Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye Challenger Throttle Response

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
The car is OEM. I’m not unlocking it. I’ve removed all the after market products I purchased since August. We have covered it and will pursue a buyer next week.
Ok, sorry to hear about this, sell it and (hopefully) buy another kick ass car

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #42
Ok, sorry to hear about this, sell it and (hopefully) buy another kick ass car
I’m 64 with health issues and this was going to be my last new car. Hey, I tried.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m 64 with health issues and this was going to be my last new car. Hey, I tried.

I have read your posts for over 4 years (yes on a different forum) you are part of the Mopar fabric, if I can help, please let me know, get another one and drive it like you stole it. Shake off the health issues, lets go

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44
I have read your posts for over 4 years (yes on a different forum) you are part of the Mopar fabric, if I can help, please let me know, get another one and drive it like you stole it. Shake off the health issues, lets go
Yea, I been fighting the devil a long time. My 5th back surgery is in December. Just beat cancers ass but it took it’s toll. I’m damn near out of fight. I got this car as one last great act of defiance, we’ll here we are... Hey they’re both paid for so the wife is good.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yea, I been fighting the devil a long time. My 5th back surgery is in December. Just beat cancers ass but it took it’s toll. I’m damn near out of fight. I got this car as one last great act of defiance, we’ll here we are... Hey they’re both paid for so the wife is good.
No, you are not out of fight, you got this, one day/one step at a time, dig deep, if I can help let me know, I am sure the Community feels the same. I will PM you, lets see what FCA can do for you, I can be a nasty bitch.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If you can take data log your Redeye doing some wide open throttle we can compare it to my car. Hpindy data logged my car which is stock at the track. I can get him to compare the logs maybe he or cole can find out what the hell is going on with your car. Don’t sell it just yet it may be something minor.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I will be reaching out to FCA tomorrow, I encourage others to do the same.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #48
If you can take data log your Redeye doing some wide open throttle we can compare it to my car. Hpindy data logged my car which is stock at the track. I can get him to compare the logs maybe he or cole can find out what the hell is going on with your car. Don’t sell it just yet it may be something minor.
Plz say how?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I put the zautomotive bypass harness in marks trunk . It's pretty easy . If you don't have the bypass harness I'm sure someone would lend you one . Then I put the laptop in the trunk and logged the car . It's pretty easy to do . Then you save the log and email it to who ever you want . On a side note I used a sprint booster on my 2018 hellcat before I tuned it and I was really happy with it . Worse case scenario see if any one can loan you one of them for testing purposes.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I put the zautomotive bypass harness in marks trunk . It's pretty easy . If you don't have the bypass harness I'm sure someone would lend you one . Then I put the laptop in the trunk and logged the car . It's pretty easy to do . Then you save the log and email it to who ever you want . On a side note I used a sprint booster on my 2018 hellcat before I tuned it and I was really happy with it . Worse case scenario see if any one can loan you one of them for testing purposes.

Can you link to the harness you bought?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #53

I put a sprint booster in Redeye and it did not work.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I put a sprint booster in Redeye and it did not work.
Oh really . Hmm I wonder what's up with your vessel? It worked on my 2018 and the software is the same for 2018-2019 . Has the dealer reflashed the ECU?

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #55
Oh really . Hmm I wonder what's up with your vessel? It worked on my 2018 and the software is the same for 2018-2019 . Has the dealer reflashed the ECU?

Nope, it had one update associated with the heating/cooling system. Are you talking Redeye? The Redeye is a different animal from the base Hellcat.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
I
All,

After 1k miles I am throughly disappointed in the serious lack of throttle response in my 2019 Redeye Challenger. I mean it is really a dog. So much that I do not enjoy driving the car and have even considered selling it.

Any thoughts on a fix would be greatly appreciated.
I agree with you. Get the Pedal Commander and you will have a big smile on your face! Worked for my Redeye!!!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Sheboygan
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Yea well my car is a pussy cat at best.
Is this in eco mode? Or all modes?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Sheboygan
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Thanks. I’m hating it too. When these cars came back in 2008 I jumped on one and got #904. In 2014 I jumped and got Hellcat #834. I was going to wait on a Redeye Challenger but I heard Plum Crazy was going away and had to have one. Now I’m regretting buying a lot car. I’ve always order my cars in the past.

I’m about ready to cut my losses on this one.
My Redeye seems very sluggish also compared to my tuned 2016 hellcat in eco mode which should be the same.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Nope, it had one update associated with the heating/cooling system. Are you talking Redeye? The Redeye is a different animal from the base Hellcat.
No the software is the same . The calibration has has a few differences between the lowly (2018 and up)707 VS the 797 . And even fewer differences from the demon calibration. I have all the ecu files and compared them extensively. It is possible your ecu was corrupted a bit . I would get the update and see if it makes a difference.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #60
My Redeye seems very sluggish also compared to my tuned 2016 hellcat in eco mode which should be the same.
Sport and default.