Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Super Stock tech info.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Had a U0100 code pop up, maybe from having a battery charger hooked up to it ??? I’m just not sure. Called dealer next Monday appointment, then on the way to PPF and ceramic coating gas cap check light came on. It might be possessed.
Pop up? I thought that was a hiden code. So, no check engine light. I have seen that code a lot. I would just reset it and not worry about it..........It might be a permanent code and so you might have to wait for it to reset on it's own after several drive cycles.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Pop up? I thought that was a hiden code. So, no check engine light. I have seen that code a lot. I would just reset it and not worry about it..........It might be a permanent code and so you might have to wait for it to reset on it's own after several drive cycles.
Thanks Ron I reset it and it hasn’t come back yet! But now the gas cap issue so it’s going to the dealer and maybe they’ll have the security patch to install by now.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
ORDERING 2022 HC RE AS SOON AS DODGE TAKES ORDERS
Thanks for the info TNREDEYE. That is not good news. Do you know if they have recently even turned out any SSs if the OEM tires are hard to get? This situation might be a good reason not to get a SS if one is on the fence which Hellcat to get. I could see this turning into a situation where you have a car but can't get tires. The market for SS tires can't be very large.

Can you put different wheels on the car and get a decent variety of tires? Many thanks!

Robert

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewes
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 HC RedEye Super Stock
FYI only. . . .I emailed Mickey Thompson a few weeks ago on tires....sizes, our predicament ....and they thanked me, but were NOT interested
in getting us a good 18 inch size that would be perfect for HC widebodies.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
ORDERING 2022 HC RE AS SOON AS DODGE TAKES ORDERS
Thanks for the info Cobrakid. Does anyone know what is the latest SS that anyone, at least here, has taken delivery of? And when was that?

Robert

Last edited:
OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Thread Starter #106
Good news for me....the build sheet popped up on the tracker this morning.
The TRX is on the train and heading west also.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Good news for me....the build sheet popped up on the tracker this morning.
The TRX is on the train and heading west also.
Woohoo, Congratulations!! I'm sure you're excited!

On a slightly less exciting note, my lightweight battery showed up today.
It weighs 31 lbs less than the factory battery. That's a nice chunk of weight to lose.
Resized_20211014_114513.jpeg

OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #108
You know it! Might get them both the same week. That would be wild.

Who did you order the battery from? Anti Gravity?
I'm going to get one also. but wanted to wait until the car gets here.
Nice weight savings.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
You know it! Might get them both the same week. That would be wild.

Who did you order the battery from? Anti Gravity?
I'm going to get one also. but wanted to wait until the car gets here.
Nice weight savings.
It's the same one that vortecd bought from China a few months ago. Looks like a pretty nice piece and comparatively inexpensive.
Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081LBNGFQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
The da was looking pretty good yesterday and Music City only has a cpl more Tuesday nights before stopping them for the year. So, we took some time and pulled the easy weight off the car and headed that way..
The weight removal is the stuff I mentioned earlier in this thread. I did not have the fuel as low as possible though. Starting line weight was most likely in the 4350/4360 range.
The da was good, hovered around 800 ft. The Baro was good at slightly over 30. The humidity sucked though at about 80%.
Music City isn't really known for their track prep on their best day and a typical Tuesday night street deal certainly doesn't inspire them to make the track even what most would call good, much less great. It is still the easiest place for me to get to so I deal with it..
I made two time runs before the track went away and it was race time. The car left ok but sort of just turned the tires early. It then spun/shook for maybe 15 feet on the 1-2 shift both runs.
First run was 1.43/6.58/104. Not too shabby all things considered.
Second run was 1.45/6.59/104. Basically the same as the first run but with a little more initial spin.
After that I changed to the big rear tires and spun my way through a first and second round win.
All in all it was a really fun outing.

We can discuss more specifics if you guys want to know anything...

Oh, and I DID have the chiller on last night. LOL

OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #111
Did the bigger tires make any difference at all?
Our tracks are shut down for the winter.
I'm seriously thinking of driving all the way down to Irwindale to make my first laps on the car.
Maybe Ron would show up LOL.

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
The da was looking pretty good yesterday and Music City only has a cpl more Tuesday nights before stopping them for the year. So, we took some time and pulled the easy weight off the car and headed that way..
The weight removal is the stuff I mentioned earlier in this thread. I did not have the fuel as low as possible though. Starting line weight was most likely in the 4350/4360 range.
The da was good, hovered around 800 ft. The Baro was good at slightly over 30. The humidity sucked though at about 80%.
Music City isn't really known for their track prep on their best day and a typical Tuesday night street deal certainly doesn't inspire them to make the track even what most would call good, much less great. It is still the easiest place for me to get to so I deal with it..
I made two time runs before the track went away and it was race time. The car left ok but sort of just turned the tires early. It then spun/shook for maybe 15 feet on the 1-2 shift both runs.
First run was 1.43/6.58/104. Not too shabby all things considered.
Second run was 1.45/6.59/104. Basically the same as the first run but with a little more initial spin.
After that I changed to the big rear tires and spun my way through a first and second round win.
All in all it was a really fun outing.

We can discuss more specifics if you guys want to know anything...

Oh, and I DID have the chiller on last night. LOL
I'm getting ready to run tomorrow evening for the first time. My setup will be as follows:
-Demon wheels with Hoosier DR2's 325/45/18 (saves 10 lbs total from OE)
-DIRS diff brace (adds 10 lbs)
-Demon crate air filter
-Removed front sway bar (15 lbs, not sure why the diff from what was posted in this thread?)
-Removed trunk floor and compressor tray (18 lbs)
-Removed washer fluid (5 lbs)
-Removed drivers side hood scoop screen (Thanks for the idea Ron)
-Will put in Sunoco 260 GTX 98 octane

I have not decided if I want to take the passenger seat out just yet. I may just wait until I'm running my Weld drag pack, which would then save around 160 lbs (95 lbs + 65 lbs). And I'm already a rear seat delete car.

What fuel did you run? And did you leave the chiller on during the passes? Track mode? I know the pad underneath is supposed to keep it from dripping but someone in this forum said theirs leaked anyway.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Mike,
In my case I've used the 305/45's as my go fast tires and my 315/50's as my local crappy track tires. The RE's didn't work well enough on launch for me to even consider trying the small tire at Music City. The SS leaves so much better that I though I'd give it a go. It worked.. but only marginally.
By the time first round came around the track was pretty much dead and I didn't think the small tire would work well at all. Having said that, the big tire went 144/6.62 but mph went up to 105. The pair, including wheel weight differences, add 20 lbs to the car. So, IMO they were not as much slower as I'd expected.
To give some perspective on track condition I went 6.72 w lots of spin/shake second round and only won because the other guy broke out. Third round it didn't even consider hooking and only went 6.83. All three runs w the big tire were over 105 mph though.
All of that info combined has me wondering if the big tire is perhaps better overall for quarter mile stuff.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Boosted,
I'll have to go back and weigh my sway bar. My notes have the RE bar at 25 incl brackets, bolts, etc. Maybe I was off on the weight of that bar? Or maybe the SS bar is somehow lighter?
I'm with you on the seat thing. Since you have the weight of stock wheels and such it seems almost pointless to pull the seat. Once you get the good wheels/tires on it that's a different story.
I ran in straight up Track mode and left the chiller on the entire time. I've made a ton of passes with 3 different cars now and have never had a leak that I know of.
Fwiw - on my 6.58/6.59 I ran them 9 minutes apart. I never cut the car off, just rolled right back into the lanes, reset my tire pressure and let her rip.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Boosted,
I'll have to go back and weigh my sway bar. My notes have the RE bar at 25 incl brackets, bolts, etc. Maybe I was off on the weight of that bar? Or maybe the SS bar is somehow lighter?
I'm with you on the seat thing. Since you have the weight of stock wheels and such it seems almost pointless to pull the seat. Once you get the good wheels/tires on it that's a different story.
I ran in straight up Track mode and left the chiller on the entire time. I've made a ton of passes with 3 different cars now and have never had a leak that I know of.
Fwiw - on my 6.58/6.59 I ran them 9 minutes apart. I never cut the car off, just rolled right back into the lanes, reset my tire pressure and let her rip.
Curious what the bar weighs. I'm thinking they used the Demon/1320 bar which is around 14 lbs with end links

OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #116
Boosted,
The RE sway bar and hardware does in fact weigh exactly 25 lbs. on my freight scale as well.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Curious what the bar weighs. I'm thinking they used the Demon/1320 bar which is around 14 lbs with end links
I just weighed mine and it weighs 15 lb just like Boosted's. I have no prior experience with this bar other than to take it off and put it on the shelf just like I did with the RE bars. lol
Are they smaller diameter? Hollow? Just to look at it it looks basically the same size as the RE bar. I don't have them to compare side beside though so I could easily be wrong.

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Boosted,
That's great how you can run these cars back to back, hot lapping, and they stay consistent. Dodge really put a lot of work into that. Btw, ironically my rear Weld wheels showed up today after being on backorder since June 8. I have Hoosier drag bracket radials to go on the 17x10's but that will be for another outing. No time to get tires mounted etc for tomorrow night.

I just weighed mine and it weighs 15 lb just like Boosted's. I have no prior experience with this bar other than to take it off and put it on the shelf just like I did with the RE bars. lol
Are they smaller diameter? Hollow? Just to look at it it looks basically the same size as the RE bar. I don't have them to compare side beside though so I could easily be wrong.
See, i'm not crazy! Was really cool that it was so light, but disappointing that I was not removing any more weight than that...

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Btw, posted my outstanding :ROFLMAO: results from last night in my thread in this section...

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Did the bigger tires make any difference at all?
Our tracks are shut down for the winter.
I'm seriously thinking of driving all the way down to Irwindale to make my first laps on the car.
Maybe Ron would show up LOL.
Irwindale would be a mistake unless it is a special event. Thursday night is a crap shoot. Do you have FB?

THIS, is what I would go to if I were you. I was scheduled to go and a lot of my Friends are going but I had to accept a well paying Gig. So, unfortunately I cannot go....

https://m.facebook.com/events/884893812056447

Untitled.png