Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OEM standard Pirelli tires on Redeye

Purdey28

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Marquette
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Redeye Jailbreak
Who, with first hand knowledge can verify the maker and speed rating of the all season tires as standard on the Redeye?
Thanks

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
(Y) - 186+

OP
P

Purdey28

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Marquette
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Assumed as much, thanks for your reply.
How do you like your car?
I have a car coming, unfortunately an automatic.
Ill survive, lol

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If you just floor it, they’re rated all the way up to the scene of the crash…

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Who, with first hand knowledge can verify the maker and speed rating of the all season tires as standard on the Redeye?
Thanks
Unless you are looking to go 200 mph stay with the stock tires but if you are looking more for better traction get some Nitto 555R2. Car will be much more enjoyable driving on the street. Nothing will give you 100% traction but you can get into it harder with them

OP
P

Purdey28

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Marquette
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
If you just floor it, they’re rated all the way up to the scene of the crash…
LOL.....

OP
P

Purdey28

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Marquette
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Ill likely stick with a ( Y ) rated tire.....other than Pirelli.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
I don't think anybody needs a Y rated tire. I've had my car to 166 mph and that's fast enough for me. I have no desire to go 186+ on the streets.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Assumed as much, thanks for your reply.
How do you like your car?
I have a car coming, unfortunately an automatic.
Ill survive, lol
I don't know why you think an automatic is unfortunate. In the Hellcat I don't want a manual transmission.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
The stock all-season Pirellis are borderline dangerous on these cars.

OP
P

Purdey28

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Marquette
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
I don't know why you think an automatic is unfortunate. In the Hellcat I don't want a manual transmission.
Having grown up with manual transmissions and having had multiple sports cars with manual transmissions, to my mind there is a loss of connection with a car equipped with an automatic. If one does not know how to work a manual transmission and acquire the various skills thereto or is drag racing, then yes, i understand the appeal of an automatic.

OP
P

Purdey28

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Marquette
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I don't think anybody needs a Y rated tire. I've had my car to 166 mph and that's fast enough for me. I have no desire to go 186+ on the streets.
Dodge publicly states the car will go 203 mph. It came equipped with tires allowing it to do that.
I have no desire to go 203 or anywhere close to that.
Consider though, in this litigious world, where if you had an accident and somebody got hurt, a clever attorney for the plaintiff could persuade an ignorant and malleable jury that regardless of the circumstances, you had the ' wrong ' tires on the car and therefor responsible. Food for thought.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Dodge publicly states the car will go 203 mph. It came equipped with tires allowing it to do that.
I have no desire to go 203 or anywhere close to that.
Consider though, in this litigious world, where if you had an accident and somebody got hurt, a clever attorney for the plaintiff could persuade an ignorant and malleable jury that regardless of the circumstances, you had the ' wrong ' tires on the car and therefor responsible. Food for thought.
Tire theory is beyond reaching. Tires are speed rated and as long as you are not exceeding that there would be no argument

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Having grown up with manual transmissions and having had multiple sports cars with manual transmissions, to my mind there is a loss of connection with a car equipped with an automatic. If one does not know how to work a manual transmission and acquire the various skills thereto or is drag racing, then yes, i understand the appeal of an automatic.
Why didn't you buy a manual Hellcat, you didn't have to order a Jailbreak if the trans means that much

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I know what you’re saying, but you’ve got to forget what you thought about automatics when it comes to our excellent ZF 8-speeds, which are about the best automatics on the market today. Not only does the automatic launch better, the axle ratios are much deeper, the shifts are impossibly quick, and you get more gears. It’s the best of all worlds, getting some practice with the gas pedal and blipping the paddle shifters, the automatic still offers a very thrilling driving experience, especially when paired with this Demon motor ;)

The performance level of the car with the automatic is just much greater than the manual, the autos offer world class acceleration so long as traction allows…which…getting back to your original discussion about tires…

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I know what you’re saying, but you’ve got to forget what you thought about automatics when it comes to our excellent ZF 8-speeds, which are about the best automatics on the market today. Not only does the automatic launch better, the axle ratios are much deeper, the shifts are impossibly quick, and you get more gears. It’s the best of all worlds, getting some practice with the gas pedal and blipping the paddle shifters, the automatic still offers a very thrilling driving experience, especially when paired with this Demon motor ;)

The performance level of the car with the automatic is just much greater than the manual, the autos offer world class acceleration so long as traction allows…which…getting back to your original discussion about tires…
They’re excellent transmissions and nobody disputes the performance but, it just ain’t the same!

I went from my 392 6-speed to an A8 Hellcat and the 392, for me, was just a better driving experience than the Hellcat, even though I like the Hellcat overall much more than my 392.

About to find out if I like driving a 6-speed Hellcat in a few days haha but I’m so excited to have a manual transmission again.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
They’re excellent transmissions and nobody disputes the performance but, it just ain’t the same!

I went from my 392 6-speed to an A8 Hellcat and the 392, for me, was just a better driving experience than the Hellcat, even though I like the Hellcat overall much more than my 392.

About to find out if I like driving a 6-speed Hellcat in a few days haha but I’m so excited to have a manual transmission again.
I had a 6-speed 392 SRT8 before my A8 scat pack and I know what you mean in that it was fun, but to me what’s most thrilling about cars is acceleration and I immediately enjoyed so much more with the A8 vs. the M6, and even after blasting around the road course at the SRT track experience in the M6 Hellcat with their instructors, I would still take a A8 car and have more fun drag racing with it. I couldn’t imagine owning a M6 and driving it super hard, I mean I would if it was someone else’s…lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well put.(y)..there are those on here that prefer the A8..:(:(...(some have been known to regularly kiss their sister on the lips)..It takes all kinds...M6 owners...just know..;);)