Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis cancels auto shows

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
But it's DODGE we are talking about here! It's going to soo WORK because the mouth pieces are going to make the claim the cars are a "good deal" because of the inflated prices people are now used to. I will contend there is an effort by all these companies to keep raising vehicle prices so that the 40% higher EV cost is within range of ICE

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Those software locks didn't work out for BMW.
I wonder just how long it will take ppl to hack that subscription crap & create a black market for the 'key' to activate the features !

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Subscription services are harder to hack as there's a constant checkin process.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I would assume it has...

Makes you wonder...do they really think they will be able to force us to buy something we really don't want?
The problem with that is can they weather the time we are forced into that "purchase"? Meaning its all about time. A "car" replacement is about time (how long or how many miles before replacement) and what do we buy to replace that car. I have purchased Chrysler vehicles for quite a while, but if EV is my only choice I may never buy another brand new vehicle again... Be careful what you think you can force me into, doing that may end with me giving you the finger and me doing something else...

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
One of the reasons I've been restoring my 22 year old 4runner.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It is kinda comforting to have a couple of diesels with no electronics whatsoever.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The problem with that is can they weather the time we are forced into that "purchase"? Meaning its all about time. A "car" replacement is about time (how long or how many miles before replacement) and what do we buy to replace that car. I have purchased Chrysler vehicles for quite a while, but if EV is my only choice I may never buy another brand new vehicle again... Be careful what you think you can force me into, doing that may end with me giving you the finger and me doing something else...

We are becoming Cuba in soooo many ways !!

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
One of the reasons I've been restoring my 22 year old 4runner.
Exactly, I am 4 toys (cars) deep right now that need to be restored and I have multiple others that are drivers - I never need to buy another car unless I want to, so you can keep your EV's. New cars are getting unnecessarily more complicated - I have little desire to work on new cars and no desire to deal with EV's.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Exactly, I am 4 toys (cars) deep right now that need to be restored and I have multiple others that are drivers - I never need to buy another car unless I want to, so you can keep your EV's. New cars are getting unnecessarily more complicated - I have little desire to work on new cars and no desire to deal with EV's.
I need a new truck in Spring....(I get one every three years)...I may not even wait till then depending on what happens...

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I have an '03 Silverado. I planned to sell it when I got the '23 F150. At this point, I'm thinking I'll just keep the Silverado forever.

The '04 Wrangler is rusting, we'll see how it goes. I wish I had a rust free body/frame from the south and just transfer parts...

Both bought new, driven and maintained with love, honor and respect.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have an '03 Silverado. I planned to sell it when I got the '23 F150. At this point, I'm thinking I'll just keep the Silverado forever.

The '04 Wrangler is rusting, we'll see how it goes. I wish I had a rust free body/frame from the south and just transfer parts...

Both bought new, driven and maintained with love, honor and respect.
Other than my toys...my DD is a 21 Ram 1500 Limited..(it doubles as a work truck)..it currently has 110,000 miles...I'm scheduled to get a new one in March...by then it will have well over 130...my wife's DD is a 22 Genesis...with just over 7000 miles..that will last @ least 5 more years... who knows what te auto industry will look like by then :unsure::unsure:

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I called my dealer for the first time since the release last week...amazing how little...(if at all) Stelantis passes on info to the dealer network....he knows nothing...but assures me my car will be built...
Have you given your VIN to TripleB on the other site? He's doing the 170 production thread, day by day number of 170s built and if he has your vin and sees it you will know where your car is in the production line.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I need a new truck in Spring....(I get one every three years)....
Seems like you have failed miserably so far, getting little 1500 pickups instead.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Seems like you have failed miserably so far, getting little 1500 pickups instead.
"Ahem"...Follow along Jimmie my last truck.an 18 2500 Ram limited...Rode like a covered wagon on the Appalachian trail...mileage was 2mpg worse than the 1500..the 1500 was quieter inside..I don't tow more than a 18 ft enclosed motorcycle trailer so towing capacity doesn't matter..it had more ground clearance.and was a better plow truck...but that's it..too much to give up for so little return...BTW...David said you ordered 15 gator filets from the Omaha steak company...and used him as a reference...what gives...:unsure::unsure::unsure::eek:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
"Ahem"...Follow along Jimmie my last truck.an 18 2500 Ram limited...
Well there's your problem. You should never buy a vehicle that's limited.
For example, my 3500 Tradesman is quite versatile, but I still only use it for towing.

And the Omaha thing was a misteak. I really wanted python.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well there's your problem. You should never buy a vehicle that's limited.
For example, my 3500 Tradesman is quite versatile, but I still only use it for towing.

And the Omaha thing was a misteak. I really wanted python.
I drive a ton of miles...50 thousand miles a year...I like creature comforts..I aint cartn my ass around in a farm truck...the 1500 rides like a Bently..heated /air conditioned seats..heated steering wheel...great sound system..all the bells and whistles..and this one has air ride suspension front and back...it's a great car..I mean truck...and you keep gettin chummy with that melon head David..(just kiddin)..he's gonna talk ya into movin to FLA..and eatin gators and snakes every day:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Have you given your VIN to TripleB on the other site? He's doing the 170 production thread, day by day number of 170s built and if he has your vin and sees it you will know where your car is in the production line.
No can do...I got banned from there not once but twice,,,I think they still have an outstanding warrant for me...:eek::eek:;)

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
But it's DODGE we are talking about here! It's going to soo WORK because the mouth pieces are going to make the claim the cars are a "good deal" because of the inflated prices people are now used to. I will contend there is an effort by all these companies to keep raising vehicle prices so that the 40% higher EV cost is within range of ICE
I seriously, doubt that, there is a place for the EV's, where the sun don't shine...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hey 71, I wood drive tat much driven if I lived in NY. Butt it wood bee a 1 way drive. Youz gure it. Don't cum here.

AllthingsMopar

Vendor
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
OLIVE BRANCH
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Ram
May not be too long before I start another car project with EV being forced like it is (at least so far).

Good time to be an auto parts seller maybe, if you can get the inventory to sell. As many are buying good used cars as well as keeping existing ones longer which means parts, repair shops, DIYers, etc. for many items.