Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Order Restricted!

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #21
Just one man's opinion but I think Dodge should NOT be accepting customer orders for cars they are NOT going to build. It's the same as 'breaking' your word to someone. If you can't build it, just say so up front, don't let the customer wait six months and find out that Dodge wasn't going to build the car the wanted in the first place! How do they expect people will respond to that?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
To be honest at the price point both cars are at today you would have to be a huge hellcat fan not to consider an x3m/x5m, the durango hellcat premium is 107k versus an x5m at 120k.

I like the durango hellcat in theory but not in love with how outdated it looks and how far behind the tech is.

I think dodge missed out on a big opportunity to update the charger/challenger/durango with some new tech for 2021+ models, all they had to do was steal from ram 🤣🤣🤣
What could they have taken from Ram? I don't see anything different in mine. They all use the same tech.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I feel fur ya. I made sure, when I ordered, I placed $$ down, got receit, order #, when tits bitch came in. The biddings started. My phone waz ta ranging. There's well, I woodn't answer it. I left it on the show room floor fer a $$ ice. Roped off wit it placed ware no sticky fingers cud gut to it. All covered and it worked. Now,, nope. Screw em fer da monies cause weezy and dem dun't care if youz cum bak er knot. Dealerdollarshit want bee there in 6 munts. Gone. ??
Do do yoo remember, sum do some don't, remember the 64 Vettes? They sold em all. Ring a Ding Ling a bell. The biggest and most sought af turd vette out 2day. Not cause of the back ards winder,,, buttster the #s didn't match. A frigg en bunch of em.

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I guess I should feel very fortunate. I just bought a 23 Durango SRT Hellcat for $2K under MSRP. It was built for someone who backed out of the deal. Three other people had wanted it and they were all no shows at the dealer. Pretty straight forward deal, even got the rebates and Military discount on it. Most other Stealerships wanted 5-20K over MSRP. The ones I hated were advertising for under MSRP on Autotrader and when you go or call the stealer it is a $12K markup, reminds me of the bait and switch they used to do. It would be great to eliminate the dealer and have true pricing come thru.
Manufacturer posts those MSRP ads automatically in many cases when a vehicle is assigned to a dealer. It's not always the dealer doing that.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
What could they have taken from Ram? I don't see anything different in mine. They all use the same tech.
Digital rearview camera, heads up display.
Carbon fiber dash accents

For charger/challenger
Uconnect 5 w/ a 12 inch screen
360 cameras (front camera is huge)
Lane keep assist

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Digital rearview camera, heads up display.
Carbon fiber dash accents

For charger/challenger
Uconnect 5 w/ a 12 inch screen
360 cameras (front camera is huge)
Lane keep assist
I guess that I don't miss them because these are things that I purposely avoided.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I guess that I don't miss them because these are things that I purposely avoided.
For a car that's going to the track often you want the most basic car, but to me the charger has always been dual purpose, a car you can take to the Track and still drive home.

It's just sad to see the charger redeye at damn near 100k msrp and 120k retail/adm at most dealers and not come with some tech updates since 2015, I mean for god sakes the user interface/performance pages are sooooo slow.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Ju
For a car that's going to the track often you want the most basic car, but to me the charger has always been dual purpose, a car you can take to the Track and still drive home.

It's just sad to see the charger redeye at damn near 100k msrp and 120k retail/adm at most dealers and not come with some tech updates since 2015, I mean for god sakes the user interface/performance pages are sooooo slow.
If you want a dual purpose charger you don’t need the Redeye just a basic hellcat. Honestly the base hellcat Widebody is a much more restrained driving experience. The Redeye every time you let off the gas you get exhaust pops. Which is awesome but it’s not necessary. I simply say my challenger Redeye adds a bit of theatre to the experience over a basic hellcat. Also the Redeye I have has .309 gears perfect for around town but if you do a lot of highway driving over 70 mph forget about it. Plus the Redeye you need Nitto 555r2 minimum on 11s. If you put PS4s on the rears you’ll hit the rev limiter over 2/3 throttle in the first 5 Gears. A base hellcat with 11s you can leave the p zero 305s on for awhile and still get moderate traction over 40mph. The Redeye won’t get traction under 100mph with p zero all seasons frankly they are dangerous on a Redeye.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
They are things I'd pay not to have. Heck, I was willing to pay the same for a Base Durango as for the Plus I'm getting, but apparently the order couldn't be changed.

So now I'm getting all sorts of fancy unwanted tech, and get to pay some $6K extra.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I absolutely hate lane keep assist, I turn it off every time I drive the wife's Jeep Cherokee
LOL yeah this is very true. Mine was crazy clumsy!
Are they worse than DR's in the rain?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #32
So many dealers took tons of orders way in excess of their allotments. Some dealers who had zero allotments to start with still took orders for cars they should have known Dodge was not going to build. Dodge should have never allowed or accepted orders over the # of cars they agreed to build.
It's a real slap in the face to so many long time Mopar customers.
Hell, I'd even drive to the factory to pick mine up and accept it without a warranty! C'mon Dodge give me a break!!!!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
It it correct to assume your original order was for a 2023?

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #34
It it correct to assume your original order was for a 2023?
Yes, 2023 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yes, 2023 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
Redeye orders are done.

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #36
I ordered mine back in October.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I ordered mine back in October.
I'm thinking that it's a problem with your dealership?

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Officially running 2024 MY Wranglers as of this morning. MY 23s are all done. Not sure who or what group decides what is run when but man its weird.

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #39
Bobo,
Are you referring to the Brampton assembly plant?

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Just one man's opinion but I think Dodge should NOT be accepting customer orders for cars they are NOT going to build. It's the same as 'breaking' your word to someone. If you can't build it, just say so up front, don't let the customer wait six months and find out that Dodge wasn't going to build the car the wanted in the first place! How do they expect people will respond to that?
I have ordered a 2023 Ram Classic and the 5.7 Hemi is on restriction. Is there no end of the stupidity from car manufacturers? The V6 is available, but I don't want it! Try towing with a V6, you get no-where fast. If I don't get the VIN, soon, I will be looking elsewhere. I've owned many Rams, but if Dodge continues, I will look at the competitors...