Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SRT Power Chiller on 2019s

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
So I asked my dealer to ask about whether or not I should be able to access the SRT power Chiller from the race options menu when the transmission is in track mode and here's the response they/I got:

...but FCA did reply on your SRT Power Chiller issue. What we’re being told is the 2019 year model did not come this in race options. It should come on when you put it in track mode. They say the owners manual is incorrect in listing it. If an update to this is released in the future we will be sure you let you know.

So the car apparently has to be in full track mode for the Power Chiller to be on, which I don't think is the case with 2020s. I think we already knew this, but I just wanted to ask the dealer who I knew would kick my issue up the line because I was doing those engine/transmission logs to try to document the shift hiccup issue...which they said they are still looking at. Anyway, you would think they could flash us an update to make the Power Chiller work like on the 2020s IMO..

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Seems like an easy software upgrade. That would be a kick with a hiccup fix flash.

Eric, you and I know that if we keep the ‘19 Redeye I bet both of us will have a good upgrade/tune done aftermarket anyway. If mine holds together next year at the tracks, by this time it may be time to just go request a refund from my extended warranty and spend it on a tune and a couple of goodies to go along with it.;)

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #3
it may be time to just go request a refund from my extended warranty and spend it on a tune and a couple of goodies to go along with it.;)
You can do that???

I am starting to think about adding some power, but with fall around the corner it will probably get kicked back into next year anyway...

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I need the power chiller on in my custom settings! Full track mode is nearly useless on the street because the suspension is way to stiff any little bump jiggles the car off balance. I really need this 2020 Redeye power chiller flash ASAP.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’d be nice to turn it on in the setting I drive 75 percent of the time too which is full auto & paddle shifters with traction off

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #6
I need the power chiller on in my custom settings! Full track mode is nearly useless on the street because the suspension is way to stiff any little bump jiggles the car off balance. I really need this 2020 Redeye power chiller flash ASAP.
Not to mention that it blows hot air out at you through the A/C!...but it may do that every time it is on anyway.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not to mention that it blows hot air out at you through the A/C!...but it may do that every time it is on anyway.
Sometimes mine actually blows cold air... honestly dodge just made a whoopsie on the 19’ Redeye not integrating the power chiller as it’s own option in race mode. I hate the fact that there is no indication of when it’s actually on.. stuff like that really bothers me.. I mean I know it’s on cause the IATs are dropping and the fan is running.. would be nice if they put that on the dash like next to traction control. Then whenever I hit my auto settings.. I could then press traction control off and power chiller on.. I mean come on this should be a no brainer.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I close the vents on the dash.
When using the chiller.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
nice in the winter but not this time of year

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
You can do that???

I am starting to think about adding some power, but with fall around the corner it will probably get kicked back into next year anyway...
I need to get the paperwork out and read it. I do know, if I don’t use it, I get a refund. So either way (because say I get tuned and simply don’t use it ever) I’ll get the cash when I ask, or may need to just wait the covered period out. Ha, I’ll “loan” myself the cash:rolleyes:

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
Every 2019 Redeye owner, who uses it, that I have messaged, or spoken to wants to have this ability, and understand why an independent cooling feature was left out of any options. @DodgeCares . I asked Joe Z (Tazer), and AJ (Hemituner), what their thoughts were, both seemed positive because "it" is Located in SWare, but other prioritie compete for their time

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
After market??? Surprised they didn't void your warranty. They were going to void mine if I got documented with a 180 degree stat. If I were to go in this direction, don't know about this, but additional cooling under the hood to be able to hold cooling charge for cabin and under the hood cooling. Low voltage di ods do wonders to switch over to all or one. The beer bucket is way out of date. There are alot of small $$ issues that the factory either ignored, cost effective, or didn't care concerning performance or maintensance issues. Nickle and diming us to death, 180 degree stat, other than it does have issues with the programing. What would they say concerning an after market chiller kill me?? Don't get it. My understanding from the dealer and FCA and con trap tion that alters the performance of the auto would void the, my, exstended warranty. Other than the CAI, exhaust, and oil filter.
For warranty issues, great guy, asked me to remove my K & N CAI to bring the car back to factory issued. I did and all other woork was covered. I don't get it, but then again I don't get Sponge Bob, unless they are filming at the bikini bottoms at the Double D's.

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I turn the temp down all the way also.
So I tried this today for S & G, turned on track mode, turned the A/C OFF in the cabin, ... completely... powerchiller seemed to work, need someone else to verify though.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Sometimes mine actually blows cold air... honestly dodge just made a whoopsie on the 19’ Redeye not integrating the power chiller as it’s own option in race mode. I hate the fact that there is no indication of when it’s actually on.. stuff like that really bothers me.. I mean I know it’s on cause the IATs are dropping and the fan is running.. would be nice if they put that on the dash like next to traction control. Then whenever I hit my auto settings.. I could then press traction control off and power chiller on.. I mean come on this should be a no brainer.
Lack of focus. Dodge annoys me with the legion of things that just aren't fixed as they should be when they okay it for production.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I need to get the paperwork out and read it. I do know, if I don’t use it, I get a refund. So either way (because say I get tuned and simply don’t use it ever) I’ll get the cash when I ask, or may need to just wait the covered period out. Ha, I’ll “loan” myself the cash:rolleyes:
I must have missed something here.....

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
So I tried this today for S & G, turned on track mode, turned the A/C OFF in the cabin, ... completely... powerchiller seemed to work, need someone else to verify though.
Power chiller does not need AC on in cabin.

To work in Dragmode.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I must have missed something here.....
In short, if I don’t make a claim on the extended warranty the extra cost will be refunded.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle