Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New member from New Mexico

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome! I am in Albuq also. I bought my preowned 2017 HC from Melloy. Fair deal. I have used them for service on our Challenger and Charger since then. Think they have been fair and good. Best wishes on the Durango hunt!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hi everyone, I don't own a Doge yet but after seeing the Durango Hellcat video I'm seriously
looking into getting a Durango SRT.

I went to a local dealer and worked out a price for a Durango RT but I probably won't be satisfied
unless I get the SRT. So, I joined to learn what I can here about the Durango.

When we got ours, we first drove the RT, and then the SRT. (We have an older '06 5.7L Durango).

After getting in the SRT I knew that was the only way to go. Ours is a '19, so HC wasn't an option.

The SRT is worth the extra $, it is so much more vehicle than the RT. It's not even a comparison.

I've got my Challenger HC, and my PW. I like driving the DSRT just as much either of the other two.

We're considering an upgrade to the DHC, but it will be a significant hit to trade in the DSRT.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I own a 20' DSRT, so I'll chime in as well. The Durango SRT is a bit overpriced when you compare the Challenger/Charger variations from base to SRT.

But, like Bull says above, there's a big separation from R/T to SRT. I bought mine solely for the ridiculousness of it. 5500lbs. 475hp and AWD. It's a gigglefest to hammer down on. 😂

The HellCat Durango is going to be even more so.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
When we got ours, we first drove the RT, and then the SRT. (We have an older '06 5.7L Durango).

After getting in the SRT I knew that was the only way to go. Ours is a '19, so HC wasn't an option.

The SRT is worth the extra $, it is so much more vehicle than the RT. It's not even a comparison.

I've got my Challenger HC, and my PW. I like driving the DSRT just as much either of the other two.

We're considering an upgrade to the DHC, but it will be a significant hit to trade in the DSRT.
Will you stop whinin bout money....;);)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I own a 20' DSRT, so I'll chime in as well. The Durango SRT is a bit overpriced when you compare the Challenger/Charger variations from base to SRT.

But, like Bull says above, there's a big separation from R/T to SRT. I bought mine solely for the ridiculousness of it. 5500lbs. 475hp and AWD. It's a gigglefest to hammer down on. 😂

The HellCat Durango is going to be even more so.
giglin is good...it beats stutterin...