Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Nitrous Express

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
The day I decide to use nitrous is the day I quit worrying about how much parts cost 😂
We went down that road. It's AMAZING how much money you can go through if you adopt that attitude! :eek:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
We went down that road. It's AMAZING how much money you can go through if you adopt that attitude! :eek:
I haven’t adopted that attitude it is why I haven’t done nos. I am already preparing for an engine. After that then a trans. But even with both of those done the car is still not bullet proof.

OP
The Englishman

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #23
Here are a couple of pics from a Nitros Express user. This is what happens when forgetting to turn the NOS OFF during a burnout!

Well ,thats me out then🤢,thanks for posting that Linda ,a catastrophic failure like that would be a tad upsetting,poor guy/ gal .

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
But i wonder long term... I thought i have seen pics of rotors all deteriorated and pitted somewhere ...

Maybe a few small hits only done a few times a year might not cause any problems...... But come on this stuff is addicting ...... Next thing you know you are hitting the button on the way to the grocery store just to get that fix lol

Sent from my Armor 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Yea, that’d be me lol But it would just be a small shot Dad

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I was there on one of the occasions that happened. Standing at the fence watching.
During the Burnout smoke show, the next thing we hear this huge Kaboom, then literally the Hellcat had disappeared into this huge cloud of smoke!
Leaving the NOS on while doing a Burnout is a terrible mistake. Once the smoke was gone, the race is delayed for clean up.:rolleyes: So you can only imagine how ticked off everyone gets!.

Using a small shot of NOS isn't the worst, but you ALWAYS have to be sure you and your set-up are properly done each run!

OP
The Englishman

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #26
I’d be all over forgetting to switch the nitrous off for my burnout,it would be an accident waiting to happen for me.