Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #261
The nine second pass in all its glory. The commentary is 🔥.

Multiple angles, this car was booking. Thinking about going again today.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Nice passes & vid ! but can I ask you about your burnout technique ? ie..what gear ? in manual mode or leave it in auto ?
it sounds like your spinning a little off the line ?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #263
Did spin off the line. I was last car on the line again and so the prep after all the other TnT cars was meh. I wasnt the only car.

For burnout this is my technique. Activate line lock in Tazer. Hold full throttle for three seconds and let out and coast to lights. From there hold traction control button to turn off. Sometimes my Tazer doesnt hood line lock and I get what I get.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Did spin off the line. I was last car on the line again and so the prep after all the other TnT cars was meh. I wasnt the only car.

For burnout this is my technique. Activate line lock in Tazer. Hold full throttle for three seconds and let out and coast to lights. From there hold traction control button to turn off. Sometimes my Tazer doesnt hood line lock and I get what I get.
I use to use my burnbox for line lock but it would change the mode settings afterwards & would have to remember to switch it back, too much to do to get ready for a pass & get focused. I don't touch the TC button either. Now I foot brake the burnout, PM sent, if you want to try it ?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@fumanchu182 Glad for you to get the 9 slip.

Congrats!
Linda :)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I use to use my burnbox for line lock but it would change the mode settings afterwards & would have to remember to switch it back, too much to do to get ready for a pass & get focused. I don't touch the TC button either. Now I foot brake the burnout, PM sent, if you want to try it ?
Mine has switched it this year also after putting it in the trunk. Next outings going to put back under the dash. Never had an issue with it under the dash

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Mine has switched it this year also after putting it in the trunk. Next outings going to put back under the dash. Never had an issue with it under the dash
Not sure that will change anything. It started awhile back after one of the updates. If I remember correctly mine switched the modes even hooked up under the dash before I relocated to the trunk.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Not sure that will change anything. It started awhile back after one of the updates. If I remember correctly mine switched the modes even hooked up under the dash before I relocated to the trunk.
Only way to find out is try it. I have not updated mine since having it and had no issues last year

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yep, it doesn't matter, does the same thing, mine was under dash.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I know what you guys are saying but mine never did it last year. Made over 30 passes.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yea,,,, what he and she said.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I don't remember my Burnbox HC doing the switch drive mode thing either. I have done a couple updates but don't recall which one is in mine now. Sometimes I'll see the "can't switch modes" message on the dash, but I make the run as usual and the log never shows the mode is other than what I've selected.

Has anyone checked with ZAutomotive to see what they say?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I don't remember my Burnbox HC doing the switch drive mode thing either. I have done a couple updates but don't recall which one is in mine now. Sometimes I'll see the "can't switch modes" message on the dash, but I make the run as usual and the log never shows the mode is other than what I've selected.

Well. I feel like a hypocrite. No I have not checked with them but I should have. I have just read about this issue happening a lot over the years. I get mad at people at work when they don’t proactively try chasing down a problem and just assuming.
I experience the same issue. I have done 0 trouble shooting on it. I will say if I remember correctly I left it in steeet once on accident and it did not do it. It stayed in street. I think
Are all of you doing your burn out in custom mode with traction on sport? Maybe I will try doing the burn out in sport and then switch to custom. It would be easier then playing with the traction modes.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #275

the can’t switch modes is from the pcm firmware, people were mashing the accelerator in street and going to track, engine could handle it but the trans switching maps was hurting them. The ideal situations are car warm, open loop ready and no load to switch. Cruise control will also cancel the map switch depending on load.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

it's very subtle, didn't actually change the mode, it gives a warning at the bottom of the screen, that it's put the traction mode on & you may not know it if you don't see it.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I don't disable traction control at the strip. Maybe that's why I've never noticed.

I simply set my car in my custom mode, ease in to the water box, paddle down to set manual shift mode, push my chicklet button activating the burnbox, I hear a chime and the dash blinks about the abs and all that, I ease down on the throttle and click through a couple gears, release chicklet, and rollout.

Ease to the line, stage, launch.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I don't disable traction control at the strip. Maybe that's why I've never noticed.

I simply set my car in my custom mode, ease in to the water box, paddle down to set manual shift mode, push my chicklet button activating the burnbox, I hear a chime and the dash blinks about the abs and all that, I ease down on the throttle and click through a couple gears, release chicklet, and rollout.

Ease to the line, stage, launch.
Yeah, I never push the traction button to turn off either, I use to do burnout with burnbox in sport that's when it would give the warning, then switched to custom & it would reset, now I do everything in custom, so that may be the difference & my confusion & what I use to see. But I do foot brake burnout now & don't have the burnbox even plugged in, just in case it throws any nanies at it, for me it's easier than pushing buttons. I only use the burnbox for cool down mode & plug in only for that.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
And it may be a ca-wink-a-dink but it seemed to get a little better ET's when the burnbox was not plugged in ? :whistle:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Watchin Street Outlaws got me motivated to take the car to US 19 for a rompin. Can't deny the neighbors of that sound. Ha.