Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just bought a 2006 VOI.9 Viper (Rare Arrow car!)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Not hating on anyone here but the vette (older vette) has always seemed like a douchbag car to me. Or for the middle age dude trying to recapture his youth.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #62
lets get the sound note downloaded to the site. Good way to have some fun till you put it out into the wild in the spring. Several blips of the pedal wouldn’t hurt either, of vid/audio clip for us purist to enjoy. Beautiful ride, & good taste in car selections.
Fair enough. Hopefully, get some decent weather to pull her out of the garage and run for a bit. I am off for the next week.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #63
Take for example when I was 9 years old, I had the chance to go down to my local Plymouth dealer check off a few boxes on the order sheet of a 1971 Hemi ‘Cuda Convertible. I think only 5 or 6 people chose that combo. Wish I had. Now if Dodge would only build that Hellaphant time machine fast enough to make time go backwards, I could have a second crack at getting it.
You would have been the world's richest 9 year old! :p

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #64
You too 1971demon, as your selection is similar/same as illegal has. A little over a year ago had the chance to buy last run of Viper, it was new unregistered at local dealer near me. just wasn’t crazy about yellow color now I wish I had taken the leap. Bet It wouldn’t have been hard for color to grow on me, even if it hadn’t I would have been able to trade/sell towards a color of my liking.
Here you go, Demoniccat. 'Njoi!

This one with some help from Wifey...lol

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Here you go, Demoniccat. 'Njoi!

This one with some help from Wifey...lol

The crowd asked and you delivered. Worth the wait. Very nice!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
@Illegal_Demon

Off of the golf course, nice.

; )

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I must admit l liked the sound of the crank popping 10 jugs up and down @ 6,000 RPM during the high way test drive video. Just wanted to hear what the car sounded like idling stationary with a few blips of the pedal, being the case it has headers and cam. I have been on those very roads the vid was shot on many times with various cars, damn near rolled a couple of different cars as the the highway goes into some pretty nasty turns a few miles downstream of video.

Last edited:
OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #68
UPDATE: Christmas in July! :p

7 months after locating the original owner, he FINALLY sent me all the original documentation showing, once and for all that this is a 1/9 Unicorn Viper. Paperwork from Arrow, emails back and forth with Dodge, docs he had to sign (or not get the car) that invalidated the warrantee! Dodge even send him all the OEM parts that came off the car prior to delivery (full exhaust system, incl exhaust manifolds, original chip, camshaft, etc). Too bad that stuff didn't make it past year 5. :( Still, I am ecstatic. As many of you guys will agree, having a paper trail on any performance car is gold. It was the only thing I was missing on this awesome machine. I am so glad he saved everything!

PS It also was sorta fitting that this "gift" came THREE DAYS after we finally got back into our house after the fires from 12/29/21. The record of 190 days without the family sleeping in our house is OVA! :love:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
UPDATE: Christmas in July! :p

7 months after locating the original owner, he FINALLY sent me all the original documentation showing, once and for all that this is a 1/9 Unicorn Viper. Paperwork from Arrow, emails back and forth with Dodge, docs he had to sign (or not get the car) that invalidated the warrantee! Dodge even send him all the OEM parts that came off the car prior to delivery (full exhaust system, incl exhaust manifolds, original chip, camshaft, etc). Too bad that stuff didn't make it past year 5. :( Still, I am ecstatic. As many of you guys will agree, having a paper trail on any performance car is gold. It was the only thing I was missing on this awesome machine. I am so glad he saved everything!

PS It also was sorta fitting that this "gift" came THREE DAYS after we finally got back into our house after the fires from 12/29/21. The record of 190 days without the family sleeping in our house is OVA! :love:
Congrats!! @Illegal_Demon Sounds like things are looking up. 👍

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Congrats! It all works out in the end!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Beautiful Ride. Home sweet home is where it’s at.