Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tazer button remap issue.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
If anyone is interested, I have a new in the box, Burn Box I bought for my 2015 Scat Pack Challenger, specifically to get the line lock. Never did install it and ended up buying a Red Eye that came standard with a line lock. I’ll sell it for $200 shipped. PM me if interested.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
So to bring this thread full circle finally installed the new module.
DB1046DD-771E-4FC3-8142-9E089CC84D65.jpeg Old on top, new on bottom. The module works and I have the buttons remapped to line lock, custom mode, cooldown. The unfortunate thing is the buttons I ordered dont work. I need the newer buttons so Ill be ordering those now.

Old:
7A819540-EB3D-4ED0-819D-1FC43685BD73.jpeg
New:
7A18F10E-A8A3-4C49-9226-2C4327F2277D.jpeg

So if you have an early year Challenger with the old module, if you upgrade make sure you buy the right buttons for the new module. Hope this helps.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So your original module was broken or?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
So your original module was broken or?
The original module may be broken or it may not be supported. The buttons may not elicit a canbus notification as they were never “programmed” to work. My friends 2015 M6 ScatPack had no issues, in fact sold my Z-Auto buttons to him. I havent taken the time to sit there with a probe yet but if anyone has any trouble this is the way to go with the parts listed.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I have my buttons installed on my wheel (I just have a burn box) but HHP sold me a standard “burn box 2.0” and not the hellcat burn box, so kinda mad - hellcat burn box has the cooldown mode, this one does not. Also, no idea how to actually map the buttons with the burn box or if it’s even possible. Installed the buttons when I put my paddle shifters in

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It was a pain in the ass.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have my buttons installed on my wheel (I just have a burn box) but HHP sold me a standard “burn box 2.0” and not the hellcat burn box, so kinda mad - hellcat burn box has the cooldown mode, this one does not. Also, no idea how to actually map the buttons with the burn box or if it’s even possible. Installed the buttons when I put my paddle shifters in
I have 1 you can buy. Worked fine when I used it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Buttons map. I have a burn box with buttons. I have used the cool down a few times but for me it was for the line lock

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Buttons map. I have a burn box with buttons. I have used the cool down a few times but for me it was for the line lock
I think you have to put it on audio to map?

Cooler always killed my battery. Very quickly in fact.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Eye wood unhuck da battery and start ovea.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
wow old thread, I have this setup in my car and never use it anymore. I was tired of all the issues with the tazer and killing the battery and always messing with the electronics. unplugged it and haven't had an issue since.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've had a Burnbox HC for years. Stays plugged in to a bypass in the trunk all the time. I love mine. Mapping buttons is easy. Flip the screen on the dash to audio so you can see button function. Push the left steering wheel button and hold it down, and push the burnbox button on the steering wheel you want to program. Every button press will change the programmed function, just cycle through until you get the one you want. I have two buttons on my steering wheel and the first is the line lock and the second is cool down. It's never drained my battery. I do have the latest firmware which may or may not matter on that but mine will shut the cool down feature off if the battery voltage goes below 12V (I think it's 12V) but it shuts off anyway.

I wouldn't recommend just turning if on and going and sitting in your trailer though. I usually run mine for 10 or 15 minutes and call it good. It'll drop temps real quick at first but the closer your coolant temp gets to ambient the slower it goes (thermodynamics) so once it drops 20 deg or so I shut it off.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It seems to be a hit or miss thing.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, you do have to pay attention to set it up properly. I think some people get anxious about it because it's an electronic gizmo and don't really understand it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well, you do have to pay attention to set it up properly. I think some people get anxious about it because it's an electronic gizmo and don't really understand it.
Mine worked. It was just not worth it. Very glitchy, line lock is useless and it kills the battery in no time in cool down mode.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Mine worked. It was just not worth it. Very glitchy, line lock is useless and it kills the battery in no time in cool down mode.
My line lock works perfectly and it's never killed my battery. I've been using it for almost 7 years now. Did you put the latest firmware on the unit?

@Unholy707 I'd def want the one with cool down. I'd send what you have back to HHP and get the HC version if it were me.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My line lock works perfectly and it's never killed my battery. I've been using it for almost 7 years now. Did you put the latest firmware on the unit?
It goes back in street traction after I release the button. Talked to them and I was told that the tazer would correct it. Didn't. I haven't used it in over 2 years.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
Which bypass did you use @Speedy! ? I want to relocate it to get it off that segment of the canbus. I use a Y splitter and sometimes since they're close in proximity it causes issues.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Which bypass did you use @Speedy! ? I want to relocate it to get it off that segment of the canbus. I use a Y splitter and sometimes since they're close in proximity it causes issues.
Yours isn't located in the trunk?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #40
I've had a Burnbox HC for years. Stays plugged in to a bypass in the trunk all the time. I love mine. Mapping buttons is easy. Flip the screen on the dash to audio so you can see button function. Push the left steering wheel button and hold it down, and push the burnbox button on the steering wheel you want to program. Every button press will change the programmed function, just cycle through until you get the one you want. I have two buttons on my steering wheel and the first is the line lock and the second is cool down. It's never drained my battery. I do have the latest firmware which may or may not matter on that but mine will shut the cool down feature off if the battery voltage goes below 12V (I think it's 12V) but it shuts off anyway.

I wouldn't recommend just turning if on and going and sitting in your trailer though. I usually run mine for 10 or 15 minutes and call it good. It'll drop temps real quick at first but the closer your coolant temp gets to ambient the slower it goes (thermodynamics) so once it drops 20 deg or so I shut it off.
Yours isn't located in the trunk?
A bypass is not needed on 2015/2016/2017 cars, only 2018+ is a SWG bypass required.