Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Okay, spill your thoughts and comments... another offer on the car

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
1618341200791.png

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'll try Carvana, too, just because. Vroom came back with $79K...which is about 3K less than MSRP for the 'Hawk. And I didn't pay anywhere near that.
Hmm. Tempted to sell.
Sounds way better than the money you were seeing last time you wanted to sell. Now may be the time. Nothing wrong with getting more than you paid.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The previous high was $76K, several months ago, so it's going in the right direction.

At this point I'm even considering trading down to a TRX. The size of those drive train parts are impressive, I think.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'll try Carvana, too, just because. Vroom came back with $79K...which is about 3K less than MSRP for the 'Hawk. And I didn't pay anywhere near that.
Hmm. Tempted to sell.
Vroom offered 46k on my dad's truck, Payoff is 41k. Now if only @ChargerChallenger could give me 10% off an order for a '21 🤣🤣🤣

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
You guys are all having so much fun I just have to tempt fate and see what they would offer for mine. I mean I'm not looking to sell, but the unusual used car market just keeps getting more unusual.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #66
Hmm. Tempted to sell.
Get out. pocket the cash

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Get out. pocket the cash
And then what? I'd be tempted to buy something, but nothing out there interests me now.

Although, there are some really nice Unimogs for that kind of money...
Or maybe a road grader? Been wondering if I could learn to operate one of those.

Last edited:
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #68
But do you need the grader for your business?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #69
So Sendusthevin or whatever they're called came up to 54K.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The previous high was $76K, several months ago, so it's going in the right direction.

At this point I'm even considering trading down to a TRX. The size of those drive train parts are impressive, I think.
I stopped @ my dealer tonight..a guy traded in a mint..(I mean in the wrapper mint) 16 black M6 HC Challenger on a TRX..@ 10g's over msrp...the HC has only 700 miles...they gave him 50 on the trade...and are sellin it for 53,5....some here in WNY are payin 10 over msrp...thats crazy...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So Sendusthevin or whatever they're called came up to 54K.
And your still not handin over the keys...:unsure::unsure:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I stopped @ my dealer tonight..a guy traded in a mint..(I mean in the wrapper mint) 16 black M6 HC Challenger on a TRX..@ 10g's over msrp...the HC has only 700 miles...they gave him 50 on the trade...and are sellin it for 53,5....some here in WNY are payin 10 over msrp...thats crazy...
At this point it's hungry hungry hippos with all the inventory, the hippos are the dealers and the balls are apparently all the inventory left out there.

They are at this point begging people to bring in used cars to move units.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #73
And your still not handin over the keys...:unsure::unsure:
As I said, I'm still conflicted. Don't think I would ever be able to get back into the HC (or RS6, or whatever) game for as a low as I got into this car. We will see later today.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
As I said, I'm still conflicted. Don't think I would ever be able to get back into the HC (or RS6, or whatever) game for as a low as I got into this car. We will see later today.
What did you buy it at 64k? There will be redeye widebodies at 65k in a year, at the very least regular widebody is a gigantic improvement.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
WTF...take the money..and run like Jessie Owens..(remember him:unsure:..I actually met him in 68)..there will be other opportunities..there always are...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
At this point it's hungry hungry hippos with all the inventory, the hippos are the dealers and the balls are apparently all the inventory left out there.

They are at this point begging people to bring in used cars to move units.
agreed

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #77
What did you buy it at 64k? There will be redeye widebodies at 65k in a year, at the very least regular widebody is a gigantic improvement.
i don't see the gigantic improvement, really. seriously, tell me what you think? wider wheels and the fender flares, but I've got 305s on 20 x 11 on this car in the rear and should be able to go to 315 with not even a spacer (from when we last measured at the change of the tires). Everything else is the same, right? best on the street 0-60 here (with the west texas asphalt formulation is 3.6 now, I don't really see the extra HP greatly increasing it. Sure would like to drive them back to back to see.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
i don't see the gigantic improvement, really. seriously, tell me what you think? wider wheels and the fender flares, but I've got 305s on 20 x 11 on this car in the rear and should be able to go to 315 with not even a spacer (from when we last measured at the change of the tires). Everything else is the same, right? best on the street 0-60 here (with the west texas asphalt formulation is 3.6 now, I don't really see the extra HP greatly increasing it. Sure would like to drive them back to back to see.
I would say big improvements are

Vehicle handles a lot better

Cosmetics it looks more menacing and can't be replicated versus I see sxt's and r/t's with hellcat hoods and bumpers, if you are like @Jimmy N. You debadge anyway.

The performance pages are updated and faster.

Yes you can fit 305s and 315s on the standard body but the real benefit I see is you can put 12 inch wheels on the back of the widebody.

Redeye has a lot more oooomph compared to regular hellcat with the warranty.

There's quite a bit of smaller updates but those are the big ones for me.

I have driven both and can comfortably say the widebody is the better car hands down even if the improvements look marginal, let's be real nobody is out here doing 200 mph runs everyday and if you don't go with at least an 11 inch wheel on street tires for this much horsepower you are doing yourself a disservice.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
But do you need the grader for your business?
Not at all. But I've been curious for years if I could operate one well.
All I could use it for, really, is to make the pastures smoother than what I can achieve with my home made "grader" setups.

Anyway, as of last night the current plan is to sell the Cherokee, then order a TRX, and trade in the '14 Ram 1500 (with 22,595 miles on it).
That would be one less vehicle, and a TRX should be superior in the winter...if we ever get snow again, like we used to.

Also, it would leave about $43K to feed the TRX, so higher gas prices wouldn't matter as much.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Not at all. But I've been curious for years if I could operate one well.
All I could use it for, really, is to make the pastures smoother than what I can achieve with my home made "grader" setups.

Anyway, as of last night the current plan is to sell the Cherokee, then order a TRX, and trade in the '14 Ram 1500 (with 22,595 miles on it).
That would be one less vehicle, and a TRX should be superior in the winter...if we ever get snow again, like we used to.

Also, it would leave about $43K to feed the TRX, so higher gas prices wouldn't matter as much.
I vote for the trx and don't you have another trackhawk? I would contemplate the durango hc for that one, they will hold value way better than the trackhawk imo.