Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just bought a 2006 VOI.9 Viper (Rare Arrow car!)

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #41
510hp + 135hp = 645hp

645hp * .85(drivetrain) *.85(altitude) = 466bhp
So you think +135 for those mods? That's a fair guess I think...

As for that damn altitude hit. It's painful, I know you hate it as much as I do! Though, I think supercharged motors have less of a hit than NA motors. Not sure how much less tho...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
While it's all large variables, the tune could do just about anything on the scale, right?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Roger that on not bothering with the roadster. Coupes were always the better looking chassis for the Viper in my opinion.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
beautiful car, congrats

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #45
beautiful car, congrats
Thank you Madness...

I wanted to add this. It's a very short offloading video from 2 weeks ago. Sounds like the snake is about to pounce! :devilish:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hope you have sum good knees?? Congrats on the find.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Performance figures?

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #48
Performance figures?
Lol, from me, already? Yeah man, having the car for 2 weeks in the winter in Colorado, I'll have to wait til spring for that. I still need to get emissions and DMV action going in the next month or so. If you mean what does it have? I plan to dyno I'm not 100% sure yet but somewhere in the range of 610-630hp at the crank is my best guess. Not bad for a 3400lb car from 15 years ago. The Mopar Performance Option on the 9 Arrow VOI9s is rumored to add about 100-125hp to the base '06 Viper. 1/4 mile should be 11.5s range with 0-60 close to 3.5s. Comparable to '05-06 Ford GTs of the same time. Straightline performance notwithstanding, the forte of the car is how it handles (which is something our Challengers are not exactly known for). So I feel like I have all aspects of the road covered now that this sits next to the Demon.:cool:

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Beautiful car and congrats! I actually regret selling my black 03 Gen 3 Viper with 10,000 miles. Did it thinking that HC was much cooler because it had more HP and was the latest and greatest. That was 2016 and although I still love the HC, it isn't as much fun as the Viper was and thanks to Dodge isn't near as exclusive as the Viper has become. Only thing about the Viper I didn't like was the exhaust note and getting in and out of it wasn't as easy as the HC. Small things to complain about indeed. Love the color combo you bought.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #50
Beautiful car and congrats! I actually regret selling my black 03 Gen 3 Viper with 10,000 miles. Did it thinking that HC was much cooler because it had more HP and was the latest and greatest. That was 2016 and although I still love the HC, it isn't as much fun as the Viper was and thanks to Dodge isn't near as exclusive as the Viper has become. Only thing about the Viper I didn't like was the exhaust note and getting in and out of it wasn't as easy as the HC. Small things to complain about indeed. Love the color combo you bought.
I agree on everything you said. Love the exclusivity of the Viper. 32K made (1992-2017). Over 500K Corvettes built over that same period! When was the last time you even saw a Viper in the wild? it's been years for me. As for the exhaust note, this one is different since it has factory headers and exhaust which DEFINITELY change the note for the normal UPS sound. this one sounds BADAZZ...Only had it two weeks but love it already. Stiff responsive ride with massive seat in the pants acceleration is tough to beat. The looks are killer too...esp Gen 3 coupes imo

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I agree on everything you said. Love the exclusivity of the Viper. 32K made (1992-2017). Over 500K Corvettes built over that same period! When was the last time you even saw a Viper in the wild? it's been years for me. As for the exhaust note, this one is different since it has factory headers and exhaust which DEFINITELY change the note for the normal UPS sound. this one sounds BADAZZ...Only had it two weeks but love it already. Stiff responsive ride with massive seat in the pants acceleration is tough to beat. The looks are killer too...esp Gen 3 coupes imo
Yer right..even @ the larger coffee n cars here..you rarely see vipers...thats a huge contrast...500k vs 30k...seems impossible...:unsure::unsure:

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #52

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
lets get the sound note downloaded to the site. Good way to have some fun till you put it out into the wild in the spring. Several blips of the pedal wouldn’t hurt either, of vid/audio clip for us purist to enjoy. Beautiful ride, & good taste in car selections.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
You too 1971demon, as your selection is similar/same as illegal has. A little over a year ago had the chance to buy last run of Viper, it was new unregistered at local dealer near me. just wasn’t crazy about yellow color now I wish I had taken the leap. Bet It wouldn’t have been hard for color to grow on me, even if it hadn’t I would have been able to trade/sell towards a color of my liking.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You too 1971demon, as your selection is similar/same as illegal has. A little over a year ago had the chance to buy last run of Viper, it was new unregistered at local dealer near me. just wasn’t crazy about yellow color now I wish I had taken the leap. Bet It wouldn’t have been hard for color to grow on me, even if it hadn’t I would have been able to trade/sell towards a color of my liking.
3 years ago I was in the same boat...I coulda bought a new one @ a deep discount..the color..that "baby blue"..as I already have two vipers..and wasn't crazy but the color..I passed..it was a steal..I shoulda pulled the trigger:(:(

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
AKA ”Petty blue” it goes back to early 70s when it was a Mopar color available. Per Richard petty the color came about when a car was being prepped for a race, they were going to paint it the usual darker color blue used at the time. Only problem was they didn’t have enough dark blue to cover whole car so they mixed it with white. Petty blue was the color from then on

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
AKA ”Petty blue” it goes back to early 70s when it was a Mopar color available. Per Richard petty the color came about when a car was being prepped for a race, they were going to paint it the usual darker color blue used at the time. Only problem was they didn’t have enough dark blue to cover whole car so they mixed it with white. Petty blue was the color from then on
I heard that..@ the time I thought the color was just too trendy..to make matters worse the car was in Columbus Ohio about six hours away from Buffalo...three of us went there with a trailer..one of the guys ended up buying it..drove it for a week..but had some sort of hearing disorder and the drone of the exhaust note gave him severe headaches....he offered me the car for 8 grand less than he paid for it...I was a fool not once but twice...just one more example of why I am the Forum King of all idiots...(I get sick just talkin about it)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Not just you, we all have had opportunities we snoozed on so go easy on ya self.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Take for example when I was 9 years old, I had the chance to go down to my local Plymouth dealer check off a few boxes on the order sheet of a 1971 Hemi ‘Cuda Convertible. I think only 5 or 6 people chose that combo. Wish I had. Now if Dodge would only build that Hellaphant time machine fast enough to make time go backwards, I could have a second crack at getting it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not just you, we all have had opportunities we snoozed on so go easy on ya self.
Your right I guess...but it wasn't my worst. that got away..that one involved an original Cobra..the 289 version..back in 1984...I refuse to tell that story..it was an original unrestored car..from the original British. elderly owner :cry::cry::cry::cry: