Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tazer button remap issue.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
A bypass is not needed on 2015/2016/2017 cars, only 2018+ is a SWG bypass required.
Knee knocker.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I got the bypass almost 7 years ago but I think I got it from the Tazer folks....ZTronic?

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've had a Burnbox HC for years. Stays plugged in to a bypass in the trunk all the time. I love mine. Mapping buttons is easy. Flip the screen on the dash to audio so you can see button function. Push the left steering wheel button and hold it down, and push the burnbox button on the steering wheel you want to program. Every button press will change the programmed function, just cycle through until you get the one you want. I have two buttons on my steering wheel and the first is the line lock and the second is cool down. It's never drained my battery. I do have the latest firmware which may or may not matter on that but mine will shut the cool down feature off if the battery voltage goes below 12V (I think it's 12V) but it shuts off anyway.

I wouldn't recommend just turning if on and going and sitting in your trailer though. I usually run mine for 10 or 15 minutes and call it good. It'll drop temps real quick at first but the closer your coolant temp gets to ambient the slower it goes (thermodynamics) so once it drops 20 deg or so I shut it off.
that's exactly how mine was setup, until randomly it started keeping the ICU awake. which would drain the battery. I would walk into the garage and randomly see the dash was lit up. unplug the battery and reconnect it would work great again for a while then randomly do it all over again. since upgrading to the IC Chiller I haven't had a need for it again. unplugged it and no more issues.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #44
that's exactly how mine was setup, until randomly it started keeping the ICU awake. which would drain the battery. I would walk into the garage and randomly see the dash was lit up. unplug the battery and reconnect it would work great again for a while then randomly do it all over again. since upgrading to the IC Chiller I haven't had a need for it again. unplugged it and no more issues.
pebkac

1687373698247.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah it's a computer interface after all using canbus commands (I assume) so I can see it requiring a specific sequence.

The only problem I've ever had with mine is it losing the button programming. I'll go to use the line lock and nothing happens. I quickly re-program and moved on with my day. I had been thinking it was due to flashing a tune in the car but never looked in to it since it's so quick to just re-program but I may need to look at doing the above.

I'd love a way to disable the light shows so I don't have to scroll through them when setting up the steering wheel buttons. Anyone figure that out? The only things I use are the line lock and cool down.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I've had a Burnbox HC for years. Stays plugged in to a bypass in the trunk all the time. I love mine. Mapping buttons is easy. Flip the screen on the dash to audio so you can see button function. Push the left steering wheel button and hold it down, and push the burnbox button on the steering wheel you want to program. Every button press will change the programmed function, just cycle through until you get the one you want. I have two buttons on my steering wheel and the first is the line lock and the second is cool down. It's never drained my battery. I do have the latest firmware which may or may not matter on that but mine will shut the cool down feature off if the battery voltage goes below 12V (I think it's 12V) but it shuts off anyway.

I wouldn't recommend just turning if on and going and sitting in your trailer though. I usually run mine for 10 or 15 minutes and call it good. It'll drop temps real quick at first but the closer your coolant temp gets to ambient the slower it goes (thermodynamics) so once it drops 20 deg or so I shut it off.
We seem to be the minority. I have had no issues and love mine too.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I got the bypass almost 7 years ago but I think I got it from the Tazer folks....ZTronic?
yep mine is also in the trunk

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
A bypass is not needed on 2015/2016/2017 cars, only 2018+ is a SWG bypass required.
Yep, I think he’s talking about how you can hook it up to the rear redundant can c star port, and use the “bypass” to plug it in and supply power - folks do that to free up the obdii port - I just have a splitter up front. Leaving plugged in is always 100% guaranteed to kill your battery if not on tender.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yep, I think he’s talking about how you can hook it up to the rear redundant can c star port, and use the “bypass” to plug it in and supply power - folks do that to free up the obdii port - I just have a splitter up front. Leaving plugged in is always 100% guaranteed to kill your battery if not on tender.
I plug my mvp2 in at the trunk. Bypass cable went bad. I prefer it back there.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I plug my mvp2 in at the trunk. Bypass cable went bad. I prefer it back there.
You have an 18 don’t you?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I do do. I wood throe da whole thang away and start ovah. Sum one, whuuse nose whooo, de whoo. Stole my 1 ear ole radar, scrambler detactor. Had er at da dealership and p-aint shop, soo whoose 2 know. Luuck up anutter 1- 2 to day and new impruved it is a whoopen $399. 2 tanks of 93. Rocky Mountain Rad dittar. Cheapah ones buttster dis ones duz up 2- 360 and around up to 2 - 5 miles. Den tay pay fer yoall ticketster. Bettah den haven a 140 in a 55. Ifster in Tn ee see been unda jail witch day don't uneven have. Linder story,, Gal I waz want 2 marry butt woodn't cause her dad didn't thank I waz dee best bass fisher d haven sax wit his daughtahude in da county. Butt I waz. Beeen basterized cents I waz 05 now I waz,, 19. I cuud kick hiz ass butt I wunted 2 kiss her ?? Him bee en a head member of da IBEW and meeze bee in an engineer- management,,, weeze didn't sea two eye 2 eye ova nuttin ass ept fishen and his daughter's 16 year ols ass. Sorry mi friend butt nuttin. I due hope to sea in a munth, buddy hammontree. Great dad and fisheerman. Stayed out of her ruum when needed 2 beez. Oh boyz and gurls,, 19 again. No moe. Cold shower.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yep, so you need the bypass. I’m saying that people that don’t need it use it to install the tazer in the trunk as well

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yep, so you need the bypass. I’m saying that people that don’t need it use it to install the tazer in the trunk as well
I use the z automotive jumper for my mvp2.