Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Stock Demon Record 9.55!!!

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Something as basic as a good tail wind can do wonders....

In general I m amazed how these cars ( Cats, Stinkeyes, Demons, etc ) perform with or without mods

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
After these storms rolled through.

Perfect run Ron! Screenshot_2020-01-17-04-50-21.png

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
We were happy for Ron on the first page, and now we want to know how he did it! Nobody is trying to discredit anything, nothing but respect - but Ron didn’t get 100lbs lighter and the car didn’t pick up power out of nowhere... and -DA only gets so negative... prep only gets so good. I’m not the only one who thinks something dramatic changed that allowed 2 Demons in the last month or so to break the record, so curiosity might carry this thread on a little longer. @DRAGRCR
I will tell you how I did it. I removed the 19 mph head wind. I actually beat the 9.65 last year with my heavier rims/tires and so on.
I have time slips to prove it.

Last year with the head wind and I ran out of fuel just after the 1/8th mile. So maybe 4 more pounds of fuel I would have made a complete pass......3.96 at the 330 ft way ahead of the 4.01 on the 9.64 pass below. 3.966 X 330.jpg

This year without the head wind (no tail wind either, sorry) .....

9.55.jpg

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
"I removed the 19 mph head wind"

Or that too Ron

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I will tell you how I did it. I removed the 19 mph head wind. I actually beat the 9.65 last year with my heavier rims/tires and so on.

Last year with the head wind and I ran out of fuel just after the 1/8th mile. So maybe 4 more pounds of fuel I would have made a complete pass......3.96 at the 330 ft way ahead of the 4.01 on the 9.64 pass below. View attachment 10569

View attachment 10570
Awesome job Ron I knew you could do it! Wish I could be there! John

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ron Silva reset the Stock Demon record this past weekend at HRP.
He went 9.550 @ 140.88!!

I don't have easy means to post the timeslip but I'm sure someone
will be along that can. Great job Ron! I'm looking forward to seeing
what the group can accomplish this coming weekend at the Legion
event. Especially you and Tim.
Yeah , Ron ( DRAGRCR ) posted the time slip on my thread ( 1/12/20 Track Rental Day ) I'll see if I can copy & paste it ?
Edit - never mind , I see the time slips are posted already.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Last year with the head wind and I ran out of fuel just after the 1/8th mile. So maybe 4 more pounds of fuel I would have made a complete pass......3.96 at the 330 ft way ahead of the 4.01 on the 9.64 pass below. View attachment 10569

View attachment 10570
Congrats Ron , well done !

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Great 60’.
Cant believe it’s knocking on 5s!
Thanks for the update Ron! Way to kick ass.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Is this legit. Like no dispute? Just asking .

can we all just finally say that they beat the same time as dodge did?

Just wanna get that out there. And why wouldn’t Dodge come out and make a huge story about this. Like a little documentary for advertising the brand.

we all need to make sure this can’t be disputed as this is a huge accomplishment. The different wheel and tires and battery...just wanna make sure we can all say this is done and over with.

i think the best answer has been @Marc W seems like a solid answer. The only thing different is just it’s not the exact same car, like literally an exact same demon setup. That’s all.

great job Ron. Your faster than my modified 1000whp car in a stock car. That’s sick.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
One last thing. 😂....... To start with, the Demon that Leah drove on that advertised 9.65 was not a production car. It was not inspected and certified by any legitimate body afterwards. Nobody but Dodge knows what was done to that car as far as tuning or anything else that might have impacted performance. Do you even know if the rubber compound in that set of Drag Radials was the same as came on the production cars? Didn’t think about that did you? As far as the tune that might be in Ron’s or anybody else’s Demon going after that time.... do you think the tune in Leah’s Demon was less than maxed to get that performance? I seriously doubt it could be improved on with tuning. It was already tuned and probably not the same as what was to come in the production cars. Do you think that considering what Dodge was trying to do on that planned for perfect day and condition was to do anything less than what was possible? They did everything they could to shock the automotive performance world and anybody who doubts that they wouldn’t stack the deck for that purpose is just naive. Consequently..... that is not a technically legit record. That would require a tear down inspection and verification that the car was in fact identical to a for purchase production model. That was not done, so way too much was left open to question from the beginning. What Ron or anybody else is doing to challenge the Demon performance questions should be discussed (and even questioned), but not nitpicked. The “but he’s running different tires” people should just stfu. No real racer goes to the track and wastes his time and wear on the car running a tire that is not suited for what he’s doing. The NHRA says a DOT Radial is accepted in a stock catagory as legal and..... that is that. I guess that people who are not racers don’t understand that. As far as Ron goes..... he is a racer. He’s also a fanatic. He travels the country and sleeps in his truck if he needs to to do this. He’s made something like a thousand passes in that car and knows what he’s doing. All the garage queen Demon owners out there should be sending him thank you cards because he and the few racing against him are why you can tell people you have a nine second Demon.

