Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Shady Dodge Dealer... Larry Roesche Dodge Elmhurst Il

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I've been married 40 times and each time my photo looks just like me.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Oh, and the reason why these cars need $2800 brake.jobs is because people do not know how to brake. It's one thing to brake from 60 to 30mph, it's a whole different thing braking from 140 to 70mph.

The car does down shift if you press the toggle shifter. And down shifting definitely saves brakes.

And you beat anything it's gonna break. Eventually.
It's really only about $1500 in OEM parts and 2 hours of work. Nothing fancy about swapping out the brakes, super simple.

But, people pay outrageous prices to the dealer for some reason, so there's that.

And the reason they need changing at 30k miles is because the pads are pretty damn aggressive.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Kinda like ordering a mail order bride....
I offer a service where I'll inspect those before you take delivery.

:p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You mean they don't look like the photos online?
Not a chance in France.....even if you order a French one..o_Oo_O

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Since when is a seller required to have a used car inspected and provide you with the inspection report? And why would you even ask a seller for their inspection report on a car they're selling to you? You're the buyer, it's up to you to do the due diligence. You didn't do any due diligence and now I guess it's easier to call the other guy a crook than to look in the mirror to see who's really at fault.
In NYS...car dealers are required by law to inspect any sold vehicle..new or used...brakes..tires..are just two of the components that must pass a NYS vehicle inspection..

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
In Texas they don't have to tell you anything at all, even if they know the car is infected with plague bascillus and also has a compound 4 charge wired to the starter. buyer beware.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
In NYS...car dealers are required by law to inspect any sold vehicle..new or used...brakes..tires..are just two of the components that must pass a NYS vehicle inspection..
He's in Illinois, we don't have that here.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Explanation of OTD price difference?
tax in my area is 7.25%
So roughly 3k added.
They wouldn't give me any more of a break down unless I went into the dealer.

Even destination is what 1500 or so on these trucks. So I'm not sure what the hell they were playing but I learned my lesson years ago when dealers do this shit.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Used to live in Illinois for 11 years. Worked about 10 minutes from Elmhurst. That's a fairly exclusive community as I recall. Home pricing was outrageous. Never dealt with that dealership. Only Dodge dealer in Illinois I would deal with is Roanoke. It's in Central Illinois but worth the drive if you live in the Chicago area. Viper club I belonged to loved that dealership because of the outstanding service and reputation they had. The owner is first class. They were the best by far.
When I was looking for a Demon allocation they said they mainly dealt with Vipers and the one they had was already spoken for (i think they got a few of them but it didn't matter). They did tell me that the key to finding an allocation was to look at dealers that had a lot of Hellcats. They would get more Demon allocations.

That is a straight shooting dealership.