explanation as to what this and other products like it truly are. We like to call this type of product a Ceramic Sealant. Just like we had wax, then polymer based sealants, now we have ceramic sealants that are better than polymer sealants, and then real ceramic is the pinnacle.

- And as far as thickness, a mil is 1/1000 of an inch, and a coat of ReLoad...if I remember my friend correctly...saying that he would measure an extra 1-2 mils of thickness after applying a coat. He also said it is a very tested product in a wide variety of conditions, more than anything else on the market.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

Stuff is nasty
Yeah I was going to say, warm water is your friend on this one, as much as it takes.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Thanks guys

I ll try these ideas
I tried bug & tar remover yesterday & it did ZERO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Macedon
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I’ve used 100% isopropyl alcohol to remove tree sap, tar, bugs, etc. all over my vehicles. It works great! I’ve also used it with great success to clean the windshield of tiny flecks of sap and bugs. It makes a great glass cleaner.

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Thanks guys

I ll try these ideas
I tried bug & tar remover yesterday & it did ZERO
Try rubbing alcohol

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
The alcohol & warm water seem to be popular

I ll try the warm water on the box cover & the alcohol on the paint

For some reason my pine trees were rich with sap this year & I m a dumb ass for parking under them

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
OK so I caught up with my detailer friend who said a layer of ceramic coating can add 1-2 microns, a mil = 1/1000 of an inch and a mil is 25.4 microns, and a silicon dioxide sealant spray sealant like ReLoad is difficult to even measure up to 1 micron, so you are definitely correct on that one.

ReLoad is a very proven and tested product by CarPro in many different conditions and climates though, that is true.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The alcohol & warm water seem to be popular

I ll try the warm water on the box cover & the alcohol on the paint

For some reason my pine trees were rich with sap this year & I m a dumb ass for parking under them
I really can't believe that you didn't try a little beer to get it off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
OK so I caught up with my detailer friend who said a layer of ceramic coating can add 1-2 microns, a mil = 1/1000 of an inch and a mil is 25.4 microns, and a silicon dioxide sealant spray sealant like ReLoad is difficult to even measure up to 1 micron, so you are definitely correct on that one.

ReLoad is a very proven and tested product by CarPro in many different conditions and climates though, that is true.
I m not sure I read this correctly
So switching microns to inches

1 micron or .001mm = .00003937 inches Barely measurable for sure
1 mill = .03937 inches

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I really can't believe that you didn't try a little beer to get it off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well it is alcohol

I did have a beer in my right hand while I did some rubbing ( don t say it ) with my left (y)

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
If it’s just a sap mist that make the surface feel rough, as opposed to blobs of sap, clay bar worked great for me. Finish was glass smooth afterwards.