Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

It Has To End Eventually I Guess

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Now where did I put that magic wand? There haven't been any significant advances in battery technologies in decades. And those miracle batteries aren't going to be enough, you need a way to recharge those batteries. And since California already has rolling blackouts because they can't handle their current electric needs that should work out fine.

What it will do is make you more reliant on the government. Anyone can drive down to the gas station and fill their tank but what do you do when the government-regulated electric utility tells you you've used up your fair allotment of electricity for the month?
You think petrochemicals arent regulated?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Personally, I think E.V.’s will be biggest flop since Edsel. They just don’t make sense to me...at least right now.
Gasoline engines didn't either at this stage in adoption. But the major OEM frenzy and governmental backing world wide is changing that equation very fast.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
What interests me about this is dodge is seeking patents. Now I really want to see that. If they have a new angle.on this I'd be very interested to see.it. perhaps though it is only a minor change to existing art. But boy would it be nice if it was cutting edge new sheet of paper tech.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
My understanding is the Government restrictions are getting so tight that the big fat cars with over 700hp come with lots of financial penalties
&
Can t meet new regulations based on the current ( old ) platform

Fart noise

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
2024 is the last year for the charger. Just announced.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
It looks like based on announcements from Dodge there truly will be some overlap between our current and new. This gives everyone an option to evaluate new vrs old. Options aren’t always bad. Could be worse they could just keep it secret till it’s too late and your stuck waiting to see if new platform is right for you. Then your screwed if you don’t like it. At least one can order the last of what they like before the curtain closes. I think vette should have kept C7 and C8 with some sort of overlap. Why not the old platform paid for itself. More profit for them and make more people happy with the brand overall. .02

Last edited:

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
You think petrochemicals arent regulated?
My point wasn't about regulation, it was about control.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
What interests me about this is dodge is seeking patents. Now I really want to see that. If they have a new angle.on this I'd be very interested to see.it. perhaps though it is only a minor change to existing art. But boy would it be nice if it was cutting edge new sheet of paper tech.
Should adopt the hybrid deal

A coworker bought a 4xe on my suggestion and now it has me a little jealous as it will run 14s and he can use 0 gas driving to and from work.
Going on an extended trip, gas engine will take care of that.

Adopt that technology to a 500hp car that weighs in under 4000lbs and Dodge will have some special IMO.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Boris I agree with most of your point of views but as far as VW taking a massive shit on this country by wanting all the zip and performance yet not meeting emissions and setting pcm to lie just to make HUGE money. How’s the largest criminal fine in history to the tune of 2.8 Billion sound. Yup thats a capital “B” that VW worked real hard to get. With 11 million rigged cars across the world And about 500,000 in America. We are now dimming the lights again like in1971on ice power just few short years after 2017 fine ruling. I will say at least our ice cars make insane power and did it with ball busting oversight of EPA regulations. Perhaps we would would be enjoying more outrageous power by now if it weren’t for a shit turd foreign company doing stuff like that antagonizing the EPA cart. Just my point of view towards VW not you bro.
I don’t care if they bolt a 160 million HP EPA compliant Saturn 5 Rocket to their car they lost me. I do own an American diesel truck & love the Torque that was EPA compliant at the same time. I also enjoy your posts, not being critical on you man. Just stating my distrust and anger towards VW causing EPA to be even more controlling because of that exact kind off thing.
Guess everyone knows how I feel towards Jokes Wagon. They really took it to the limits. 11,500,000 cars, if America did that the world would be looking for our heads. Oh wait they already are.
What VW did in 2007 wasn't illegal

That came years later trying to get better performance out of stricter diesel laws.

But I understand your frustration, I sold all my VW shit and haven't looked back. Dieselgate was part of it but also their arrogance towards the American marketplace in general.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
1638296050418.png

Guy is a tesla fan....

But was driving a 1992 GMC Safari minivan - maroon in color - when he crashed and rolled the vehicle. No insurance, no registration, driving while license suspended, DUI, etc..., yet was able to make bail. This was in Illinois just a day or two ago.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Read this AOC and others.

WHEN I CAN CHARGE MY EV UP SIMULTANEOUSLY WHILE PISSING AT THE SERVICE STATION, THEN MAYBE. Until that SOB can be charged as fast as a petro fill-up, then they have something. Until then, stick it!

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I was washing my car last year when one of my neighbors came by walking his dog. He owns the big Tesla. He said " Nice car but mine is faster " I answered " I'll race you to SanFrancisco and wave to you on my way back while you're charging" He has not spoke to me since.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Does he look like the dude with the minivan? :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

WHEN I CAN CHARGE MY EV UP SIMULTANEOUSLY WHILE PISSING AT THE SERVICE STATION, THEN MAYBE. Until that SOB can be charged as fast as a petro fill-up, then they have something. Until then, stick it!
lol I'm sure you mean "stick with it" right?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I will just fill the gas tank with the over flow tube coming out of the dea hue him if ier macgine. Octane should be 125. Better shine.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
lol I'm sure you mean "stick with it" right?
No for clarity, I mean she and others can stick it. Stick it up between their rear cheeks. Until I can do what I said, the EV’s can be shoved right up to where the sun don’t shine.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
View attachment 58660

Guy is a tesla fan....

But was driving a 1992 GMC Safari minivan - maroon in color - when he crashed and rolled the vehicle. No insurance, no registration, driving while license suspended, DUI, etc..., yet was able to make bail. This was in Illinois just a day or two ago.
What a clown!!😂 He probably thinks he some sort of cool badass😂😂😂. Punk.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
No for clarity, I mean she and others can stick it. Stick it up between their rear cheeks. Until I can do what I said, the EV’s can be shoved right up to where the sun don’t shine.
I knew what you meant my friend. Just playing straight man

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Hell, if they could do it even twice as slow (without compromising the cell life), I'd be more willing to talk about it.

Something on the order of 10mins or so would be viable, not hours and hours for a partial charge, and then only at charge rates that significantly reduce cell life.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Where's all the lithium for these EV batteries going to come from? Looks like Stellantis has a plan - Germany....
https://techcrunch.com/2021/11/29/s...ply-agreement-to-secure-ev-battery-materials/

-Guess we'll continue to rely on other countries to supply critical products to our country......good plan right? Like all the chips we've been waiting on from Taiwan.

-Meanwhile, let's shut down our own fossil fuel industry in the name of "Global Warming" and drive another nail in our coffin while all the "developing" countries like China continue to pollute as they wish.....

It would be nice if our Reps in DC would put just a little thought into how we're going to get rid of fossil and convert to EV's without being even further dependent on other countries....