Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Side skirts....worth it?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
Confuzed1

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Thread Starter #23
Had mine for a long time now and love them. I've had Xpel on the rockers and flares since day one and when the side skirts came out I got them. They very much keep the lower rockers and front of the rear flares protected..
Thanks. Pics look like they fit perfect. As far as a point to lift the front sides of your car...(see how careful I was there)....apparently there is lift points on the side skirts? At least that's what it says on their web site....quote..

"FRONT (Large) JACK PAD IS BUILT IN TO OUR SIDE SPLITTERS!!"

So yours didn't have this?

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I think the brackets themselves are utilized as lift points according to the ZL1 Addons website.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I think the brackets themselves are utilized as lift points according to the ZL1 Addons website.
Correct. I choose not to lift those as they don't seem sturdy enough for the big girl. 😁
I've never been a pinch weld lift guy from the get go hense why I put those front lifting pucks on.

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
I have the ZL1 side skirts on the WBRedeye and so far have been happy with the. They do seem to deflect rocks. Here in Colorado what they use in winter for sand is really pea gravel (or larger). Plus the road crews are none to quick about sweeping up after snow season. So having some extra protection is great.
Also, the pinch weld brackets are OK but I’d only use them as a last resort. I have the solid plastic pucks installed for lifting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Confuzed1

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
Correct. I choose not to lift those as they don't seem sturdy enough for the big girl. 😁
I've never been a pinch weld lift guy from the get go hense why I put those front lifting pucks on.
I don't like the idea of lifting from flimsy pinch welds either.
I have the ZL1 side skirts on the WBRedeye and so far have been happy with the. They do seem to deflect rocks. Here in Colorado what they use in winter for sand is really pea gravel (or larger). Plus the road crews are none to quick about sweeping up after snow season. So having some extra protection is great.
Also, the pinch weld brackets are OK but I’d only use them as a last resort. I have the solid plastic pucks installed for lifting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'm ordering a set. Of course, any oil changes etc. I'll try and do on that on race ramps. I would say I'd use the pinch weld as a last resort to change a tire but....none to worry about on these cars! I may get some pucks that mount on the frame anyways.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thanks for the reply! I'm just asking because I've haven't taken my car on any long trips yet, so I don't see any Knicks whatsoever in mine - yet.

I watched the install video, and the install itself seems/looks straight forward...looks like small aluminum clamps that you bolt onto the pinch welds on both sides. Any problems with the install? No rattles or anything?

-And if you have rock guards installed like me, do they fit nicely in between the front guards and rear flare?
No rattles, easy install, and I have Swaim Rockguards and they fit perfectly between. Mine setup exact same as @Octanewide who posted some good pics.

OP
Confuzed1

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
No rattles, easy install, and I have Swaim Rockguards and they fit perfectly between. Mine setup exact same as @Octanewide who posted some good pics.
Thanks! I have the ZL1 rock guards, but I assume it should be fine with those too. And again - thanks for answering the questions I had...

Edit - And yes, they are ordered. Now I just need to get PPF installed on the front facia.

Last edited:

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thanks! I have the ZL1 rock guards, but I assume it should be fine with those too. And again - thanks for answering the questions I had...

Edit - And yes, they are ordered. Now I just need to get PPF installed on the front facia.
Cool. You will dig them. Makes it look pretty cool especially when it's lowered.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Redeye Charger
0C0E8D4E-B18A-4E88-AE86-4886FA635F21.jpeg

I like mine, seem to keep rocks off the car. Installed when car was new along with the swain rock guards

Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Redeye Charger
Jack the car off? 😂😂😂😂 very funny Tony..
I don't think you can lift the car by the pinch weld with the side skirts on. I lift the front by the frame rail with this puck and the rear by the factory lifting puck. View attachment 17915

Who makes this? I want to order them

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I have side skirts on both of my original body Hellcats. I love them.

03182697-A193-4099-B526-BE15DB7EC02A.jpeg AAE53545-645B-4939-8748-60609DBE95F3.jpeg

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Redeye Charger
Thanks thought that was their color, couldn't find on their website

OP
Confuzed1

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
Cool. You will dig them. Makes it look pretty cool especially when it's lowered.
No lowering here. It drags enough going up/down driveways as is. I can't imagine if it were lowered with splitter extensions and a wicker bill....
I have side skirts on both of my original body Hellcats. I love them.
Good to know! Hope they fit on my "non" original bodied Challenger! lol

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
I always use the pinch welds to lift the car if there so designed that way. My ZL1 Camaro had pinch weld lift points front and back, just added the pinch weld puck and your good to go. As for the side skirts the molding allows you to used the rear rubber puck and the front has a lift point built in, so no need to add a lifting puck its part of the installation hardware.

ill take a few pics when i complete my install just waiting on the hardware.

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
D7FA9411-F4AD-4418-8FDB-7118A4281867.jpeg
I have the ZL1 Add Ons as well. I like how they look and I’ve used the built in front pinch weld mount with zero issues so far. Not sure how much they protect anything though.
@Confuzed1 ZL1 makes a model specifically for the wide body as well.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
View attachment 17992
I have the ZL1 Add Ons as well. I like how they look and I’ve used the built in front pinch weld mount with zero issues so far. Not sure how much they protect anything though.
If you had a widebody you would understand the protection they give

OP
Confuzed1

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #40
I always use the pinch welds to lift the car if there so designed that way. My ZL1 Camaro had pinch weld lift points front and back, just added the pinch weld puck and your good to go. As for the side skirts the molding allows you to used the rear rubber puck and the front has a lift point built in, so no need to add a lifting puck its part of the installation hardware.
ill take a few pics when i complete my install just waiting on the hardware.
Please don't say they forgot to send the hardware.....
Yes, I ordered the ones for 18-20 Challenger WB's....