Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Remote Start...? Yay or Nay

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't even drive mine when it's cold out. With the tires that are on it, it's a handful in the snow.
Besides, I don't want any salt crap on it.
South Mississippi.
Last time it snowed (and stayed) was 1996.......

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I use it every chance I get. Otherwise, I've got to set in the car until it comes up to temp. Plus, it's sounds bitchin!

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I love using mine when I golf with my buddy who has a 5.7 Challenger. He hits his and I hit mine and drown him out. I keep telling him somethings wrong with his car cause I can't hear it.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I hit my buddy with my golf club I don't own. But oter than that, no golf and no buddy, I wouldn't know how to turn it on thru the space shuttle. Just another thang to go wrong when some one is stealing your car. Exhaust condensation, a dead give away to pull the Glock 9 mm. Please be a good shot. A winder doesn't cost that much. Just a warranty to clean up the blood. Chemical Guys.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I use it every day and try to use it every time I start the car.

1. Hearing it start from the outside is superior to the inside.
2. The idle has settled down by the time I get into the car - not waiting for the high idle to drop.
3. AC or HEAT, as well as the seats (and steering wheel) have a chance to prepare for me.
4. It'll automatically shut the car off is something is awry - hood open, door open, trunk open, CEL, low fuel... so it is a chance to look over the vehicle more closely before leaving.
5. It warns the kids that if their asses aren't in their seats, they don't go for a ride.
6. It warns the wife that she has at least another 20 minutes of screwing around before I get sick of playing with the car.
7. If someone planted a bomb on the car it'll blow up before I get into it... thwarting my enemy's plan of killing me and allowing me to get revenge while they think I'm dead.
The bomb I planted for you has a 20 minute delay! Hahhhahahahah.....OOPS!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The bomb I planted for you has a 20 minute delay! Hahhhahahahah.....OOPS!
Can't you say something righteous and good for a change........ :)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
At least he gave me 20 minutes till my golfing buddy gets back from a 25 minute beer run.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Don't count on it...he is an attorney....j/k. [nono]

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I like to get the juices flowing in the car before I jump in and go. I want to hear the motor and exhaust from outside but it also typically idles down by time I get to it or shortly thereafter so I don’t have to wait before I put it in gear. I never put it in gear until the rpm’s come down to a normal idle!”.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I used mine a few times but I have to drive slow to keep from pissing the neighbors off and don't drive it in cold weather.
So, I don't use it.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Seriously though, all in good fun with the teasing and bantering. I work with attorneys and mean nothing by it @Magnified...I hope you took it humorously as intended.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Every time I walk up to the car, Nothing like that growl in a big parking lot. As said already ac on hot days, heat on cold. Love it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, that's actually "can't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change"!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh......a stand-up philosopher :)
Not really.... most people say I am not your regular attorney, and in fact, many attorneys I don't think like me very much. Some judges too. But be that as it may I will always stand up for what is right and what is the law (and sometimes these things are not the same thing). But I am fond of two sayings, one by an Egyptian lord/general/governor who lived almost 5000 years ago. He left a book for his son and portions of it have come down to us today; one of the things he said was "be a craftsman in speech so though mayst be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue and words are mightier than all fighting." Now I know my share about fighting, and violence has its place, but the truth within that statement is, to me, self-evident. It is words that have given us our civilization and everything in it, even if we have to at times use violence to preserve it.

The other saying is one of my own from decades ago (yes, the ego, I know): I view poetry and work of an attorney as very much the same; both must use words to make others see the world as they see it.

But I ramble. Your pardon, gentlemen.

Last edited:

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
The difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead attorney is; skid marks in front of the dog. My attorney told me that joke.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not really.... most people say I am not your regular attorney, and in fact, many attorneys I don't think like me very much. Some judges too. But be that as it may I will always stand up for what is right and what is the law (and sometimes these things are not the same thing). But I am fond of two sayings, one by an Egyptian lord/general/governor who lived almost 5000 years ago. He left a book for his son and portions of it have come down to us today; one of the things he said was "be a craftsman in speech so though may be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue and words are mightier than all fighting." Now I know my share about fighting, and violence has its place, but the truth within that statement is, to me, self-evident. It is words that have given us our civilization and everything in it, even if we have to at times use violence to preserve it.

The other saying is one of my own from decades ago (yes, the ego, I know): I view poetry and work of an attorney as very much the same; both must use words to make others see the world as they see it.

But I ramble. Your pardon, gentlemen.
I shared office space with attornys for 12 years before moving to my own office. I miss the bantering, etc. So, my joking attorney comment comes from that vein. Certainly wasn't meant to offend as I pegged you for the bantering type. Take care all.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not offended at all. Unless they're shooting at me, I am pretty much unconcerned lol

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Same here.....that's why I'm shopping for another truck or suv. Those storms across the other parts of the Country seemed to come early this year and fortunately didn't reach me....but they eventually will. I just put some different rims and all season tires on my car, but I really don't want to have to drive it when the bad weather comes.
Not sure if it was a smart move, but I ordered a Trackhawk this week. It'll obviously be superior to the Hellcat when it's wet, snowy, or icy, but the wide tires will not be ideal in slush.

The idea is to cocoon the Ram 1500, which has been my all-weather car for five years now, and enjoy some power for a year or two. These blown V8s are addictive.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not sure if it was a smart move, but I ordered a Trackhawk this week. It'll obviously be superior to the Hellcat when it's wet, snowy, or icy, but the wide tires will not be ideal in slush.

The idea is to cocoon the Ram 1500, which has been my all-weather car for five years now, and enjoy some power for a year or two. These blown V8s are addictive.
Congrats. Cannot wait to see pictures. What color?