Last edited:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Why was the original record Demon lighter than a stock Demon? Is this documented somewhere? First I've heard of this.
110lb driver....

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
One last thing. 😂....... To start with, the Demon that Leah drove on that advertised 9.65 was not a production car. It was not inspected and certified by any legitimate body afterwards. Nobody but Dodge knows what was done to that car as far as tuning or anything else that might have impacted performance. Do you even know if the rubber compound in that set of Drag Radials was the same as came on the production cars? Didn’t think about that did you? As far as the tune that might be in Ron’s or anybody else’s Demon going after that time.... do you think the tune in Leah’s Demon was less than maxed to get that performance? I seriously doubt it could be improved on with tuning. It was already tuned and probably not the same as what was to come in the production cars. Do you think that considering what Dodge was trying to do on that planned for perfect day and condition was to do anything less than what was possible? They did everything they could to shock the automotive performance world and anybody who doubts that they wouldn’t stack the deck for that purpose is just naive. Consequently..... that is not a technically legit record. That would require a tear down inspection and verification that the car was in fact identical to a for purchase production model. That was not done, so way too much was left open to question from the beginning. What Ron or anybody else is doing to challenge the Demon performance questions should be discussed (and even questioned), but not nitpicked. The “but he’s running different tires” people should just stfu. No real racer goes to the track and wastes his time and wear on the car running a tire that is not suited for what he’s doing. The NHRA says a DOT Radial is accepted in a stock catagory as legal and..... that is that. I guess that people who are not racers don’t understand that. As far as Ron goes..... he is a racer. He’s also a fanatic. He travels the country and sleeps in his truck if he needs to to do this. He’s made something like a thousand passes in that car and knows what he’s doing. All the garage queen Demon owners out there should be sending him thank you cards because he and the few racing against him are why you can tell people you have a nine second Demon when in reality...... YOU don’t.
Wow, dude. I hear you but where's the massive vitriol coming from? Most on here are VERY happy for Ron (and Tim too). Personally, I can't wait to get out to HRP next year!

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

View attachment 10570
And...

What about MORE experience...MORE runs...MORE seat time!

Not sure how some folks aren't getting that BIG (and very understandable) factor.

Way to go Ron!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Wow, dude. I hear you but where's the massive vitriol coming from? Most on here are VERY happy for Ron (and Tim too). Personally, I can't wait to get out to HRP next year!
I don't think anyone isn't happy for Ron, everyone wishes the best for everyone when they run, but when people start making claims about setting a new record with no accountability other than the internet and a few people at the track that can't verify anything about the car, well that's where it gets complicated and there will be scrutiny. Its just the nature of the beast yet Demon owners always feel like they're somehow above any scrutiny which is what rubs everyone the wrong way. We're just all supposed to believe everything is legit because it's a Demon. It's a Demon therefore it HAS to be true. Cheating happens in all forms of racing and those that have followed racing long enough have seen it therefore, there will always be some doubt.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
awesome for Ron and Byron for taking the record down ,I think it amazing how they do it on that stock driveshaft also

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
That didn't last long. Some chick just dropped it to 9.51. Oh, and remember that thing I said about tampering? Yeah, they are employing aerodynamic tricks (like reducing drag by pulling at least the deck spoiler); wouldn't be surprised if the same thing is being done up front to manage the air better too.

Racer tricks, but not in the spirit of stock.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country